Too bad we don't have more players posting here :(

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
After hearing about the Kasper "problem" and hearing how it would be rediculous for him to post on our website... I thought to myself why don't more players post on here?!

Curt Schilling posted on the baseball forum and I'm sorry football players but he's probably more famous than all the Cardinals players combined! (more fan mail, name recognition) He was great, talking about the game and what he was thinking. That was the best thing I think ever happened to this site. Wish there was more players like that around :( Hearing that they can't post on here to me is kind of a bunch of bull...

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
It's simple really. For every player on the team besides the "Superstars" there are about 1/3rd of the fans that love him, 1/3 that don't care, and 1/3 who hate them. Usually the people who hate a player will talk crap about that player. Now imagine if that player were to post ANYTHING on the site. The 1/3 who hate would be all over them like they were on Walter with the personal attacks. I am pretty sure that the professional players have better things to do than to hear how it should be done, told to him by fans who have never played the game at the NFL level and really have no clue what it is really like.

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well Schilling had a good time on here...but yeah you're right it's harder to complain about him...he has a better career than anybody on the Cardinals so it's hard for anybody to rip on him. But for players to think they are too good to post on here, I'd like for them to compare their carreers to Curt who found the time to post.

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
I think that the football players are too busy playing X box or Madden 2004! Curt is an rare-ity with his postings.

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Why should a player even think about coming to this board? have you even read any of the posts lately? It has devolved into a name calling insult throwing board. What ever happened to "Attack the Idea, Not the Person"? Why would a player trying to stay on a team, with all the time constraints he is under, take the time out to come to this board when he can see that most of the posts are abusive tward palyers? Why should they feel obligated to come here and be abused?

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yeah he was great :( He'd talk about which fields were better and what he looked for in a game. He was probably also the most prepared players too and always did a lot of research getting ready for games. He was also the richest player too (except for Johnson) His star power was amazingly high compared to the Cards players. If he can do it I say anybody can :thumbup:

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
Of course it is easy for the Star to come on this board, Quan would get nothin but love. But anyone else would get hammered on for everything they did or didn't do, real or fake, in the eyes of the fans on the board..

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
I think that the football players are too busy playing X box or Madden 2004! Curt is an rare-ity with his postings.
Curt is married...with children.
If you were 23, had a few million in the bank, all the broads you ever wanted AND X-Box...would even bother posting on a message board??? :cool:

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Well some of the players are married with children... Hmmm well I am close to 24 and a XBOX, I got that part down :(

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
HIX said:
Of course it is easy for the Star to come on this board, Quan would get nothin but love. But anyone else would get hammered on for everything they did or didn't do, real or fake, in the eyes of the fans on the board..

Ok I'll settle for Q :thumbup: Damn we need more stars :( Just hearing how Kasper doesn't have time for us and that's why he needs a publicist is kind of funny thought... Curt vs Kasper hmmmm.... Oops I think I just made your point :)

lrk27

Veteran
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
Curt Schilling posted on the baseball forum and I'm sorry football players but he's probably more famous than all the Cardinals players combined! (more fan mail, name recognition)

Seriously, who's ever heard of Emmitt Smith other than Cardinal fans?

OP
OP
C

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
ok yeah, I was thinking more of people doing stuff in the here and now... but Emmitt Smith is definitely welcome!!! :thumbup: