Toler?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What did the injury look like? They didn't show any replays in the stadium.

I was terrified because the guys were all kneeling around him and as soon as it happened Haggans and Dockett were waving the trainers over like madmen. He was on the ground for a while.

Then he walked off on his own so it really didn't seem that bad. I see that they said it was a "sprain."

Just curious what happened, I cant find any video of it.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It didn't look like anything at all. It was not tweaked or fallen on. His leg was straight up and down with almost no contact and all of a sudden he just collapsed. One of the weirdest freak ones I have seen for sure.

Craig620 Craig Grialou
by cardsontheair
Toler, "We're going to pray for a light sprain of my ACL." He'll undergo an MRI Sunday morning.

OP
OP
Bert

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Thx Shane! Sure hope it's just a sprain. Positive MoJo!

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Let me add this: It was a non contact knee injury where his knee just kind off gave way. To me thats a concern, so lets hope all is well.

Black T

Reaction score
Thats what the cards get for being shallow at CB

PP has to be a starter now, which is awesome, but I was never a huge Toler fan in the first place. He gets the job done, but I want a playermaker.

Personally, I wanted to go after Jonathan Joseph this FA. seemed everyones attention was on Nnamdi when JJ has performed equally as good. Guys a stud elite CB. Sadly, the Texans were aware of his awesomeness and offered him the key to the city.

I was just thinking maybe we couldve backdoored a deal with him before the big money started rolling. He wouldve commanded a huge contract, but he wouldve been worth it.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

PP has to be a starter now, which is awesome, but I was never a huge Toler fan in the first place. He gets the job done, but I want a playermaker.

Personally, I wanted to go after Jonathan Joseph this FA. seemed everyones attention was on Nnamdi when JJ has performed equally as good. Guys a stud elite CB. Sadly, the Texans were aware of his awesomeness and offered him the key to the city.

I was just thinking maybe we couldve backdoored a deal with him before the big money started rolling. He wouldve commanded a huge contract, but he wouldve been worth it.

Exactly who are you a fan of? Some people just love misery...

:maninground:

RedRob

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I'm guessing MCL

In the past where you see a straight leg pop it tends to be MCL or meniscus (versus dreaded ACL). There was no twist just a plant on a straight leg...if you've done it you know it hurts like hell. Short term injury (I hope).

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the past where you see a straight leg pop it tends to be MCL or meniscus (versus dreaded ACL). There was no twist just a plant on a straight leg...if you've done it you know it hurts like hell. Short term injury (I hope).

The radio report at end of broadcast was a sprain, nothing more.

Last edited:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Let me add this: It was a non contact knee injury where his knee just kind off gave way. To me thats a concern, so lets hope all is well.

Yep it seems most ACL injuries are non contact so let's hope this isn't one of them.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

First off, the term is know as "Thin", not "Shallow". Second, we are talking about the 3rd/4th CB having a sprained knee. Jefferson and Peterson will be week 1 starters with Marshall and Toler fighting for the 3rd spot. Last season, Adams was our 3rd CB, but now he is the 5th. That is what you call building dept at a position, not being "Shallow".

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
Only a MRI will tell

I had a non contact acl tear. After the pain subsided in five minutes or so, I walked off the field and even considered going back in. Even an orthopedist examined and thought torn meniscus.

Impossible to tell. Let's hope for the best.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Bob Kemp is on Chuck and Vince right now. He said he is expecting an update any minute, but expects bad news.

He said Toler was on crutches after the game "and had a hard time leaving the locker room."

Kemp said he is expecting the worse and hoping for the best. FWIW

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
it was a sprain. Any full tear can be told in 4 seconds by the Doc. He just pushed up on the foot and you can feel each tendon in the knee.

Toler will be back soon

ugh....I was so wrong!!! :faceplant:

Last edited:

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Torn ACL, out for the season.
Per everyone's tweets

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads