Unofficial Who Takes over HC Duties Thread

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think Pendergast has the only firm hand at this point on any part of the team.
But today's showing even by the D getting down by 17 early wasn't that promising either against a putrid Oak - O.:sad:

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
I think Pendergast has the only firm hand at this point on any part of the team.
But today's showing even by the D getting down by 17 early wasn't that promising either against a putrid Oak - O.:sad:

We should nominate 20 people off this board to do it by committee, we'll still lose but think of the free pizza at the meetings!

azmike74

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I've seen all the "Terry Tate: Office Linebacker" commercials, can I coach the LBs?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Jim Fassel?

Mike Ditka?

Mr. Potato head?

This season, it no longer matters...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to do it at the bye week. You have to remember half these coaches are personal friends of Denny, the odds are pretty good if you just fire Denny, that Solomon, Hargraves and maybe some others are either going to quit or mail in the rest of the season. You have to go into the bye week, fire him after the Packer game and spend the rest of the bye week with the new staff.

You spend this week quietly seeing if you can line up people that are willing to take the jobs, and then you fire Green.

It's not going to pretty interim never is, but Green is probably going to exit in a very ugly fashion anyways so you might as well give yourself an extra week to get over it.

OP
OP
WildBB

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
We should nominate 20 people off this board to do it by committee, we'll still lose but think of the free pizza at the meetings!
:bday:

Yeah , I say put the Harry , Walter and Ed as consultants and go from there. At least it's all in the family then , like the Bidwells like. We don't make a move w/o their majority consent.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
You have to do it at the bye week. You have to remember half these coaches are personal friends of Denny, the odds are pretty good if you just fire Denny, that Solomon, Hargraves and maybe some others are either going to quit or mail in the rest of the season. You have to go into the bye week, fire him after the Packer game and spend the rest of the bye week with the new staff.

You spend this week quietly seeing if you can line up people that are willing to take the jobs, and then you fire Green.

It's not going to pretty interim never is, but Green is probably going to exit in a very ugly fashion anyways so you might as well give yourself an extra week to get over it.

Not so fast Russ, I've been on small airplanes where they don't have flight attendants and they just turn on a tv with the intructions of what to do in the event of a water landing.

This gives me an idea, yes that's right, install key plasma screens in the locker room and do it via the web.

We can all webcam the practices and do most of the coachng during our lunch hour, simply put it won't be any worse than what we have now.

AzWins23

Reaction score
I say we should call Dave McGinnis again..We were 4-2 at one time with below average talent...Let's see what he can do again!:biglaugh:

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Jerry Glanville would probably fit the "profile" the Bidwills look for in a head coach. Had some success years ago... :rolleyes:

I'm sure he has kept up on NFL trends the last 10 years and could easily get back up to speed in todays NFL. :sarcasm:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
Right friggin on - :biglaugh:
Speaking of that, did anyone else notice Green's man boobs when walking off the field today? Somebody needs to tell him Victoria Secret has a buy 2 get 1 free special on all new bras...

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i believe some of you have lost your mind or just drank a couple of cases to num the pain. i for believe green is going to finish this season out. it might be time to give pete carroll a call or even get jim johnson a shot at the head coaching position. another thing, the houston texans tried to get jimmy johnson to come and work for them. i believe jimmy johnson of fox sports can be bought out of retirement. i know it is fanasty time because the cardinals are losing. i will go with another scenario. bill cowher doesn't resign with the steelers, do the cardinals go after him. just a thoght. i love marty schottenheimer, but what about his ocordinator cam cleeland. he might be an interesting canidate. it is obvious that it is time for green to move back to san diego if he can't get this time turn around.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It doesn't really matter. The Cardinals are finished in Arizona.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Frank Bush will be the head coach if Denny gets canned before the season is over.

ramfanjoe

Reaction score
i i love marty schottenheimer, but what about his ocordinator cam cleeland. he might be an interesting canidate. it is obvious that it is time for green to move back to san diego if he can't get this time turn around.

I think that you mean Cam Cameron. Cam Cleeland is a former TE for the saints and rams. Cameron certainly generated some buzz last offseason with all those teams looking for new HC's. His record as a HC in Indiana certainly concerned me when the rams interviewed him. Although, if he brought QB's coach John Ramsdell with him as his OC that would be a solid move for any team looking to take advantage of their young offensive skill players. Ramsdell had a lot of sucess with the Rams as a QB coach, he has a great reptutation and he certainly hasn't hurt Rivers' development.

Steelers o-line coach, Russ Grimm seems to generate talk every offseason as well.

On another note, you guys need to hang in there. I really like reading this board. You truly are some of the most dedicated NFL fans that I have come across. I can't help but think that with all the talent this team has on both sides of the ball, that your loyalty is going to pay off big time in the next couple of seasons. Seriously.

Last edited:

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Ron Rivera
Jeff Fisher
Kirk Ferentz
Gregg Williams

They are my wishlist, but most likely Pendy will just get promoted. :(

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think that you mean Cam Cameron. Cam Cleeland is a former TE for the saints and rams. Cameron certainly generated some buzz last offseason with all those teams looking for new HC's. His record as a HC in Indiana certainly concerned me when the rams interviewed him. Although, if he brought QB's coach John Ramsdell with him as his OC that would be a solid move for any team looking to take advantage of their young offensive skill players. Ramsdell had a lot of sucess with the Rams as a QB coach, he has a great reptutation and he certainly hasn't hurt Rivers' development.

Steelers o-line coach, Russ Grimm seems to generate talk every offseason as well.

On another note, you guys need to hang in there. I really like reading this board. You truly are some of the most dedicated NFL fans that I have come across. I can't help but think that with all the talent this team has on both sides of the ball, that your loyalty is going to pay off big time in the next couple of seasons. Seriously.

thanks for the vote of confidience. you are right i did mean cam cameron. it is obvious that the cardinals are not going to do anything this season. so good luck to your rams. pains me to say that.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
a coaching candidate i haven't seen mentioned here

Not that i'm advocating him (and i tend to agree with the sentiment that a "player's coach" is not what the team needs right now), but... i'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Steve Mariucci's name. I'd assume he's available immediately.

Thoughts?

...dave

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not that i'm advocating him (and i tend to agree with the sentiment that a "player's coach" is not what the team needs right now), but... i'm surprised that nobody has mentioned Steve Mariucci's name. I'd assume he's available immediately.

Thoughts?

...dave

mariucci's is a player coach. he is the same kind of coach as green is. he has won with the 49ers when they had all kinds of talent. i am sure every avaible coach is waiting for green to get fired so they can coach this bunch of players.

if this organzation is going to lose then i say hire coach kenneth blankenship out semi pro team Yuma Blitz. it can't hurt.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Thoughts?

...dave

he's going to be the next coach at Michigan State.

And if you saw him on NFL Network this morning I don't think he wants anything to do with us.

Plus, he's a softie, we need a tougher coach.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05