Trouble brewing already for Haley in KC.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised none of you have brought up Denny Green's first offseason as our head coach. He experienced something somewhat similar with some veterans including, most memorably, Pete Kendall. We all know how that turned out.

We'll see if Haley turns out to be another Whisenhunt or another Lane Kiffin.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Just because a person is 'the boss'/head coach/CEO or whatever, it doesn't mean you have to go around acting like an arrogant jerk. Sounds to me like Haley is a jerk.

The people I most respect are people like Arte Moreno who treats everyone in the organization respectfully, from the GM to the janitors to the fans.

That's all I'm saying.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of Haley's attitude.

It works in it's own way, but I never liked Parcells either.

If you are really good, you can reach players without resorting to this kind of tactic.

He could of simply said it's great to meet you, I wasn't expecting you and so I don't have a lot of time or a great answer for you right now.

My plans are to win, I hope you're with me in that, high five the guy and move on down the hallway.

That whole scenario is just the same old new sherrif stuff DG ran when he got here, it's tired and unecessary.

Whiz has my favorite way of handling it, he's not a jerk until he has to be then he does it, everyone knows it's comming if you're out of line but he dosen't start off that way.

Much better IMO.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Maybe I'm a little old school... If you want to know where the franchise is headed, you show up for meetings and camp and figure it out. The coach isn't paid to stroke egos, he's there to win football games. There is too much entitlement in sports now-a-days.

Imagine that, and when Denny Green did the same thing here to a locker room lawyer and told the team to put on a sweater if the bus was to cold he got scolded here by all of the armchair coaches. You have to send a message when a team is terminal and wins 2 games in a season. Thank god the guy got us talent before he was sent packing.

chickenhead

Reaction score
This is a tough call. I'd really need to know what Pioli said, exactly. If he did in fact have "no interest" in meeting with Waters, that is terrible management. If he couldn't meet with him and the source is just extrapolating "no interest," it's not as bad.

I definitely agree with Renz on Moreno. He makes an effort to make everyone feel secure--including the fans--but I don't think anyone doubts his authority or that he'll make the decisions he feels are necessary.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
DITTO That's like some mid-level manager in a company wanting to meet with the CEO to make sure their visions of the company's direction matched. LOL Waters is either an idiot or he's trying (unsuccessfully) to get canned so he can get a new contract.

Look at it this way, you're the new CEO of a company that is going down the toilet and your top salesman, who all the other salesmen look up to and has received about every major award available for salesmen, wants to know where the company is headed and maybe have some input and the CEO tells the top salesman to get lost.

My feeling is the CEO might find the top salesman working for the companys competitor the first chance the salesman gets.

I just don't see a guy like Whiz handling the situation this way.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Yep. Who do you think was bad-mouthing him at the Pro Bowl? Fitz actually thanked Haley for making him a better player, and Warner is too classy to bad mouth anyone. So, by process of elimination ...
Sean Morey?

:D