Tony Parker = Jackass

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He's out for the foreseeable future with various injuries.

So why the hell did he play the all-star game? Goran was already in New Orleans, he couldn't have given up his spot?

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Sucks for Goran because he was due a ($1,000,000?) bonus if he made the all-star team. He absolutely should have this season. And over Parker. Better numbers and leading one of the biggest surprises in recent years. WITHOUT Bledsoe.

If the Suns want some good PR they should give him the bonus anyway. Although I'm guessing there's a legal reason why they cannot.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He should have to surrender the $ as a jackass fee.

Why? He made the team, end of story in my book. His sponsors want his resume to include All Star and they want his face and name to be as prevalent as possible during the NBA's showcase weekend. He owes it to them in fact and walking away from it costs them exposure and in the end it would cost him money. Dragic deserved to make the team but Parker did nothing wrong.

The problem with all this is the method of selection in the first place. This idea that fans decide the starting roster is absurd, most fans never vote. The entire team should be decided by NBA personnel (a committee of scouts, coaches, management, refs and players) with the Commissioner overseeing the process. That way, if one Eastern voter left Lebron off his ballot for example, Silver would have more than enough evidence to rule that voter incompetent and disallow his entry. It needs to showcase the talent in the league and it really falls short of that mark far too often. The true fans, the ones that actually watch the games, want to see the best players.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I don't think he is a jackass for playing hurt in the all-star game.

I think he is a jackass for :

1. Sexting with a teammate's wife while being married to Eva Langoria.
2. Faking injuries in game., especially when he crumpled to the floor after his head collided with Nash's nose.
3. Posing for photos making an anti-semitic gesture.
4. He has a terrible hiphop album. See; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ9lszhP10
5. He got hurt in a nightclub brawl involving Chris Brown and Drake, then sued the nightclub where it happened.

Catlover

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

2. Faking injuries in game., especially when he crumpled to the floor after his head collided with Nash's nose.
4. He has a terrible hiphop album. See; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzQ9lszhP10
5. He got hurt in a nightclub brawl involving Chris Brown and Drake, then sued the nightclub where it happened.

I agree with all of this except for being neutral on number 4 and 5. Four has no meaning to me as I feel that way about all hiphop albums. I lack the ability to distinguish between the good ones and the bad ones and number five falls by the wayside because I know nothing about his nightclub incident.

For me, beyond being a Spur, I mostly can't stand him because he often has an arrogant smirk that starts all my internal alarms ringing. I've yet to meet a person with that smirk that matches up to my very wide definition of decent person. Maybe he'd be the first but I tend to listen when the warning bells go off. In a weak effort to provide balance to my opinion I will acknowledge that he usually says the right things when interviewed.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
His resume would have included being selected for the ASG regardless of whether he plays or not.

Errntknght

Reaction score
What I didn't like about Parker playing was that it showed more loyalty to his sponsor than to his team. It says nothing good about his sponsor either, for that matter.

marios13

Rookie
Reaction score
Well if nothing else Dragic will be motivated to play even better next year :)

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score

6. He's French ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake