Under the Radar Types & Sleepers

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
1. Demario Davis, OLB, Arkansas St., 6-2, 232. Explosive and very powerful on tape---fits the LeBeau 34 OLB mold because he can bull rush and has the quickness to swim his way to the QB. Might have some struggles in coverage.

2. Ronnie Hillman, RB, San Diego St., 5-9, 185. Chopper mentioned him and with good reason. Tough runner who has that extra burst in the open field you want. Carried the ball 23 times a game, so he can be a workhorse. Receiving ability helps too.

3. Adrian Robinson, OLB, Temple, 6-2, 250. Very well kept secret. Has very good edge quickness and a nose for the ball. Needs to add 10-12 pounds of strength.

4. Dale Moss, WR, South Dakota St., 6-3, 198. Played basketball and was a dunking machine at San Diego St. Went to South Dakota St. to play WR---and scouts are now buzzing about this kid, especially after he ran a 4.3 and an eye-popping 6.63 3 cone. On tape he looks sure handed---but needs to clean up his routes and explode more out of his breaks.

5. Lucas Nix, G, Pittsburgh, 6-5, 317. Nasty disposition. Need technique---but could be a mauler. Knee injury will cause him to drop---but indications are his rehab is almost complete.

6. Jerron McMillian, S, Maine, 5-11, 203. His Pro Day confirmed what scouts were thinking about his physical talent: 4.35 40, 6.69 3 cone, 39" vertical. What I particularly liked about watching him on tape is he's a tough hitter, which made me think Ray Horton would really like this kid.

7. Derek Carrier, WR, Beloit, 6-3, 238. 75/1,100 yards?12 TDs this past season---runs a 4.55 and an outstanding 6.69 3 cone, especially for his size. Looks very smooth and physical on tape---reminds me a great deal of Michael Floyd.

8. Kaelin Burnett, OLB, Nevada, 6-4, 238. 51 tackles/8 TFL/5 sacks this season. Rumor is the Raiders are very high on this kid---he really started to come on this year and applied very good pressure.

9. Steven Baker, T, East Carolina, 6-7, 301. Described by one scout as a "poor man's Bruce Campbell." He has 4.91 speed, and is raw, but has the size and feet you want. Played RT in a passing system. I thought watching him he showed a good balanced fan base---got caught leaning too far forward on contact a few times, but still recovered well enough to steer the DE wide.

10. Alex Hoffman-Ellis, LB, Washington St. 6-1, 232. Saw his video on YouTube and didn't know who he was. Then, not expecting too much, I watches as he proceeded to jump out on film. This kid fills a hole fast and delivers jarring tackles. I googled him and learned that he was named 2nd team All-Pac 12 last year---88 tackles and get this 68 of them were solo!

11. Tim Fuggar, OLB, Vanderbilt, 6-3, 260. Meet the Fuggars! Watched a few tapes on him and I liked what I saw---reminds me of a bigger version of one of my favorite players in this draft Miles Burris, LB, San Diego St. Has similar motor and is strong enough to bull rush.

12. Miles Burris, OLB, San Diego St., 6-2, 241. When he gets the edge, Burris turns the corner to the QB faster than any OLB prospect I've watched this year---his short area quickness is superb. Could play inside in 34 too. Needs to add 10-12 pounds of strength. Should be a STs star. Plays at top speed all the time. Loves to hit.

13. Claude Davis, OLB, South Florida, 6-1, 229. Obviously undersized, but this kid rockets the edge. Rumor is Bill Belichick is very high on him and has worked him out.

14. Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion, 6-1, 189. Hybrid CB/S type with 4.34 speed , a 43" vertical (wow), and just as impressive, an 11'2" broad jump. Watched his 4 career pick sixes on YouTube and once this kid has the ball in his hands it's like he's shot out of a cannon. Didn't seem very physical---but most of his clips are of him in pass coverage or returning kicks (looked a little tentative there).

15. Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia, 6-7, 290. Was 2nd team All-ACC and ACC defensive Player of the Week twice this past season---good motor, great height---blocked 3 field goals---needs to play with greater leverage---is very slippery at times,

16. Ronnie Cameron, DT, Old Dominion, 6-2, 295. Ist Team All-FCS All-American. Was at Hofstra when the program was cancelled---had immediate offers from BC and Penn St., but elected to stay with his coach and go to Old Dominion, where he dominated something fierce. And fierce is a good word for him. He plays with tremendous intensity, has a great rip move and is on the QB in a flash. Is very stout versus the run as well. Had 145 tackles and 12 sacks the past two years. That's a ton of production from a DT---especially one who was double-teamed practically every snap.

