azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Chris Lewis
QB
Stanford
Rookie
6'3, 215

As a rookie at Stanford, you came in and played the hero -- are you someone who shakes off pressure rather easily?

I never have felt pressure. I’ve played quarterback my whole life and it has always been a fun sport to me. I didn’t even really think about the NFL until after my freshman year in college, so for me, it has always just been fun and no pressure.

Who was your favorite NFL player growing up?

I grew up loving the Niners so it was probably between Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

What happened to Stanford in the NCAA Final Four?

I don’t know. Oh man, our guys were real good but they just let it slip away. There is a lot of talent across the country so you have to bring your A game every time and I guess they just didn’t get it done.

Coach Green is a big supporter of Stanford and believes that guys there really know how to work hard. What is the cause for that?

I think it is the type of people they bring in to Stanford. The guys they recruit are guys who generally work hard in all aspects of their life, sports, academics and extracurricular activities.

You were an urban studies major? What do you plan on doing with that?

My major consisted of architecture and city planning and stuff like that. I would like to get into real estate or city development for a non-profit organization.

Where did you grow up at

Long Beach, California.

What made you decide then to go to Northern California for school?

My sister went to Stanford to play volleyball and I basically would have followed her anywhere. She was thinking about USC or Stanford and if she had gone to USC, I would have gone there too. I’ve always loved my sister to death and I’ve always walked right behind in her footsteps. We are about 18 months apart and just very close.

You played volleyball too right?

Yeah, all the way through high school. I just didn’t have time to play in college. I think it surprises a lot of people to hear that I played volleyball because California is really the only place where men play a lot of volleyball, and number two I’m black. They always ask me if I ever wear the little spandex shorts, but it is not really like that at all!

What do you miss the most about Cali?

Well, up here in camp, it is cool but in Phoenix, that heat gets you. I miss the beaches and breakfast burritos at Nick’s in Seal Beach.

Did you ever watch soap operas when you were growing up?

Oh yeah, my mom had me hooked on Days of Our Lives but they’ve killed all the good people off so it is not as good these days. They need to get back to the old guys.

What was the last book you read?

The Da Vinci Code. It is a very interesting book. It is part fictionally, but there are some true facts in there too. It gets you thinking. What Stanford does to you is make you analyze a lot of stuff in your life, and with this book, it makes your brain flow and you just start thinking about how religion was formed.

If you were stuck on a deserted island, who would you want to be stuck with?

A strong swimmer so they could get us off there.

If you could be anywhere doing anything, what would it be?

Just be right here. Life for me is just a whole bunch of different experiences. I am really happy with the situation that I am in. Being able to play the sport that I’ve been playing since I was 10 years old and that I love, it is just fun.

What is it like to be able to have targets like Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin to throw to?

That is a dream come true right there. It is confusing sometimes because you are looking right and you see Fitz, and you look left and see Quan, and you are like wow, which one? Take your pick basically, which is a really great situation to be in. They are super playmakers and I think when they finish their careers, they’ll be the top receivers in this league.

http://www.azcardinals.com/press/pressdetails.php?sid=2088