Top 10 WR's

bleedblk&gld

Rookie
Reaction score
1. Randy Moss(Raiders) - Even if you don't want to accept it, Randy Moss is still the best physically talented receiver in today's game. His attitude in Minny wasn't something to be proud of, but with a change of scenery he might come around. I like the connection of Randy Moss and Kerry Collins it's something to look forward to. Pro Bowl

2. Marvin Harrison(Colts) - With a QB like P. Manning almost any receiver could have been a Marvin Harrison........or not. His numbers may have gone down, but his sticky fingers are still there. With R. Wayne and B. Stokely showing their skills last year, i think ol Marvin might be in for some competition at starter.........Naaaaah, he's still the best possession receiver in the game today. Pro Bowl

3. Torry Holt(Rams) – Talk about a go to guy, if you need a big play make sure T. Holt’s in the mix. With I. Bruce showing signs of age, T. Holt is showing signs of becoming an HOFer, if not already considered a HOFer. Even though his numbers declined in 2004 from 2003, doesn’t mean he isn’t considered one of the biggest threats today. Pro Bowl

4. Terrell Owens(Eagles) – As much as I hate to even list him on here he’s still one of the best today. His attitude is a problem on an off the field. He did put up the numbers last year and will continue to do so in the future, but being one of the cockiest players to ever play the game will not give him the respect he wants. Thanks to D. McNabb he’ll make the Pro Bowl.

5. Chad Johnson(Bengals) – C. Johnson is a huge threat when it comes to the deep game and with Palmer showing signs of breaking out, this duo might just light it up in 2005. C. Johnson will become a HOFer if the Bengals can continue to climb up the ladder, and if he stays healthy. Another Pro Bowl year for 7/11.

6. Andre Johnson(Texans) – This year should be another good one for AJ, and if Carr and Davis keep progressing like they are expect this team to be lethal. If the Texans can beef up their line and give Carr the time of day, AJ will make defenses pay. If you throw the ball anywhere within a 8 foot radius of this kid, he’ll get it. Pro Bowl

7. Jevon Walker(Packers) – You need a TD?? Throw it to Jevon. I think this kid here will be at #1 on my list someday and with Favre being his career starting QB, he’ll make any QB into a good one. I can’t describe how good this kid is, his ability to get open is amazing and even when guarded he’ll make any catch. I expect a lot from this kid in the future. Pro Bowl

8. Hines Ward(Steelers) – Talk about a tough receiver, Ward will get the extra yards if you let him. Not only that he’s a great team player as well. With Burress gone and Rothlisberger getting better, I don’t see why he wouldn’t increase his numbers this year. Expect another 2002 season from this guy.

9. Drew Bennett(Titans) – This big lanky receiver showed undeniable skills with the struggling Titans and that was without their star QB McNair. If McNair is healthy, expect Bennett to be in the 90+ region in receptions. I know a lot of you will disagree with this, but I think this guy has great potential.

10. Joe Horn(Saints) – Joe had the same response last year as Curtis Martin. TOO OLD. But he proved himself once more to be an elite WR. His small size doesn’t slow him down, his ability to catch anything thrown to him is the only reason Brooks still has a job. Expect another good year out of Joe, it might be his last though. Pro Bowl

Runners up: M. Muhammad, D. Mason and L. Coles

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
Nice list.

What's funny is to look at it and realize how many head cases are in the "glamor" position.

Moss, Owens, Horn, C Johnson, Walker. Interesting.

The fact that Quan isn't on there......not even as a runner up....

Punch yourself.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

bleedblk&gld

Rookie
Reaction score
Anquan is a beast of a receiver, and with Warner at QB i don't doubt he'll be back in the top 10, but as of now he still has to prove his injury won't affect him.

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I would take Harrison over Moss in a minute. Harrison is a team player. Only reason he is not known as well is he is not constantly flapping his gums like Moss. With Moss its all about him not the team. Apparently MN was tired of his act. Jeff George was a hell of a physical QB. Nobody wanted him because he was such a detriment to the team.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
Quan will be a top 10 reciever this year. He should be on that list.

Bennett over Quan. Just based on FF I would draft Q way before him. If I was a GM the same. Q missed like 8 games last year and still got 700+ yards and two 100 yard games. He will be a freak this year.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Hines should be higher than #8 come on now.

I agree, Ward is definately top 4, if not higher, the man is great at everything he does.

No QUAN!!!! :)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
I would take Harrison over Moss in a minute. Harrison is a team player. Only reason he is not known as well is he is not constantly flapping his gums like Moss. With Moss its all about him not the team. Apparently MN was tired of his act. Jeff George was a hell of a physical QB. Nobody wanted him because he was such a detriment to the team.

Do you know anything about Marvin Harrison at all? He's as big a complainer and as much of a selfish player as Randy Moss, it's just that Marvin hides it from the cameras.

When the #2 WR in Indy was blowing up, Harrison started sulking and complaining about "not knowing what my role is anymore" and begging for catches.

Marvin Harrison is a huge baby, it's just that Randy is up front about what he wants, and Harrison puts on a show.

I've been saying that Andre Johnson was a better WR than Anquan Boldin for two years. Glad to see that some are coming around on it.

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
I've been saying that Andre Johnson was a better WR than Anquan Boldin for two years. Glad to see that some are coming around on it.

Yeah, your in great company on that one.

:rolleyes:

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Do you know anything about Marvin Harrison at all? He's as big a complainer and as much of a selfish player as Randy Moss, it's just that Marvin hides it from the cameras.

