trade proposal

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Eric, did you watch Peja at all this season? He is so godawfully inconsistent it's not even funny. Why did they trade Webber and not Peja? Because Peja isn't worth Kenny Thomas, Brian Skinner and Corliss Williamson. That's pretty sad.

I like Peja, when he's on, he's really on. But you can say the same for Q--except that Q is a much better defender, rebounder and low-post player--and that's just Q, Marion is light years better in that regard.

Brian Skinner has no business starting on an NBA team. None.

you're crazy if you really think that webber had more value than peja. even in a down year everyone acknowledges that peja has more trade value than does webber.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Where's your evidence that he wouldn't? We're all just speculating, and apparently we have a disagreement on Stojakovic's value.

i think the vast majority would be on eric's end of the disagreement. chap, you're coo coo for cocopuffs.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Not that this is the end-all, but I have a good friend who is a fan of the Kings like we are fans for the Suns, and he repeatedly told me that Peja just wouldn't get them very much. For what it's worth, he also hoped that Peja would get traded this summer because of his inconsistency over the past couple years.

Hmm, well it's always interesting to hear what fans of other teams think, so that's good to know.

Still, Stojakovic's inconsistency "over the past couple years"? He was an MVP candidate the year before last ('03-'04), on amazing numbers. He put up one of the greatest shooting seasons in league history. Many on this board, at that time, felt that the Suns would be better off if Marion could be swapped for Stojakovic straight up, but that there was no way the Kings would agree to it (even if the salary issue could be worked out).

It sounds like your friend has either unrealistically high expectations for Stojakovic, or a short memory.

his friend must be froot loops.

cly2tw

Reaction score
I'd do the trade, no surprise to many. ;)

But I'd question why the Kings would? Who would be scoring pts for them after the trade? Who is gonna create for Marion on that team for him to be effective offensively? Which team would be so stupid to assess a player's value solely based on his performance on another team with completely different philosophy and personell, instead of imaging what this player would bring to the new team?

cly2tw

Reaction score
elindholm said:
Can you imagine Joe, Nash and Peja on the perimeter with Amare inside?

Yes. ;)

Yes, Yes, Yes! I am salivating right now just imagining this. :thumbup:

Seriously, if Amare becomes more of the point center he wants, we'd have uncontested 3s from three players able to hit over 45% from downtown, not to mention Peja did show he could hit it even well contested, which would be huge in playoffs.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cly2tw said:
Yes, Yes, Yes! I am salivating right now just imagining this. :thumbup:

Seriously, if Amare becomes more of the point center he wants, we'd have uncontested 3s from three players able to hit over 45% from downtown, not to mention Peja did show he could hit it even well contested, which would be huge in playoffs.

Peja is just as big of a playoff choker as Marion has been. Both may have had one or two good series, but neither one of them would be what I would say "dependable".

George O'Brien

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Peja isn't hitting, he's fairly useless. If Marion isn't hitting his shot, he is still pretty valuable. Marion is on a team where he gets to finish on the break, grab a few offensive rebounds, and take a shot when no one is guarding him. The Suns don't need another gunner, they've got a lot of guys who shoot.

OP
OP
elindholm

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The Suns don't need another gunner, they've got a lot of guys who shoot.

Actually they have only three players who shoot well from three-point range: Johnson, Nash, and Jackson. And of those three, only Johnson gets many attempts. Richardson and Marion made a lot of threes, but on low percentages.

Say what you want about Stojakovic's defensive liabilities -- which I'm not denying he has -- but I think it's beyond any reasonable dispute that he would improve the offense, especially if the Suns run things through Stoudemire next year.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
i think the vast majority would be on eric's end of the disagreement. chap, you're coo coo for cocopuffs.

Way to get personal. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

fordronken

Reaction score
Guys...you aren't gonna believe this, but my friend's cousin was just reading a Slavic NBA message board, and loosely translated, it comes to "I just heard on ESPN Radio that there's a trade on the table involving Marion, Skinner and Stojakovich."

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
fordronken said:
Guys...you aren't gonna believe this, but my friend's cousin was just reading a Slavic NBA message board, and loosely translated, it comes to "I just heard on ESPN Radio that there's a trade on the table involving Marion, Skinner and Stojakovich."

LOL... that's a good one. :)

Joe Mama

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Ouchie-Z-Clown said:
"coo coo for cocopuffs" = getting personal. you have too thin skin my friend. :)

That was just one of your posts, that didn't include the other ones, my friend. I don't care that you disagree, but there is no cause to get ridiculously personal about it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
That was just one of your posts, that didn't include the other ones, my friend. I don't care that you disagree, but there is no cause to get ridiculously personal about it.

chap, i only had one other post prior to the "coco puffs" post and that one was just saying that you're crazy if you think peja isn't worth more than webber. then there was one after the "coco puffs" post that joking said your friend was "froot loops." sorry to get so personal. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan