Unbelievable!

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
jstadvl said:
your not trying to be a rude smart ass, because I'm no coach and obviously neither are you. However, the blitz that I saw, came so quickly, with Warner possibly out of position, possibly the wrong center, etc. etc. noone could have picked it up. but then, I was watching the game live. I don't have the convenience of tape nor do I know what everyone's assigment would be in that situation except, get rid of the ball. And, as if you say, he did at least hit his man, than I would think Warner would have had at least, that much time, to see it also.
Tell me again what part I missed.[/QUOTE]

The part where Shipp attempted but missed his block...

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
swd1974 said:
umm from what I saw Ayenbedejo missed th block on the final sack. Why is everyone on shipp?

Well, I just checked the tape and you're absolutely right. It's Ayenbedejo who missed the block, THANKS.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Crazy Canuck said:
Well, I just checked the tape and you're absolutely right. It's Ayenbedejo who missed the block, THANKS.

The Fox studio crew, specially Jimmy Johnson was all over Ayanbedejo for missing that blitz pickup BTW. For one thing he should have been up closer. Archeleta lined up on the LOS, it was pretty obvious he was coming.

Obviously not spiking the ball and getting two plays with time in the huddle was the proper course of action, but Femi should have picked up that blitz, Davis shouldn't have jumped offside, yadda, yadda, yadda.

If just ONE of the THREE previous trips to the red zone had resulted in a TD instead of a FG, we kick the field goal at this point, and it's all academic.

duckfallas

All Star
Reaction score
I think one reason why they didn't spike it is they were shifting personnel on and off the field. That is a coaching mistake. Get down there with the same personnel, spike it, then change. What is so hard to understand about that? Rowen and Green blew it.

I don't get Warner either. Something stinks. I was wondering why he was so buddy buddy with the Rams afterwards too. He took this loss too damn easy. I would have been pounding my helmut into the turf if I had lost a game like that.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
duckfallas said:
I think one reason why they didn't spike it is they were shifting personnel on and off the field. That is a coaching mistake. Get down there with the same personnel, spike it, then change. What is so hard to understand about that? Rowen and Green blew it.

I don't get Warner either. Something stinks. I was wondering why he was so buddy buddy with the Rams afterwards too. He took this loss too damn easy. I would have been pounding my helmut into the turf if I had lost a game like that.

Hey, mind reader: How do you know how he really took the loss? :D

As for pounding a helmet into the turf... it means nothing!!!

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
duckfallas said:

We didn't change personnel on the last play.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
duckfallas said:

After the game ends, these guys have alot of friends on other teams...especially when they played for some time with the opposing team. Warner can be pissed as hell but there is no need to act like a jerk after the game and run off the field without talking to a few of your old teammates. This is reaching by fans who are still pissed about the game and quite frankly hold onto the anger much loinger than some (most) of the players do.

Get on Warner for the fumblitis, the INT and wahetever else happened during the game but to whine about how he was friendly with some of the Rams afterwards is a bit over the top.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
After the game ends, these guys have alot of friends on other teams...especially when they played for some time with the opposing team. Warner can be pissed as hell but there is no need to act like a jerk after the game and run off the field without talking to a few of your old teammates. This is reaching by fans who are still pissed about the game and quite frankly hold onto the anger much loinger than some (most) of the players do.

Get on Warner for the fumblitis, the INT and wahetever else happened during the game but to whine about how he was friendly with some of the Rams afterwards is a bit over the top.

:thumbup:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
clif said:
We didn't change personnel on the last play.

Typically in a game like this we as fans focus on the last play that might have won us the game. Mind you I say might have won us the game as there probably was less than a 50% chance we could score with one play left from the five. There were many more plays than this that could have won us the game. Dropped catches on the one and in the end-zone. Not being able to score a TD in the red zone. Bad offensive line play. Missed tackles. We had six penalties in the 4th quarter. In about 1:23 Warner drove us down the field to be in scoring position with good sharp passes. At this point we just do not have what it takes to win. The coaching staff cannot be overlooked either as they sure have a part in the penalties. They should also have the team more prepared in that last 30 seconds. I noticed a few of the lineman not moving as fast as they should to get back on the line. A couple of more losses like this and we will start to lose the confidence of the players I am afraid and we will all start thinking about next years draft. Looking in hindsight we should have made more of an effort to obtain some quality OL during the off season. Many people on this board noted that as a problem. Did Graves or Green see this coming with the OL??

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:

It is very common after a game for players to go visit old friends on an opposing team. You do not start hating your friends when you change teams. You play the best you can and when it is over it is over.