17. Ryan Davis, OLB, Bethune Cookman, 6-3, 261. Had 12 sacks this season and had 22 for his career. Watching his tapes, he sure looks the part to me---looks like a young James Harrison. Can out-quick tackles on the edge and bull rush them. Doesn't look as big on tape as his height weight suggest---but he sure stands outs when you watch him.

18. Dennis Kelly, T, Purdue, 6-8, 306. Started something like 37 straight games at LT at Purdue. Was named offensive MVP as a junior---which he was very humble about in an interview. At his Pro Day he was excellent---ran very well and put up 30 reps at 225. I can see why the Cardinals like him---he's tough, smart (3.7 GPA) and well sculpted. Plus, he got to block Ryan Kerrigan every day in practice for two years---which was great training for the NFL.

19. Tavon Wilson, S, Illinois, 6-0, 205. Very active and aggressive safety who is perhaps too aggressive at times and can over-commit in run support or on play action. Good hitter. Feisty and competitive.

20. Jordan Bernstein, S, Iowa, 5-10, 211. Is getting some close looks by teams after he ran 4.34, 6.75 3 cone, 41" vertical and put up 18 reps at his Pro Day.

21. Mike Daniels, DT, Iowa, 6-1, 280. Lacks height---but actually used his lack of height to his advantage as he rips his way underneath and through blocks to make quick penetrating hits in the backfield and on the QB. Very strong and quick.

22. Ron Brooks, CB, LSU, 5-11, 206. Was a utility DB at LSU---nickel man, spot CB, edge blitzer, ST star---and I mean star. I could see him being the Cardinals' 5th or 6th round STs ace pick.

If there is a player you would like to ask me about---I have been watching tons of tape---I know, I know, get a life, right?

But---ask away if you want and if I haven't seen a player I will make it a point to and get back to you.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
good job mitch i guess later round picks for arizona will be greenwood davis and conrath

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on players most aren't familiar with Mitch!!!

I have checked out some work of OLB Ryan Davis & would luv for the Cards to gets their hands on him. What round do you see him going? Draft day is fast approaching & I really hope we finish this D with a STUD edge rusher.

OP
OP
Mitch

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Thanks for the info on players most aren't familiar with Mitch!!!

I have checked out some work of OLB Ryan Davis & would luv for the Cards to gets their hands on him. What round do you see him going? Draft day is fast approaching & I really hope we finish this D with a STUD edge rusher.

I think that if the draft works this way in the Cardinals' favor it would be:

13. David DeCastro, G, Stanford.
80. George Iloka, S, Boise St. or Jayron Hosley, CB Virginia Tech.
112. Juron Criner, WR, Arizona or Danny Coale, WR, Virginia Tech.
151. Ryan Davis, OLB, Bethune Cookman
177. Matt Conrath, DE, Virginia.
185. Dennis Kelly, T, Purdue.
221. Jordan White, WR, Western Michigan (I didn't mention him---but think of a faster far more sure handed version of Jerhemy Urban).

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Here are another few that I hope we take a look at in the 6-7 or UDAF.

3/4 DE - Tony Jerod-Eddie, 6-4 305, Texas A&M - Playes all 5 DE/DT positions and that line was the 2nd best in the nation against the run.
Eddie could be a perfect backup for DD or CC.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HET3idYNyK8

3/4 OLB - Delano Johnson, 6-3.5 265, Bowie St. Good looking small school kid that should get a look in the 7th or UDFA. Smart kid. Good rap up hitter that loves to play on the outside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8FA1T6HYnM

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
Thanks, Mitch. This thread will be a great place to visit on Day 3 of the draft, when I am completely clueless. I will be interested to see if we take any of these guys on your radar. A few of these guys we have had in for visits, and that is a good sign we will be interested. I remember LSH visiting a few years back, and sure enough we took him.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
14. Chris Greenwood, CB, Albion, 6-1, 189. Hybrid CB/S type with 4.34 speed , a 43" vertical (wow), and just as impressive, an 11'2" broad jump. Watched his 4 career pick sixes on YouTube and once this kid has the ball in his hands it's like he's shot out of a cannon. Didn't seem very physical---but most of his clips are of him in pass coverage or returning kicks (looked a little tentative there).

Nice list Mitch, thanks.

Like we were saying before. This guy is one hot commodity right now. Someone's going to have a nice player here.

Miami coaches worked him out and were very pleased.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What I want to know is where you find all the tapes. Especially on the players from the small schools. I have trouble finding video of NFL players.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You obviously know these players much better than I do, but I like the idea of Jordan Bernstein. His combine numbers are pretty impressive. We could use a young S that can be groomed into the system. I think AW/Rhodes make a great combo, but nothing lasts forever. Although AW is my favorite player ever, his 2 serious injuries in back-to-back seasons worries me about how long we will have him...