When the #2 WR in Indy was blowing up, Harrison started sulking and complaining about "not knowing what my role is anymore" and begging for catches.

Marvin Harrison is a huge baby, it's just that Randy is up front about what he wants, and Harrison puts on a show.

Remember when he strangled that kid for asking him for an autograph?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
1. Moss - nuff said
2. Harrison - nuff said
3. H.Ward - All you gotta do is watch him play, once. He is an amazing player.
4. T.Owens - and this is him going 1/2 @ss. Imagine if he grew a brain, stopped acting like a 2 year old, and focused.
5. T.Holt - he gets this with the slightest of edges.
6. C.Johnson - I didn't have the B's to put him at #2 where he belongs. He is the best natural receiver I have ever seen. He catches balls thrown to him he has NO business ever getting close to.
7. A.Boldin - Ugh. It gets to a point where you get tired of saying it. Bash him if you may, but prepare to play the fool. The guy is gonna go super nova.
8. A.Johnson - His hands improved a lot this year, and if they keep getting better he will be the next Randy Moss. He jump higher than anyone, is faster than anyone, can break tackles, but his hands are not as good as many on the list.
9. M.Mohammed - I take this is TOP 10 for 2005. So he with out a doubt makes the list. Just try and stop him.....you can't. I have no idea how he does it, so I can't really say much about him.
10. J.Walker - him with about 3 other guy you can interchange here.
:thumbup:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Code:
Name	Games	Rec.	Yards	Yd/Rec.	TD	Drops
Boldin	26	157	2000	12.7	9	13
Andre	32	145	2118	14.6	10	14

If Boldin wasnt gone for half the season he would on that list.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Ease off boys. I have discussed this with K9 a lot. This is a remains to be seen deal. Both are good, but who is going to be great.

Plus Johnson had a HUGE year this year, and put on a show in Texans. With Quan it is all about 2005.

Peace
:thumbup:

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

I know enough about group behavior to know that it is a BIG DEAL to keep disputes in house and not go public (in front of cameras) with them. Any player that knows it is better to keep disputes inhouse is a better influence on the team than one that crys to the media. Look what it got Owens. No new contract for that reason alone. I do know this. There has been far more media coverage of Moss whining and his behavior problems than Harrison has received. How about Moss's stupid statement after he was fined for tasteless display at that Packer game. His excuse was well the fans do it too. He is supposed to be a professional where as fans are not. Moss invites all the negative coverage. Remember Moss running over the meter maid? Moss is an inmature child who needs to grow up. He wont be any less of a disrupting influence in OAK than he was in MN. Zebras dont change their stripes.

If he is so valuable why does MN feel like they dont need, who you call, the best WR in football? There is obviously something about him, like Jeff George, that makes teams not want him. When a player makes the owner feel like he has to make a choice between a player and a head coach it tells me that player has spoken or behaved in a unacceptable manner. Telling by action or word the owner who you will or will not accept as your head coach is the height of selfishness and disloyalty. How would you react if a Cardinal player put Bidwill in the same place regarding Green? I also dont recall a lot of interest in Moss when word was out he was on the trading block.

Also why question my knowledge with the sarcastic statement about me knowing anything about Harrison? I dont personalize my posts by questioning your knowledge. Please dont question mine.

Last edited:

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
Also why question my knowledge with the sarcastic statement about me knowing anything about Harrison? I dont personalize my posts by questioning your knowledge. Please dont question mine.

K9 is always sarcastic. I don't know if he even realizes it.

Not defending him, just providing insight. It's why I don't respond to most of his posts. He seems to be knowledgeable but seems to lack the capacity to reply without getting personal.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BigRedMO said:
If he is so valuable why does MN feel like they dont need, who you call, the best WR in football?

are you intimating that Moss ISN'T the best WR in football?

Quan shouldn't be anywhere near that top 10 list going into the season. He had a marvelous rookie year and then was injured his 2nd year and provided little impact when he returned (although that could be attributed partially to both recovery and Josh McCown) but it still doesn't change the fact that he wasn't that impactful last year. All the guys in that list (besides Bennett, who shouldn't be there either) have distinguished themselves over the years as more than one shot wonders(which is really all Q is at this point).

BigRedMO

Registered
Reaction score
I never said Boldin is the best WR. I said Harrison is better than Moss. My reason for that statement is the disruptive influence Moss has on his team.

Last edited:

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
1. Moss
2. TO
3. Harrison
4. T. Holt
5. Chad Johnson
6. Joe Horn

You could make a case that TO and Harrison are a tie for number 2 and Chad Johnson and Joe Horn are a tie for 5th. Look at Joe Horn's numbers, he's one of the most consistent WRs in the league. Always under the radar and always a fantasy monster.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Nice list.

What's funny is to look at it and realize how many head cases are in the "glamor" position.

Punch yourself.

chad johnson and walker aren't headcases. just b/c chad johnson likes attention doesn't make him a headcase. he's supposed to be the most dedicated team member on the bengals. spends more time in the film room than any other player. and just b/c walker wants to renegotiate a deal doesn't make him a headcase. he's never said a bad thing. ridiculous.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Nice list.

Punch yourself.

btw, until 'quan has a follow up season, he doesn't deserve runner-up status.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
HarleyRider said:
Yeah, your in great company on that one.

:rolleyes:

k9 is totally right. aj has a greater upside. it's just taken him a bit longer (and not much) to put it together at the next level. he's huge (bigger than 'quan), physical (so 'quan and he share that trait), and he'll leave 'quan choking in his dust (just a speed fact). in the long run 'quan may be great, but it's HIGHLY likely that aj will continue to outpace him.