To beat Washington we need to:

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
STOP PORTIS!! I was reading his comments on Yahoo Rumors. Said he was frustrated--too much emphasis on passing (ie; West Coast)--too many defenders in his own backfield hitting him--not feeling good about his O-Line. So, my thinking is the "Stink-skins" are going to come out and try and pound the ball. This seems like good strategy. I haven't been able to see our 1st (2) games but I've read comments on here that our tackling has been sub-par. Also, long drives mostly on the ground would keep Q & Fitz off the field. Thoughts?? GO CARDS!! Also, any injury up-date on Eric Green??

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards need Watson and Branch. We need to run the ball too.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Cards need Watson and Branch. We need to run the ball too.
Agreed. We are gonna also have to get on the board big and early. The fact that they came back against the Saints this week sucks, because now the fans will be more hesitant to shut up and leave when the Skins start losing. Jason Campbell is tough as nails physically, but tends to fall apart after an INT. A DRC pick6 would be a nice way to start the game.

black

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I look for a game like the opener. Ground it out, keep our defense fresh.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I look for a game like the opener. Ground it out, keep our defense fresh.
Again I agree. I think our D is gonna have to produce turnovers and I thin they will. Honestly, our D should know Zorn's offense better than his own players.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
WAS is running a crazy playbook under Zorn. It is basically their zone running scheme on run plays and the West-Coast pass offense.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We need to score points than Washington.

/Mulli

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey, how did DRC look?

Ugh. Well, lets see.

He started giving too much cushion after after Adam and I talk about him playing close on the receivers at the line of scrimmage. He allowed a couple receptions when he was out of position. (by giving too much cushion) For someone of his stature, I am VERY impressed with his tackling.

He is also a safety valve on kickoffs. Didn't make a tackle, but they rarely do anyway.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a serious answer to the question posed --my biggest concerns are these:

1) Our run game is 23rd in yardage gained and 31st in ypc. That is pathetic. (As the year progresses, we have got to give Edge fewer touches and more to Hightower) the Skins defense is very good and we are still one dimentional on offense.

2) On defense so far, Antrel Rolle at FS is a complete disaster. In a close game, as the game will probably be, Rolle might very well lose it by himself. You know the Skins will go after him.

3) Neil Rackers. Enough said.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I will go more general:

to win -- they need to survive the first half.

By that I mean -- be no worse than down one score when they get the ball for the first time in the third quarter.

It sounds goofy, but in the three east coast games last year -- they got blitzed in the first halves of those games, and then spend the second half trying to come back.

If they dont put themselves in an early hole -- I like their chances in the second half.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
2) On defense so far, Antrel Rolle at FS is a complete disaster. In a close game, as the game will probably be, Rolle might very well lose it by himself. You know the Skins will go after him.

The Cards are 10th against the pass (among teams who have played 2 games) and haven't given up a passing TD. I'm not sure what you are basing Rolle's play on if you consider that a "complete disaster".

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The Cards are 10th against the pass (among teams who have played 2 games) and haven't given up a passing TD. I'm not sure what you are basing Rolle's play on if you consider that a "complete disaster".

Remember Skorp is never too quick to judge.

If you don't believe me, ask him..:D

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in a close game, the only thing that terrifies me is Neil Rackers. He's already missed two FG inside 46 yards and has a kick out of bounds? If it's close, I've got no faith he's gonna hit anything.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
STOP PORTIS!! I was reading his comments on Yahoo Rumors. Said he was frustrated--too much emphasis on passing (ie; West Coast)--too many defenders in his own backfield hitting him--not feeling good about his O-Line. So, my thinking is the "Stink-skins" are going to come out and try and pound the ball. This seems like good strategy. I haven't been able to see our 1st (2) games but I've read comments on here that our tackling has been sub-par. Also, long drives mostly on the ground would keep Q & Fitz off the field. Thoughts?? GO CARDS!! Also, any injury up-date on Eric Green??

To beat the skins we need to Kurt to have another 158.3 passer rating which is as high as you can get. I think this was the 3rd time he has done this.

P.S. McFadden ran for 162 yds. He did fumble but his team got the ball back. Watching him he looked just like he did at Arkansas when he would go through the line and find holes where there were none.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In a serious answer to the question posed --my biggest concerns are these:

1) Our run game is 23rd in yardage gained and 31st in ypc. That is pathetic. (As the year progresses, we have got to give Edge fewer touches and more to Hightower) the Skins defense is very good and we are still one dimentional on offense.

3) Neil Rackers. Enough said.

:yeahthat:

Plus I'm still not happy with our pass rush. It seems very inconsistant.

Rackers scares the crap out of me. Another kickoff out of bounds. Another miss.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

You have to consider who we played so far. Not exactly teams with great WRs. Plus SF's offense barely saw the field.

Rolle has whiffed on tackles in the running game. He is supposed to be a good tackler and is our last line of defense.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
in a close game, the only thing that terrifies me is Neil Rackers. He's already missed two FG inside 46 yards and has a kick out of bounds? If it's close, I've got no faith he's gonna hit anything.

the Rackers thing has me worried as well

Is it worth carrying two kickers?

do you get a guy (Morton Anderson??) who can be counted on to make everything inside 40 yards -- and leave the longer stuff and kickoffs up to Neil?

Would that simply destroy whatever is left of his psyche?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I agree. Rolle has been fine. Definitely nowhere close to a "complete disaster." He's lightyears better than Holt was and he's still learning the position. He'll be just fine.

Yep. We will lose games on Rackers' leg this year. It will sting, bad. He's lucky that flag happened and we ended up scoring, because missing that was horrid. He also *barely* made one of those other FGs, and he used to have a monster leg...the thing barely cleared the uprights from not that far out.

He's disgusting me out there.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep. We will lose games on Rackers' leg this year. It will sting, bad. He's lucky that flag happened and we ended up scoring, because missing that was horrid. He also *barely* made one of those other FGs, and he used to have a monster leg...the thing barely cleared the uprights from not that far out.

He's disgusting me out there.

that's really the one thing that seriously pissed me off this off-season. Two years ago, when the guy has "his holder", he missed both tough and easily makable clutch kicks and last year, without his holder, the guy missed tough and easily makable clutch kicks and so far this year, he's missed a couple makable kicks that didn't even have to be clutch. With the margin for error so small, I just don't understand why you keep depending on this guy.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Agreed. We are gonna also have to get on the board big and early. The fact that they came back against the Saints this week sucks, because now the fans will be more hesitant to shut up and leave when the Skins start losing. Jason Campbell is tough as nails physically, but tends to fall apart after an INT. A DRC pick6 would be a nice way to start the game.

I would not be shocked to see more no huddle than usual in this game. It also seems like Fred Smoot is struggling a little bit, and I would not be surprised to see the Cardinals go after him with a vengeance.