To the Suns fans...from a Spurs fan

suckerpunch

Reaction score
Yeah, I know that I'm in the wrong board. But I'd like to give you guys a little insight on what's going on down here in San Antonio. First, every true Spurs fan was/is disgusted and embarrassed by what Horry did last night. San Antonio has always been proud of the fact that the Spurs were above the thug image and played true team basketball.

On a local sports radio show. Many fans emailed and called in saying that Horry should be suspended for his actions (this was prior to the NBA ruling). Many voiced their embarrasment.

I am one Spurs fan that maintains respect for the Suns team (even after one player's comments). I'll understand how Suns fans can not maintain the same level of respect for one player's actions.

I feel the NBA should have fined Robert Horry and ruled nada against the Suns players. This would have left each team at full strength and both cities would have been treated to a very heated, very intense rest of the series.

Now if the Suns win tomorrow and the next game, Spurs fans will cry foul at the fact that we didn't have a full bench. If the Spurs win tomorrow...well it's obvious. The end result is an asterisk attached to the result.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
nice post you do have some pathetic fans on spurstalk.com though..

blaming nash for flopping when horry checked him.. i couldn't believe that..

i do hope not all of your fans are like that because it'll make me punch the next spurs fan i see in the mouth..

HardBall

Devil Man
Reaction score
classy. and appreciated. there are some pretty harsh comments on the board right now, so take it in perspective of the day's events.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
and ya i think we will still win this series suns are the best team on the planet.. and steve nash is the best player in the world in soccer and basketball..

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Classy post.

This is what disturbs me the most...

This series had a chance (and possibly still does) of being a classic. We didn't need the NBA to issue a black and white ruling that robs EVERYONE involved.

You're right, the Spurs will have another asterisk to go along with the title they won in the lock-out shortened year.

Sane, forward-thinking persons would have come to the conclusion that there really was no harm/no foul. I don't even give a crap if Bob Horry got suspended or not. In due time, karma will be a bitch for him.

JAndrews

Rookie
Reaction score
Nice initial post, the spurs definitely have the upper hand in game 5. Dont count out the suns at home, if the 3's are hitting it is a close game.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns need a Randy Quaid moment like in the movie, Independence Day. I loved it when Randy took out that mother ship. Maybe Pat Burke can play Randy Quaid.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really sucks that one foul in 14 seconds has ruined what is easily the real NBA finals.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Spurs organization had any class and truly regretted Horry's actions and all that transpired as a result, they should sit Duncan and another player out in Game 5. Then maybe they would get some respect. If they truly wish they did not gain an unfair advantage as a result of a dirty play, they have the power to even out the odds.

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
The Suns need a Randy Quaid moment like in the movie, Independence Day. I loved it when Randy took out that mother ship. Maybe Pat Burke can play Randy Quaid.
Nicely done - squeezing an Independence Day reference into this mess. Bravo! (LOL)

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
If the Spurs organization had any class and truly regretted Horry's actions and all that transpired as a result, they should sit Duncan and another player out in Game 5. Then maybe they would get some respect. If they truly wish they did not gain an unfair advantage as a result of a dirty play, they have the power to even out the odds.

Yeah that will never happen, and I don't blame the Spurs. They get a chance to benefit from a bad call. It's up to them to take advantage of it.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Classy post.

This is what disturbs me the most...

This series had a chance (and possibly still does) of being a classic. We didn't need the NBA to issue a black and white ruling that robs EVERYONE involved.

You're right, the Spurs will have another asterisk to go along with the title they won in the lock-out shortened year.

Sane, forward-thinking persons would have come to the conclusion that there really was no harm/no foul. I don't even give a crap if Bob Horry got suspended or not. In due time, karma will be a bitch for him.

If the Suns win tomorrow and it goes to a game 7, the series will still be a classic.

mr_sunshine

Veteran
Reaction score
The classiness is appreciated. It's sad to see such a good series potentially go down the drain like this. I mean even if the Suns do win tomorrow, how much will they have left in the tank for Game 6 and 7? Imagine how many minutes Nash, Barbosa, Bell, Thomas, and Marion will have to play. God forbid someone gets in foul trouble they may have to put in *shudder* Marcus Banks. Seriously, you'd think the league would realize the implications that these suspensions would have on the WHOLE series and not be so short-sighted and foolish with their decision.

