Timberwolves @ Suns Wednesday game thread, 11-15-2023

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If Nurkic gets in foul trouble, the Suns will be really small.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Book is unreal. Pretty sure he's scored or passed every point so far. KD has barely touched the ball and should have plenty of gas down the stretch for once.

KD doesn’t run out of gas, he forces things and takes awful shots.

His ball handling under pressure is not what it used to be.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
KD with the most points ever by a Phx Sun in the first 10 games of a season but it still ain't enough lol

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm glad the Suns are driving the ball inside when given the opportunity.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hopefully it helps the Timberwolves played yesterday. They beat the Warriors in their last two games.

Actually, the Wolves have won their last seven games.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah but if we have a chance to win it all this season, it will take all 3 of our "stars". And if we have all 3 of our stars, KD isn't going to have to carry us when he's double and triple teamed.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KD with the most points ever by a Phx Sun in the first 10 games of a season but it still ain't enough lol

4-6 against a soft schedule, multiple awful collapses. We brought him in so we wouldn’t need Booker to carry us and it turns out we need Booker more than ever.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Towns just sat there and watched Draymond choke Gobert out - I mean it was probably the smart thing to do but as far as team chemistry goes idk lol

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I am waiting for our D to show up under Vogel. We do well when we quit turning it over, too. IF we can shore up those things, the wins will come. No one can out shoot us if we take as many shots as our opponents, or get more shots!!

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but if we have a chance to win it all this season, it will take all 3 of our "stars". And if we have all 3 of our stars, KD isn't going to have to carry us when he's double and triple teamed.
He won’t be double and triple teamed, book will get that treatment if anybody.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It’s Chambers-esque the year before we got Barkley, when he was still putting up good looking numbers but was nowhere near the player he was when he first joined the Suns.

Now, I’m not saying Chambers was ever as good, but it’s a similar looking devolution of skills.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Simple solution: build up a 30 point lead going into the 4th. Easy. Teams can come back down 20 but 30 is harder. Lol
I'm not nearly as worried of that happening when we have Book. Gives us two guys that can just get a bucket when one is needed and Book is probably our best at that.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
4-6 against a soft schedule, multiple awful collapses. We brought him in so we wouldn’t need Booker to carry us and it turns out we need Booker more than ever.
If you want to go and compare the strength of schedule with all the other top scorers be my guest but I have a feeling it won't matter my man - and as far as Book goes - KD carried the team while Book was injured - literally averaging 30 pts a game - but like I said it's just not good enough for some

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
It’s Chambers-esque the year before we got Barkley, when he was still putting up good looking numbers but was nowhere near the player he was when he first joined the Suns.

Now, I’m not saying Chambers was ever as good, but it’s a similar looking devolution of skills.
If Chambers had just shot his career average against the Bulls, we would have won that series easy. He was in a funk unfortunately for us in that series. They were leaving him open like Okogie.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Wolves will keep pounding the boards and have the size to do it.