Reaction score
STORIES | DAILY CAMP NEWSLETTER | CAMP FACTS | CAMP MAP
ROSTER | 02 STATS| 03 SCHEDULE | TICKETS | TEAM CAPSULES
PLAY PICK THE PROS | PLAY FANTASY FOOTBALL

Medical tests confirm Vanden Bosch out for season

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 18, 2003 01:50 PM

An MRI confirmed that Cardinals defensive end Kyle Vanden Bosch suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee last Saturday against San Diego and will miss the rest of the season.

The test revealed a little good news, however.

The injury was less severe than the one Vanden Bosch suffered to his right knee two years ago. The medial collateral ligament wasn't damaged, as it was then. That should shorten the recovery time, which is typically nine months to a year.

It's possible there could be some cartilage damage, but doctors won't know until the swelling decreases.

No surgery date has been set. Two years ago, Vanden Bosch back to Nebraska, where Dr. Scott Strasburger performed the surgery.

this sucks!

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Major bummer. Difficult injury to come back 100 percent from. He'll probably never reach the potential he once had before the injuries. Injuries are part of the NFL, though.

OP
OP
H

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
it seems like everytime we get a potential stud d- lineman some fluke season or career ending injury stops them in their tracks:confused:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
Originally posted by hef
it seems like everytime we get a potential stud d- lineman some fluke season or career ending injury stops them in their tracks:confused:

YEah!

Wadsworth - microfracture/knee
Swann - microfracture/knee
Rice - attitude
Smith - attitude

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
FYI - Definitions

Originally posted by hef

"Stud" D-Linemen (in no particular order):

Jevon Kearse, Michael Strahan, Simeon Rice, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Sam Adams, Chris Hovan

"Solid" D-Linemen (also in no particular order):

Grant Winstrom, Josh Kearney, Vonnie Holliday, Marcellus Wiley, Ted Washington

"Underachieving" D-Linemen (you know the drill):

Courtney Brown, Kyle Vanden-Bosch, Gerrard Warren, Dan Wilkenson

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Re: FYI - Definitions

Originally posted by kerouac9
[B"Underachieving" D-Linemen (you know the drill):

Courtney Brown, Kyle Vanden-Bosch, Gerrard Warren, Dan Wilkenson [/B]

This is where I dissagree with all you KVB bashers. KVB doesn't belong in this category. I don't think chronically injured is the same as underachieving. You have to actually play to underachieve.

OP
OP
H

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
Re: FYI - Definitions

"Stud" D-Linemen (in no particular order):

Jevon Kearse, Michael Strahan, Simeon Rice, Dwight Freeney, Julius Peppers, Sam Adams, Chris Hovan

"Solid" D-Linemen (also in no particular order):

Grant Winstrom, Josh Kearney, Vonnie Holliday, Marcellus Wiley, Ted Washington

"Underachieving" D-Linemen (you know the drill):

Courtney Brown, Kyle Vanden-Bosch, Gerrard Warren, Dan Wilkenson
good point but i had so much hope that he would live up to his potential and now it looks like he wont have that chance

Last edited:

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Re: Re: FYI - Definitions

Originally posted by Rivercard
This is where I dissagree with all you KVB bashers. KVB doesn't belong in this category. I don't think chronically injured is the same as underachieving. You have to actually play to underachieve.

Hey, he has--what?--19 games on his career? Judge him on those. Is he underperforming to his draft status? Look at the healthy KVB in the preseason games. Bad.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: FYI - Definitions

Hey, he has--what?--19 games on his career? Judge him on those. Is he underperforming to his draft status? Look at the healthy KVB in the preseason games. Bad.

He showed fire and potential in his rookie season but looked average recently coming back from injury. So far an injury casualty not a bust. Jury is still out - we'll have to wait and see what happens next year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Re: Re: FYI - Definitions

Why must you refer to people who don't view KVB as a good player, as bashers?

I believe that we are calling a spade, a spade.

I mean, come on, the proof is on the side of those who think he is not very good. It is easy to prove that he hasn't been that good.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: Re: FYI - Definitions

He showed fire and potential in his rookie season but looked average recently coming back from injury. So far an injury casualty not a bust. Jury is still out - we'll have to wait and see what happens next year.

The jury may still be out, but at least five jurors seem to be really convinced in the jury room.

I think that this pours some water on those who wanted KVB to be re-signed to take up some cap space.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
Re: Re: Re: FYI - Definitions

Originally posted by Krangthebrain
Why must you refer to people who don't view KVB as a good player, as bashers?

I believe that we are calling a spade, a spade.

I mean, come on, the proof is on the side of those who think he is not very good. It is easy to prove that he hasn't been that good.

We'll just have to agree to disagree. I call you bashers because you use word like "suck" and "underachiever" which I think is harsh and inaccurate for the reasons I have already stated.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Originally posted by hef

no one outside of AZ ever thought kvb was a "potential stud lineman." though this injury DOES REALLY hurt our defense.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
no one outside of AZ ever thought kvb was a "potential stud lineman." though this injury DOES REALLY hurt our defense.

Holy Crap - I believe the world is coming to an end - OUCHIE AND DISAGREE ON SOMETHING! KVB's loss won't hurt the defense that much at all - but then again - my idea of how successful the d-line was gonna be anyway probably had something to do with that opinion. Bring in Steve White.

OP
OP
H

hef

Veteran
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ouchie-Z-Clown
call him what you want, i saw alot of potential his rookie year who knows what he could have done shooting the gap instead of reading and reacting i will admit that recently he has looked like he was playing conservitive b/c of his knee(not that intence player he was as a rook)but my point is that we have serious ploblems keeping quality d-lineman by injury or attitude

seesred

Reaction score
When we drafted KVB he had a lot of upside. It's a shame he will never even get a chance to show off his talent. His first few games in his first year he showed signs of being a pretty darn good player. THen football steps in and takes his legs. The fact that he played last year shows his never quit attitude. He worked hard this off season to bulk up and be ready.

Who on this board knows how good he might have been. One thing he is not is a bust. Unless you have walked in his shoes you can't judge anything he has done. I think he would make a great coach and I hope he gets well enough to walk without pain. Anybody who says that he sucks or any other expression like it is dead wrong about this man. Good luck KVB, thanks for giving it 100% every down.

GBR

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05