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
Now if the Suns win tomorrow and the next game, Spurs fans will cry foul at the fact that we didn't have a full bench. If the Spurs win tomorrow...well it's obvious. The end result is an asterisk attached to the result.

classy post...blah blah blah... what?!?!

did i read this right? if the spurs lose tomorrow, THEY'LL cry foul? excuse me??? i'm sorry but that is utter nonsense.

the worst part for me? not only have i lost all possible respect for the spurs (ESPECIALLY after Pop's comment about the Horry hit), but i am no longer that big of an nba fan. its turned into a beaurocracy somewhere along the way. the league is cutting off its dick to spite its face, and if they're doing that, then i want no part of it.

tmtcsc

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm a Spurs fan too but I'm not going to go so far as to say that what Horry did was embarrasing. He fouled Steve Nash and the refs thought it was a flagrant 2. So be it. He got tossed and that's that.

As for the suspensions, I think they suck. No real Spurs fan wants to see people benched for a game, much less two of them.

Game 5 is not a fore gone conclusion. We are notorious for playing like sh*t against wounded teams. If we dont' win tomorrow, we don't derserve to move on to the next round.

What a mess.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had our share of trolls, but MAN, we've had a larger share of classy Spurs fans. :thumbup: I can't recall a SINGLE Mavs fan that showed any class.

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
did i read this right? if the spurs lose tomorrow, THEY'LL cry foul? excuse me??? i'm sorry but that is utter nonsense.

I had to read that a few times myself. I don't get that logic. I thought the Spurs only cried about not committing a foul.

OP
OP
S

suckerpunch

Reaction score
classy post...blah blah blah... what?!?!

the worst part for me? not only have i lost all possible respect for the spurs (ESPECIALLY after Pop's comment about the Horry hit), but i am no longer that big of an nba fan. its turned into a beaurocracy somewhere along the way. the league is cutting off its dick to spite its face, and if they're doing that, then i want no part of it.

Yes. I agree that losing Robert Horry is no comparison to losing Amare and Boris in game 5. My point was that both teams are not at full strength and the fans lose out on a great series.

OP
OP
S

suckerpunch

Reaction score
I'm a Spurs fan too but I'm not going to go so far as to say that what Horry did was embarrasing. He fouled Steve Nash and the refs thought it was a flagrant 2. So be it. He got tossed and that's that.

As for the suspensions, I think they suck. No real Spurs fan wants to see people benched for a game, much less two of them.

Game 5 is not a fore gone conclusion. We are notorious for playing like sh*t against wounded teams. If we dont' win tomorrow, we don't derserve to move on to the next round.

What a mess.

Many fans on a San Antonio radio show felt that way. One woman said that she let her kids stay up late to watch the game because she feels the Spurs set a good example of team play and sportsmanship. She felt embarassed and disgusted. As do I. It tarnishes that image. What Horry did was uncalled for. It was more than a hard foul. His arm did extend out. Nash may have sold the call a bit after hitting the ground, but the initial hit wasn't necessary.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

What a mess.

You know there is a difference between a flagrant foul and taking someone out with the hopes of injury. Don't give me the crap that wasn't the case. I used to have a huge amount of respect for SA. Cheered them against Dallas last year. Based on the dirty incidents over the current series with the SUNS, I will never watch another game which has SA pitted against anyone besides the SUNS much less cheer them on.

As a fan you shouldn't tolerate such pathetic basketball.

I would boycott the SUNS if they displayed such behavior.

Your playoff run is forever tainted as is your team.

These comments have nothing to do with Amare or Diaw. What they did is wrong and they knew better and I accept that. What your players do is pathetic and now you have to live with it.

MisterWhodat

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If the situation was reversed, and it was Duncan suspended for breaking a rule that every NBA player knows about and every NBA player knows is enforced this way, there is no way that the Suns would do the "classy thing" and sit Stoudamire.

Everything else aside, Stoudamire should also be on the All NBA first Team of ********, I mean the **** he was slinging at the post game..."I was uhh going to check in...uhmm, yeah thats the ticket." Give me a break.

Ok, looking forward to a great game 5...no matter the outcome I still think this is the series that leads to the Championship this year. So either way lets just hope for a well executed game 5...6, hell lets throw in a game 7 to make thing even more interesting.

Good luck!