Top Chef

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are more this season. But once you get past your hate for them, I think you will like it.

:)
lol...yeah, I have such a disdain for gays...

have I told you my daughter is a lesbian?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
One strange thing about the show is the problem the chefs have seasoning the food. How can you be a chef and not know how to tell if something needs salt or something?

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
lol...yeah, I have such a disdain for gays...

have I told you my daughter is a lesbian?

Please, elaborate. ;)

Also, this is one of my favorite shows. It is painfully obvious who the best chef on the show is, making it tough to gauge all the others. You can tell who sucks, in comparison, but the middle of the pack folks are all muddled up.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Please, elaborate. ;)

Also, this is one of my favorite shows. It is painfully obvious who the best chef on the show is, making it tough to gauge all the others. You can tell who sucks, in comparison, but the middle of the pack folks are all muddled up.
Stephanie's restaurant was seriously good. I emailed her and told her so recently.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Stephanie's restaurant was seriously good. I emailed her and told her so recently.

Where is it? Chicago? She has seemed to come up short in the past few episodes. I think she has had some bad luck as far as teammates and requirements.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Where is it? Chicago? She has seemed to come up short in the past few episodes. I think she has had some bad luck as far as teammates and requirements.
Yah, Chicago.I think she closed the restaurant to go on top chef. I heard through the grapevine, that she was running the whole thing by herself.

I agree with the teammate thing. I thought her asparagus dish looked tasty though.

I also can't believe the Aussie didn't get booted for the tailgate fiasco.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Yah, Chicago.I think she closed the restaurant to go on top chef. I heard through the grapevine, that she was running the whole thing by herself.

I agree with the teammate thing. I thought her asparagus dish looked tasty though.

I also can't believe the Aussie didn't get booted for the tailgate fiasco.

The tailgating one is the one I missed. I need to see it. I know who gets kicked off, I just want to see what happened. I need TiVO.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^BUMP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

It's back!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else watch this past weeks episode?? Two chefs booted off and my choice to take the title kicked some major butt!

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Watched the first episode. I cant remember thinking less of the talent pool since this show started. Not one stood out as a top flight chef in the first episode, though a couple contestants appear to be interesting (the guy from Hawaii for instance). This may be the season this whole celebrity chef thing jumps the shark.

On that note! I'm being interviewed for a BBC program called Market Kitchen next Monday. Itll be great. Ill be on my 15th straight day, having worked 9am to 11pm all of them. Im sure Itll be a bang up performance on my part!

http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/6136

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schutd, I liked the knife skill competition at the beginning. I also liked seeing JeanGeorge Vanwinklesnitzhel. His restaurant at Trumps in NYC is out of this world.

I will withhold judgment on the chefs competing.

But yeah, most celeb chefs are overrated if not named Batali.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On that note! I'm being interviewed for a BBC program called Market Kitchen next Monday. Itll be great. Ill be on my 15th straight day, having worked 9am to 11pm all of them. Im sure Itll be a bang up performance on my part!

http://uktv.co.uk/food/homepage/sid/6136
Good luck! I would say "knock 'em dead", but in your profession, that probably won't land you the job.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
How did everyone feel about this past weeks episode?

I cant believe how hard some of them have following directions in challenges

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jumped the shark this season. The ridiculous product placement. The BS about cooking healthy, so you cant use sugar, but heres a deep fryer and a can of diet Dr Pepper??? Terrible. Plus, this is hands down the worst talent pool. Hell, a 41 year old caterer from Jersey is yer most consistent cook right now. Speaks. Im in fo the rest of the season, but I sure aint happy about it.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jumped the shark this season. The ridiculous product placement. The BS about cooking healthy, so you cant use sugar, but heres a deep fryer and a can of diet Dr Pepper??? Terrible. Plus, this is hands down the worst talent pool. Hell, a 41 year old caterer from Jersey is yer most consistent cook right now. Speaks. Im in fo the rest of the season, but I sure aint happy about it.
Agree!!!! Agree!!! Agree!!! What is this the Food Network?

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If last nights dismissal didnt reek of "producer input" I don't know what does.
Boring jersey caterer sent packing so show can develop illicit affair of other twp team members???? Terrible.

This show is sucking this season, something awful.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't even think to watch this last night. I might have kicked the habit.

How you mess up a Top Chef in NEW YORK CITY?

Ugh.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If last nights dismissal didnt reek of "producer input" I don't know what does.
Boring jersey caterer sent packing so show can develop illicit affair of other twp team members???? Terrible.

This show is sucking this season, something awful.
Thank goodness, she would win making boring stuff, then follow it up with deviled eggs.

Enough of the mashed cauliflower lies. It will never be as good as mashed potatoes. EVER!

And if that Tattoed Jamie makes scallops one more time....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Enough of the mashed cauliflower lies. It will never be as good as mashed potatoes. EVER!
I love me some cauliflower. I mean, LOVE cauliflower. Just might be my favorite vegetable.

But NO WAY would it ever be as good as mashed potatoes. Not happenin'.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank goodness, she would win making boring stuff, then follow it up with deviled eggs.

And if that Tattoed Jamie makes scallops one more time....
I watched this last night. I take it all back. No way the dbags Hoser and Leah should have gotten away with that.

Jersey got gyped by the need for a reality show villian(s).

Boo!!1

It is a shame and a sin what those hack chefs did to those poor animals and their carcasses. Ugh.

OP
OP
schutd

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No doubt. When chicken wins against Pig and lamb???? Thats some effed up isht right there.