University Of Phoenix Stadium vs Sun Devil Stadium

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Some of you people are clearly on crack.. There was absolutly nothing good about SDS.. Location sucked, stadium sucked, the drive to the stadium sucked, the heat sucked, over rated Mill sucked.. It all sucked..
The drive was way better:D

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Actually, last year, they didn't sell tickets to the south endzone seats, but there were more seats and it went up higher.

We've discussed this. There are a LOT more seats there this year; although you're right about one thing - the angle's kind of low.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
I agree about that too. I like seeing the big Bird everywhere and a little thing is that we have our own field. I used to HATE to see "Cardinals" over "Sun Devils" on Sunday Morning after ASU just trashed the field.

Agreed, always looked lame.

denverbirdfan

thanks for flying
Reaction score
but, there was just something special about going to the game on Sunday at SDS, the college feel of the town, fun places, nice to see the crowds arriving, there was just something about the old place that said Football. I even didn't mind the bleachers just that awful heat and sitting in 110 and waiting for the sun to drop behind at 3:00.

i agree - when i lived in tempe from 1996-2002 i was at every game. there was something about that crappy old stadium that said football to me too. like the game ending with a crazy win, the air finally cooling off a little, and larry centers winning the VIAD 110% player of the game. man, i loved those days. a sunday ticket tv in illinois just isn't the same! although being in st.louis for an october thrashing of the rams will have to do!

HeavyB3

Unregistered User
Reaction score
Wow. I can't believe some people are missing the old SDS. If you miss it so much, go to an ASU game.

I do agree with O though, I miss the fireworks.

young tone

5 TIME SUPER BOWL CHAMPS!!!!!
Reaction score
I dont know too much about Arizona but how far is the new stadium to the old one? Is the crowd in the new stadium more "corporate" type crowd as opposed to the old one? Ticket prices a big difference?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Concessions, It took me about 30 min to get a beer at the stands where at SDS I could get a beer no prob

The reason you could get a beer at SDS with no problem was that they had those beer only stands all over the stadium. When the new vendor took over in 2004 they took all those out and the lines for concessions were horrible.

You will remember the Patriots game where it took an entire quarter to get to the concession stand, get your stuff and get back to your seat.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

The people who thought it was ok to park in the driving lanes in the Orange parking lot on Sunday...and the people who only gave them warning stickers instead of towing their cars (or gigantic trucks) to the other side of the country.

Thanks for making everyone have to sit in the parking forever because you think you're too good for a regular parking space and/or too stupid to predict the consequences of what you did!

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I miss the fireworks but mostly I miss the fans. The group of guys that sat in my section. We had fun every game win or lose. I think the fans at SDS were generally better because they were all diehards. Now we have a bunch of newbies that don't know how to act at a football game. Hopefully in time that will change with the "old timers" teaching the new fans that cheering isn't an option.

Reaction score

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I miss the fireworks and the beer stand vender hot chick that used to flirt with me and occasionally slipped me a beer for free.

And that is about it.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I honestly don't miss a thing about SDS... Maybe I'm spoiled, but professional sports should never be held in a venue such as SDS. Great for a college or high school experience, but that's it...

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
U of P stadium:
You must be registered for see images

SDS:
You must be registered for see images

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't miss SDS. I go to one or two ASU games every year. That's good enough for me.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this thread.. All the eastsiders complaining about the drive to the stadium.. It reminds me of when us westsiders complained about driving to Tempe to sit in the heat for 4 hours a day! What a bunch of pansies, you guys at least get AC at the stadium now after your drive..

Guess we see who is more manly.. westside :D

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the westside is incredibly boring, before the stadium there was absolutley no reason to drive out there. I grew up out there, thank god im gone.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love this thread.. All the eastsiders complaining about the drive to the stadium.. It reminds me of when us westsiders complained about driving to Tempe to sit in the heat for 4 hours a day! What a bunch of pansies, you guys at least get AC at the stadium now after your drive..

Guess we see who is more manly.. westside :D

Yes!!!

I hated that stupid freaking drive...then driving back all the way to Anthem with our tail between our legs after yet another loss...hot, sweaty, pissed.

The new drive is stellar. The new tailgating is stellar. The new AC is fantastic. The new attitude I can smell coming is fantastic too!

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
SDS semms closer the game than UOPS. in the upper deck at SDS I still feel close at UOPS I feel really far away.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05