Unbelievable!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why the hell didn't we spike it?

leonard Davis blows it but if we spiked the ball we'd have 2 more plays.

I don't get it, Warner has been around too long to make that mistake I have to believe it was called from the sideline.

Damn unreal.

red desert

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Why the hell didn't we spike it?

leonard Davis blows it but if we spiked the ball we'd have 2 more plays.

I don't get it, Warner has been around too long to make that mistake I have to believe it was called from the sideline.

Damn unreal.

Hey Russ, have I mentioned to you that Green sucks?

studiovx

Registered
Reaction score
WTF can't this team keep it's head together inside the 20, no matter WHO coaches it, or what players are on it?!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ I can't believe that someone on the sidelines told him to do what he did.

Him shaking hands and hugging his former teamates after the game didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy either.

We should know soon enough, someone has to answer for that monkey coitus.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
WTF did Warner make a living off of? Exploiting defenses. Not his *^$&%$ing fault the Oline is a collaboration of crap. Spike it, you risk 2 holding penalties. BIG BLEW IT. They practice the hurry-up for a reason. I HATED Warner till today. Till I realized that the people payed to protect him are crap.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

Him shaking hands and hugging his former teamates after the game didn't make me feel all warm and fuzzy either.

I hope you're right, i'd much rather believe Warner had a brainfart than believe that someone on the sideline chose to run that play and not spike it.

I don't get it, we have Fitz and Q and we didn't throw one jump ball in the endzone today?

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What The Fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffudgeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Was That!??!?!

I Am So Pissed

Lars the Red

aka Thor, God of Thunder
Reaction score
Tired of so many things.

Is it just me or is it so many of the same issues?

-Stupid penalties killing momentum.
-Being held to a standard that no other team seems to have to follow from a rules standpoint. Even when we get a call, it's not the right one. (Delay of game as opposed to unsportsmanlike)
-Offensive lines that just don't ever step up when they can be the difference between a win and loss.
-Coaching decisions that just defy logic.

I'm still on board. I'm still a fan. But I really don't ever recall an organization that seems to continually make the same mistakes as habitually as we do.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

I agree that this couldn't have come from the sideline. Warner really screwed up but why wasn't he in the shotgun on the play he was sacked? That was almost as bad to me.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
PJ1 said:
I agree that this couldn't have come from the sideline. Warner really screwed up but why wasn't he in the shotgun on the play he was sacked? That was almost as bad to me.

We had a lot more screw ups than Warners if he in fact did screw the last play up. Our receivers Bolding and Fitz looked great. Two of our others dropped potential TD passes. Our offensive line has to be the worst in the NFL. Sadly you cannot draft an entire OL.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PJ1 said:

Wolfley said Wells was snapping in shotgun situations and Step in regulars, it may have been warner wanted to avoid confusion by having them switch so we could go shotgun? But I really WANT to blame the decision for no spike on Warner, if it came from Rowen or Green I'll barf up a lung.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Wolfley said Wells was snapping in shotgun situations and Step in regulars, it may have been warner wanted to avoid confusion by having them switch so we could go shotgun? But I really WANT to blame the decision for no spike on Warner, if it came from Rowen or Green I'll barf up a lung.

I don't see how it could be Rowen, I have no idea how he's going to call that from the booth with that confusion.

He dosen't even talk to Warner in the headset, Mike K does that. I don't see how they would be able to relay to play on that fast through that system.

Green I could see saying that but in the end I just blame Warner, he's the leader, an NFL MVP, he can spike the ball and claim he never heard different if he feels like it.

OP
OP
Russ Smith

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
I don't see how it could be Rowen, I have no idea how he's going to call that from the booth with that confusion.

He dosen't even talk to Warner in the headset, Mike K does that. I don't see how they would be able to relay to play on that fast through that system.

Green I could see saying that but in the end I just blame Warner, he's the leader, an NFL MVP, he can spike the ball and claim he never heard different if he feels like it.

Agreed, the more I think it through the more obvious that it's on Warner.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
Agreed, the more I think it through the more obvious that it's on Warner.

I think he should have spiked it too.

However, he already had made the play call and had the throw failed there would still have been a few seconds left for another throw in the end zone.

(the killer was the sack and it's Shipp who missed the blitz pickup, by the way.)

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Good point. I didn't think about that. Unfortunate because Warner is extremely vulnerable when they know he is going to pass and he takes the snap over center. Our OL is that bad.

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Blitz

came rights up the middle. No WAY this is on Shipp.
We got hosed today big time!
Granted the team carries the weight of this loss, and imho, Warner especially for the fiasco at the end.
Nobody, with a goal line assignment, would have picked up that blitz. It came at the snap from where no-one could be assigned to it.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Warner looks flat out scared today. I mean what happened to our vertical game? I've seen Fitz and Quan opened more than once but instead he dumped it off to Bergen or Shipp. What a lousy day today is after a stupid loss esp to the Lambs :mad:

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
came rights up the middle. No WAY this is on Shipp.
We got hosed today big time!
Granted the team carries the weight of this loss, and imho, Warner especially for the fiasco at the end.
Nobody, with a goal line assignment, would have picked up that blitz. It came at the snap from where no-one could be assigned to it.

