TIME is the word of the week

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
Yes, I am furious at Dennis Green. Probably not as furious at him as I was Sunday afternoon at about 4:30, but still frustrated with him. He went back on his call that Josh was our man for 2 weeks, and we paid the price. Now, refusing to be wrong, he's doing ANOTHER 180 saying Navarre will be our starting QB. The guy's got to know when you take fans for spins like this, and it fails miserably, to STOP and admit your mistake, not look for another loophole by starting Navarre. Only credible QB after Navarre fails is Emmitt! We can't start throwing in the towel- it will ruin our confidence level for next year. Next year should be a continuation of this year's progress, not another building year b/c of Green's mistakes.

BUT then I think of my favorite team and I realize I've been spoiled this year. Expecting a 10-6 turnaround like Parcells and the Cowboys was foolish. By giving this franchise hope and excitement and someone other to blame than our ownership, Green has done a number already. He is the man for the job. I and any other Cardinals fans who are furious at Green need to think of the word "TIME." It took us FIFTY YEARS to finally win a playoff game, and not even a year since Green was hired, we're thirsty for conference domination. Next year will be better, and the next year will be even better. Who knows, we could be the next dynasty. The Cardinals are going to be VERY popular when they win the Super Bowl. Keep on trucking, Cardinals fans, and please, don't lose faith in Denny. He has his mistakes (I wish he would admit to them and just start McCown) but he has gotten us so far already and above all, RESPECT from the league. We are no longer the lowest of the low in the NFL. That occupation belongs to SF!

Here's to a strong, confident finish this year playoffs or not! :cheers:

GO CARDINALS.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
brandon said:
We are no longer the lowest of the low in the NFL. That occupation belongs to SF!

sadly - of course - their lone win of the season is . . . US! :mad:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I still think ESPN may be onto something and there is more to the Josh benching than is being let out.Look at all the circumstances and it just doesn't add up.The Cards had won 3 of 4 and their last 2 including their first road win in 17 games.The benching occured on a Saturday night in Carolina.Why would Green bench HIS guy he said he could win with while he was winning. He probably hoped King could play well and the questions would go away.King didn't and he goes to a rookie instead of back to JOsh. Things just don't happen that way. And it's not Green being an ego-maniac either.If that was the case he could say he was winning with JOsh which would justify his naming him the starter in February and sticking with him . He had a convenient excuse of Josh having a concussion he could've used for playing King but he didn't and he got upset with reporters when asked about. There is definitely more to the story.This situation is just too fishy. Look at the Quincy Carter release in pre-season. Nobody saw that coming. I'm not saying Josh is a coke head like Carter but something has happened off the field. As much as some people want to hate Green for his moves,no coach would just bench their starter when they are winning.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Cbus

what do you think happened off the field? I'm just curious. I too find it peculiar.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
I agree with everything you have said CBus.......something has to have happened off the field. Nothing else makes sense to me

Cbus cardsfan said:
I still think ESPN may be onto something and there is more to the Josh benching than is being let out.Look at all the circumstances and it just doesn't add up.The Cards had won 3 of 4 and their last 2 including their first road win in 17 games.The benching occured on a Saturday night in Carolina.Why would Green bench HIS guy he said he could win with while he was winning. He probably hoped King could play well and the questions would go away.King didn't and he goes to a rookie instead of back to JOsh. Things just don't happen that way. And it's not Green being an ego-maniac either.If that was the case he could say he was winning with JOsh which would justify his naming him the starter in February and sticking with him . He had a convenient excuse of Josh having a concussion he could've used for playing King but he didn't and he got upset with reporters when asked about. There is definitely more to the story.This situation is just too fishy. Look at the Quincy Carter release in pre-season. Nobody saw that coming. I'm not saying Josh is a coke head like Carter but something has happened off the field. As much as some people want to hate Green for his moves,no coach would just bench their starter when they are winning.

OP
OP
B

brandon

Rookie
Reaction score
Now that's an idea I didn't take into consideration. Highly unlikely if ya ask me, I really do think Green just wants to give Navarre a chance and he thinks our season is over or something- who knows. I'd actually be relieved if there was more to the story, cause right now the story sucks.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Green is a smart man. He stands to earn a 1 million dollar bonus by making the playoffs.
I think he has come to the conclusion Josh just ain't picking it up and King is not the answer. Thus, he feels gives us the best opportunity to win our 5th game.
If he's right , he is a genious. If he's wrong he will have shown management, fans, and the media that this team needs a starting qb for next year.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
I hope to god this thing with Navarre works out. It would be great if we could catch a break in this postion for once. After Lomax, it just seems we have had a huge hole at the QB postion with a guy who can never get it done. It would be one heck of a story if it works out.

Well, atleast this season hasn't been boring! Each week I'm waiting for a new bombshell to drop.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
what do you think happened off the field? I'm just curious. I too find it peculiar.

I have no idea what could've happened.Maybe JOsh asked Denny's wife out,or something like that :D . Also,i've noticed that noone on the team has come out and backed Josh.Maybe the players went to Denny and aksed that Josh be benched.Fitz and Boldin have looked frustrated. Maybe that crying incident was a sign that JOsh doesn't have the mental makeup to be a NFL starting QB.Look at Tim Couch's career since his crying episode.But the guys on ESPN,especially Trey Wingo and Eric Allen,intimated that there was more to this and Denny would keep it in house.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They spent the entire off season workouts, training camp and first nine games "tutoring" Josh. I think they just gave up on him and felt the progress was not being made. IMO they don't feel that Josh has the mental strength to handle the position. The Navarre tryout will determine the direction in the off season regarding the need for a qb. I would be very surprised if Josh and King are back next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05