To beat Washington we need to:

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
I just hope we don't kill ourselves like in the past. Stupid penalties and personal fouls.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. contain Cambell don't let him escape make him pass under pressure

2. stop portis without question but this is pretty much a given

3. corners must do a good job on Moss otherwise he will burn us like he did vs the saints

4. get boldin and fitz going early like we did last game :)

5. and warner must be sharp on his passes would be hard duplicate last week game but something similar will do

and finally no mess up kicks by rackers

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Completely different teams this year...so last year doesn't matter. Warner had 1 arm and was still hurting from the injury. Boldin played his first game from being injured. We have alot of momentum and our team is more orginized and focused now.

Washington has a completely new scheme in place. Gibbs also dominated us for some reason. So now having Zorn should be a bonus whether he is a great coach or not.

This is a huge game for both teams. 1)Washington doesn't want to go 1-2 and 2)This is a huge statement "respect" game for us. The players know we have beaten 2 below average teams , atleast in some people eyes. Washington is a good team and they are at home. We win this game and people will notice. Not only because we will be 3-0...but also 2-0 on the road!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington is a good team and they are at home. We win this game and people will notice. Not only because we will be 3-0...but also 2-0 on the road!
I agreed with the rest of the post, bu I am not so sure about this. I still have a feeling that when we win the media will just say that win against NO was a fluke and the Skins are as bad as everyone said they were after week 1.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
containing campbell will be huge. and not letting santana moss get past the safeties. no big plays and we should stay in it.

azfan43

Rookie
Reaction score
i just have nightmares of our corners getting smoked by moss...a part of me wants to start DRC soley to run with him...either a smoked corner for a lighting-strike td or rolle biting on a PA. if those lighting strike passes dont happen...i see us winning almost as easy as SF but this time those FGs will be FGs and not 'fg's that should have been touchdowns' know what i mean?

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
3) Neil Rackers. Enough said.
I'm really concerned... he may cost us couple of games this year. Not replacing him in the previous off season was a big mistake. I have zero confidence in him even with 30 yarders... I'd rather go for it on 4th downs. I have higher confidence in that the way our offense is clicking.

And, BTW, I'm getting tired of Whiz sitting there trying to defend this bozo.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
in a close game, the only thing that terrifies me is Neil Rackers. He's already missed two FG inside 46 yards and has a kick out of bounds? If it's close, I've got no faith he's gonna hit anything.
yep... zero confidence

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The Redskins offense, and Jason Campbell in particular, has looked a little discumbobulated in parts of the first two games. I would expect Clancy Pendergast to give them some fresh looks this week, and for the Skins to burn several early time outs on offense as a result. It always good when your opponent burns early time outs. ;)

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think this game comes down to coaching "not to lose". The thing I like about Whiz is that he is willing to do whatever it takes to win .....even if he doesn't like the way he has to do it. We will play close to the vest for about the first quarter. I see us going to no-huddle very early in this game and forcing the Redskins hand.
Smoot vs Fitzgerald alllllllllll day long.. When the Skins adjust to that look for Boldin and Pope to light them up.

Look. When defenses play teams like the Colts, it's almost comes down to how can we slow this team down? That's exactly the way WE should feel about teams facing us. They can take one thing away, but they simply cannot shut us down. The only way we will be shut down this year is:
A. Turnovers.
B. Stupid penalties.
C. Injuries.
D. Playing to conservative.

Option D is tricky because there is a fine line between keeping the pressure on the defense and playing recklessly.

My confidence grows every week with this coaching staff. They seem to adjust to the situation throughout the game. I also love how we are subsituting and still getting the plays in on the offense. Yes, preparing for our offense has to be a pretty tough task.
If the offense does what it is capable of , the defense will do enough to secure this game.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:yeahthat:

Plus I'm still not happy with our pass rush. It seems very inconsistant.

Rackers scares the crap out of me. Another kickoff out of bounds. Another miss.

Our pass rush just didn't get it done again. Campbell had way to much time back there.

On a positive note our running game looked good. Edge had a good average rushing the ball today.

There were just too many mistakes on the whole to win this one on the road.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Cards are 10th against the pass (among teams who have played 2 games) and haven't given up a passing TD. I'm not sure what you are basing Rolle's play on if you consider that a "complete disaster".

My big problem with todays game was our defense and I did not like kicking the ball with 4th and 4 near the 50 with under 3 minutes to play. The way our defense had been playing the odds of us getting it back were not very good. Did we or did we not have a second left on the clock when Warner thru the TD on 4th and short. That was a gutsy call.