Really! Take a look at the tape and tell me what you see, Coach?

(Shipp's goal line assignent, as you say, was blitz pickup... he lunged at Archuletta (sp?) hit him at an angle and he slipped through and onto Warner)

jstadvl

R U gonna B My Girl
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I hope

your not trying to be a rude smart ass, because I'm no coach and obviously neither are you. However, the blitz that I saw, came so quickly, with Warner possibly out of position, possibly the wrong center, etc. etc. noone could have picked it up. but then, I was watching the game live. I don't have the convenience of tape nor do I know what everyone's assigment would be in that situation except, get rid of the ball. And, as if you say, he did at least hit his man, than I would think Warner would have had at least, that much time, to see it also.
Tell me again what part I missed.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
Warner looks flat out scared today. I mean what happened to our vertical game? I've seen Fitz and Quan opened more than once but instead he dumped it off to Bergen or Shipp. What a lousy day today is after a stupid loss esp to the Lambs :mad:

That is the thing about Warner though. I have always advocated taking a run or two at him early and banging him around...nothing dirty to injure but enough to knock him down because he gets rattled when he is knocked around. Starts looking at the pass rush more than downfield. Rams certainbly knew this and were given the green light by our stellar OL

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
studiovx said:
WTF can't this team keep it's head together inside the 20, no matter WHO coaches it, or what players are on it?!!!!!! :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

When you can't run the ball consistantly, red zone offense is usually horrible.

CardinalChris

Big Man Himself
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
That is the thing about Warner though. I have always advocated taking a run or two at him early and banging him around...nothing dirty to injure but enough to knock him down because he gets rattled when he is knocked around. Starts looking at the pass rush more than downfield. Rams certainbly knew this and were given the green light by our stellar OL
After that one hit in the 3rd by Jackson Warner played two FRIGHTENED series, but settled back down nicely.

?The only thing I can think is Warner saw something on the field he wanted to exploit (personel or matchups) and didn't spike the ball because of it.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I'm so pissed right now, I f'ed up my knuckles pretty bad on my walls. I was just stunned and sat there for 10 minutes. If anyone at school gives me any crap, I might have to fight them. WTF? WTF? WTF? 30 secs left on the 6 yard line and we can't score a TD on the friggin' Rams. Ross is awful. Ross is awful. Ross is awful.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Really! Take a look at the tape and tell me what you see, Coach?

(Shipp's goal line assignent, as you say, was blitz pickup... he lunged at Archuletta (sp?) hit him at an angle and he slipped through and onto Warner)

It was a 3 step drop, timing pass, the ball should have been gone already. Warner has to throw it away if his guy isnt open. Not survey the field like hes back in the pocket. Shipp chiped him and that is all that should have been called for. WARNER HELD THE BALL TOO LONG. Thats my take..

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
69% of his passes, 11+yards/completion, 7.8 yards/attempt, very few bad passes, at least 3 drops, and horrible protection from the line MANY times. Yes, the non-spike at the end is something easily focused upon but keep in mind that if not for the false start they would have had time for 2 plays. So, with a spike there was time for two plays and running a play there was time for 2 plays.

I don't know why everyone's so fired up about Warner when it was the o-line that blew the game at the end. Warner was 6 of 6 and got the offense down to the 3 (I think) in under 2 minutes. It was a great 2 minute drill until Stepanovich and the middle of the line BLEW IT! Warner had his arms pinned and was being tackled by Archuleta by the time he was on his second step back from center. He couldn't throw it away and did well to not fumble.

Aside from all of that, I happen to think that there were a lot of postive things that happened during the game. Shipp looked solid and being back only 2 games off of injury looked like he might be close to 100% soon. The offense moved the ball very well all day but had penalty issues that stalled the drives. But a lot of that is due to rust and cohesion in my opinion. Stepanovich hasn't played in...4 weeks? There were guys switching positions on the line during the game and they all hadn't played together...ever!

I was pretty damned frusturated at the end, believe me. But, as bad as it was, I think there was plenty to indicate the offense will be in good shape in a game or two. Whether it's too late to take the division by then is another question but a new OC, new qb, new linemen, receivers coming back from injury and a rb coming back from a horrendous injury are bound to take a few games to get into rhythm. The D held the Rams under 20 points and the team had a very good chance to win it in the end. The Card's aren't that far away from coming together. They were thiiiiiiiis close today. A lot better than last week and next week I think we'll see at least 2 offensive td's. By game 4, everything will be clicking.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunchaser