UDFA Signing Tracker

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Local (South Florida) newspaper article reports, LaRon Byrd WR U of Miami was signed UDFA & Jacory Harris QB of U of Miami will be given a tryout. Don't know if that constitutes FA pick up or just a plane ticket.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Local (South Florida) newspaper article reports, LaRon Byrd WR U of Miami was signed UDFA & Jacory Harris QB of U of Miami will be given a tryout. Don't know if that constitutes FA pick up or just a plane ticket.

It's not a FA pick up, just a try out. He won't count against the roster unless he signs a contract.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It's not a FA pick up, just a try out. He won't count against the roster unless he signs a contract.

With the expanded off season roster there are going to be a lot of kids going to training camps this season. Once again about 320 extra college players get a taste of the NFL.

Somewhere around 1,500 of the guys in NFL training camps won't make opening day rosters.

The Turk is going to be busy again this year.

Question: What do teams have to pay rookie UDFA as opposed to veteran UFA's if they put them on the 90? I guess teams can't go sign a bunch of veteran UFA's for training camp as easily as they can rookies.

Last edited:

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
With the expanded off season roster there are going to be a lot of kids going to training camps this season. Once again about 320 extra college players get a taste of the NFL.

Somewhere around 1,500 of the guys in NFL training camps won't make opening day rosters.

The Turk is going to be busy again this year.

Question: What do teams have to pay rookie UDFA as opposed to veteran UFA's if they put them on the 90? I guess teams can't go sign a bunch of veteran UFA's for training camp as easily as they can rookies.

I'm going off my failing memory here but it's just the signing bonus and then league minimum if they actually make the final 53.

Signing bonuses range from $10 to 20k typically.

I forget what they get if they are signed to the PS. About 1/2 the league min???

Joeshmo can clean up any errors or changes.

TJ

Reaction score

If they make the opening day roster, it is $375k for the first year with a modest signing bonus, roughly $5k.

They keep their signing bonus if cut.

TJ

Reaction score
I'm going off my failing memory here but it's just the signing bonus and then league minimum if they actually make the final 53.

Signing bonuses range from $10 to 20k typically.

I forget what they get if they are signed to the PS. About 1/2 the league min???

Joeshmo can clean up any errors or changes.

The salary for PS players is roughly $6,000/month.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If they make the opening day roster, it is $375k for the first year with a modest signing bonus, roughly $5k.

They keep their signing bonus if cut.

Thanks, but I was wondering what they get paid just while they are in camp and what it takes to bring in a veteran UFA for training camp as opposed to a rookie UDFA.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thanks, but I was wondering what they get paid just while they are in camp and what it takes to bring in a veteran UFA for training camp as opposed to a rookie UDFA.

During training camp they only get their signing bonus. TJ says 5k as an average and IIRC I've heard about 10 to 20k. I defer to TJ on this.

TJ

Reaction score
During training camp they only get their signing bonus. TJ says 5k as an average and IIRC I've heard about 10 to 20k. I defer to TJ on this.

We're both right, Cardiac. Most UDFAs get $5k; however, the "big name" UDFAs can get upwards to $20k.

I would venture to guess this season, Kellen Moore got more than usual.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without getting specific, there were at least 3 UDFA's rumored to be coming here who have "off the field baggage" (no shows, suspensions, arrests etc.).

I guess the expanded roster allows for more wriggle room to take a risk or two.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We're both right, Cardiac. Most UDFAs get $5k; however, the "big name" UDFAs can get upwards to $20k.

I would venture to guess this season, Kellen Moore got more than usual.

:raccoon:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Without getting specific, there were at least 3 UDFA's rumored to be coming here who have "off the field baggage" (no shows, suspensions, arrests etc.).

I guess the expanded roster allows for more wriggle room to take a risk or two.
who are ??

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
who are ??
You had Finau - a heralded HS prospect who never showed up at Va Tech and the dude from St. Anselm whose police blotter bulletin (weed after a traffic stop - a day or 2 ago) - was posted on nfldraftscouts. Plus there was the WR from Temple who left school (but not for disciplinary reasons). Those are the only ones I can think of right now. There may have been one or two more.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You had Finau - a heralded HS prospect who never showed up at Va Tech and the dude from St. Anselm whose police blotter bulletin (weed after a traffic stop - a day or 2 ago) - was posted on nfldraftscouts. Plus there was the WR from Temple who left school (but not for disciplinary reasons). Those are the only ones I can think of right now. There may have been one or two more.
i think they didnt do nothing bad to not give a chance to show what they can bring

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
i think they didnt do nothing bad to not give a chance to show what they can bring
Absolutely - each, no doubt, had his own story and a set of challenges. I think the expanded roster makes it easier for teams to accept more risk than otherwise.

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
LaRon Byrd U of Miami is a Cardinal UDFA signing. Is an enigma. All the measurables, but pedestrian numbers.

LaRon Byrd - #2 - WR
Height: 6-3 7/8
Weight: 216
Speed: 4.54
Arm: 32 3/4
Hand: 9 7/8
Wingspan: 79 1/8
Birthdate: 08/18/1989
Hometown: Hahnville, LA
Grade: 5.05

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
LaRon Byrd U of Miami is an UDFA signing. Is an enigma. All the measurables, but pedestrian numbers.
Maybe it was the QBing or weak supporting offensive cast.

Maybe that's why they're bringing in Jacory (so they can work them out together).

Last edited:

Southpaw

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe it was the QBing or weak supporting offensive cast.

Maybe that's why they're bringing in Jacori (so they can work them out together).

2 HCs, 3 OCs, really bad QBs will hurt the production. Jacory needs to stay away from Arizona. He flat ass sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05