Top Chef

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Anyone watching? If all y'all that like Hells Kitchen would give this show a shot, you'd see how much better it is. They actually have real cooks on the show, and the talent is actually there.

Im addicted.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching? If all y'all that like Hells Kitchen would give this show a shot, you'd see how much better it is. They actually have real cooks on the show, and the talent is actually there.

Im addicted.

Interested--channel, day, time, please? :)

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I watched this last night, tivo was recording it on the other tuner and I so my wife and I gave it a shot. Twas ok, but I don't think I'll set a season pass or anything.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
saw a bit of it today, with the whole, make food out of stuff in vending machines.

impressive.

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Its on Bravo. Wednesday nights at 10pm. Funny story, I went into the restaurant i sous cheffed at for a year and my buddy working there comes up to me and says "the guy over in the corner says he knows you from Craft (another place I cooked). I think he's in Linkin Park." Weird I think, though in high school in Phx, I used to date Chester Bennington's older sister, and oddly enough, my now wife used to date Chester. So I look over and its not a dude from Linkin Park. Its actually one of the cotestants on Top Chef, Ilan, who I cooked with a couple yeasr ago. I went and had an excellent late lunch at his restaurant immediately after seeing him and cant recommend the restaurant enough. If you're ever in NYC and want to indulge in some spanish tapas style dining, check out Casa Mono.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watched the marathon they had over Thanksgiving, and caught the new one last night. Great show. My top 3 are Sam, Clif & Ilan. So glad Frank is gone...such a jerk.

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Franks a bit too high on himself, but he's no jerk. He's spot on. Michael's a total hack. He had NO reason being involved in this show. He's a personality, and thats the only reason he got put on. He hasnt shown a single shred of talent for cooking at a high level since the show begam. I grow very weary of him, and of the black lady. I think Elia is coming into her own and has a real shot at it. Ilan as well, though he's done more to not lose than to win lately. Sam is still way up there, too.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Franks a bit too high on himself, but he's no jerk. He's spot on. Michael's a total hack. He had NO reason being involved in this show. He's a personality, and thats the only reason he got put on. He hasnt shown a single shred of talent for cooking at a high level since the show begam. I grow very weary of him, and of the black lady. I think Elia is coming into her own and has a real shot at it. Ilan as well, though he's done more to not lose than to win lately. Sam is still way up there, too.

He's a jerk for "if you ever touch any of my stuff again, I'll beat you so bad your mother won't recognize you". That was just pathetic. I would have laughed in his face, right there. Marcel is a pain, but in that instance, he didn't do anything wrong.

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's a jerk for "if you ever touch any of my stuff again, I'll beat you so bad your mother won't recognize you". That was just pathetic. I would have laughed in his face, right there. Marcel is a pain, but in that instance, he didn't do anything wrong.

Heh. Thats right, I forgot about that. What a douche. And marcel didnt even disrespect the stuff. Its funny how someone else got him fired up for it too. I didnt care for him, but he was dead on in his assessment of Michael though.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Heh. Thats right, I forgot about that. What a douche. And marcel didnt even disrespect the stuff. Its funny how someone else got him fired up for it too. I didnt care for him, but he was dead on in his assessment of Michael though.

absolutely. I like Michael--just as an entertaining guy to watch, but I agree he has no business being on there.

krispydude

\_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_ \_
Reaction score
sam or elia definitely gonna win. micheal could prolly do good if he wasnt so lazy. betty is a hack.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I almost don't even care to watch the final
Sam was so hot...I can't believe he's gone...

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Come on.
Sam totally **** the bed on the last challenge. He really played it safe, and it cost him. Ilan is a hell of a cook ( but Im biased, Ive eaten his cockles and fideos before) and for as douchy as Marcel is, he finally got a chance to use all his pretentious molecular gastronomy crap and he pulled it off. I wanted Elia to step up, but she didnt live up to the challenge.
If the finals were decided on by viewing the entire seasons body of work, you all might be able to call shenanigans, but it wasnt. It was based on last weeks single performance, and its hard to argue with the judges decisions in that context.

Last edited:

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Come on.
Sam totally **** the bed on the last challenge. He really played it safe, and it cost him. Ilan is a hell of a cook ( but Im biased, Ive eaten his cockles and fideos before) and for as douchy as Marcel is, he finally got a chance to use all his pretentious molecular gastronomy crap and he pulled it off. I wanted Elia to step up, but she didnt live up to the challenge.
If the finals were decided on by viewing the entire seasons body of work, you all might be able to call shenanigans, but it wasnt. It was based on last weeks single performance, and its hard to argue with the judges decisions in that context.

i see your point, sort of. i guess the predictability of ilan and his spanish style made me biased against him. also, i have a hard time separating the people on a case by case basis. sam was clearly the best through the whole thing even though he didn't wow anyone with the last one. i know that's not how it works, though. also
if marcel hadn't made that stupid salad, he would have won.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone watching Season 3 (?) Miami?

There have only been 3 eps, so we caught them last night. Cool show.

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Anyone watching Season 3 (?) Miami?

There have only been 3 eps, so we caught them last night. Cool show.

i'm watching. i love this show. glad micah's gone, she was an ass. also, not surprised this guy got voted off first:

You must be registered for see images

i was sad to see the mohawk chick go, though. she was the only one who seemed like a decent person.

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ugh, thhat poor backwoods ****. What a back story, to boot. The guys dad was a chef and offed himself, and now he's the first booted off? Brutal.

Micah was classic caterer. Talented but too weird to make it in a high pressure cooking situation as catering is not. I know. Im currently catering because I had enough of the nasty ass professional kitchen thing for a bit...

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one watching this? I hated the previous seasons, but I am now hooked.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one watching this? I hated the previous seasons, but I am now hooked.
Of course...the season I stopped watching...lol.

I think I caught up on some of this season in a marathon a few weeks ago, but haven't seen it since. I should check my dvr in my bedroom; I think I set it up to record it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course...the season I stopped watching...lol.

I think I caught up on some of this season in a marathon a few weeks ago, but haven't seen it since. I should check my dvr in my bedroom; I think I set it up to record it.
Pretty good. This season also includes a male chef saying "yay, lesbians."