Updated Mock Picks 1-10 (3/14/06)

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
On Greenway:

On Mitch's mock -- the choices at #10 based on rough rankings seem to be Cutler, Winston Justice, Jimmy Williams and Greenway

Well -- Justice and Williams are very talented, but also have a past of off field issues that make you question just how mature they are.

Cutler - I like him at #10, but some question if the Cards would even take a QB there

Greenway -- probably the safest pick in terms of maturity and ability to contribute immediately. His downside projection is that he ends up being a solid but not special kind of player -- kinda like how Leonard Davis has turned out so far. That being said, he could slide, only because there are so many linebackers in the draft that they could be de-valued.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I think if the #2 pick goes anywhere it will go to Tennessee, and I think they'll do everything they can to make it happen. No way do they let one draft spot come between Leinart and Chow.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
This is what I think the Cards will do.

1 - QB - Young - Yeah i know Green needs to win know but Graves comments at a Warner press confrence still rings in my ears and it didnt sound like a smokescreen because he really sounded giddy about and really back pedaled from it like he let something slip he shouldnt have.

2 - FS - Daneil Bullocks - Should still be there dispite his 4.37 40 time. He cant rise up draft boards that fast. There are also some other DB's in front of him giving him competition such as Ko Simpson, Bing, Whitner, Huff, Williams, Jason Allen. Bullocks is the prototypical FS prospect thta Clancy seems to like, a FS in a SS body with some SS tendancies. We were heavily scouting combine and interviewed him even before he ran..

3 - OL - Andrew Whitworth - Any other year and this guy wouldnt still be here in the 3rd round IMO. We have been heavily scouting him at the senior bowl and combine.

4 - DT - Johnny Jolly - Seems to be the perfect type of Slant Nt for Pendy, big, but not a big fatty who cant move. Also scouted him heavily at the combine.

5 - MLB - Tim McCraigle - Super Combine which puts him from a 6th or 7th to 5th rounder. 242 lbs, 2nd fastest 20 and 10 yard dashes out of all the MLB's. One of the best and in some cases the best Cone, Shuttle, Baord jump, and Verts. He to was scouted heavily at the combine by us. We tried to bring in Bart Scott MLB out of Baltimore and that didnt work out. Good special teamer right out of the box.

6 - RB/FB - Gilbert Harris - Little speed, willing but not good blocker, injuries, character concerns. Pobably asking yourself well then why draft the guy no matter how low of a round well its a pretty good reason. Good size, excellent inside runner with power, vision, and instincts, also has good hands. doesnt really have a position as he isnt an everydown back, cant block nearly good enough for a FB, and can only be used maybe 2 times a game in short yardage situations. We also scouted him at the combine a lot.

7 - OL - Isaac Sowells - Comes from a smaller football program of Indiana, but Green isnt afriad to take small svhool players later inthe draft if he likes their potential. And this kids has potential. Have you noticed a theme yet, this guy was to scouted heavily at the combine by our scouting department.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
- QB - Young - Yeah i know Green needs to win know but Graves comments at a Warner press confrence still rings in my ears and it didnt sound like a smokescreen because he really sounded giddy about and really back pedaled from it like he let something slip he shouldnt have.
What did he say?

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
LoyaltyisaCurse said:
What did he say?

When asked about Young by a reporter he stated, "I will be the first one at the airport to pick him up." Then backpedaled from there saying the usual, its still up in the air, lots of directions to go, and so. You had to here it to truely understand. Should be archived at the main site under the Warner re-signing press confrence.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
This is what I think the Cards will do.

1 - QB - Young - Yeah i know Green needs to win know but Graves comments at a Warner press confrence still rings in my ears and it didnt sound like a smokescreen because he really sounded giddy about and really back pedaled from it like he let something slip he shouldnt have.

2 - FS - Daneil Bullocks - Should still be there dispite his 4.37 40 time. He cant rise up draft boards that fast. There are also some other DB's in front of him giving him competition such as Ko Simpson, Bing, Whitner, Huff, Williams, Jason Allen. Bullocks is the prototypical FS prospect thta Clancy seems to like, a FS in a SS body with some SS tendancies. We were heavily scouting combine and interviewed him even before he ran..

3 - OL - Andrew Whitworth - Any other year and this guy wouldnt still be here in the 3rd round IMO. We have been heavily scouting him at the senior bowl and combine.

4 - DT - Johnny Jolly - Seems to be the perfect type of Slant Nt for Pendy, big, but not a big fatty who cant move. Also scouted him heavily at the combine.

5 - MLB - Tim McCraigle - Super Combine which puts him from a 6th or 7th to 5th rounder. 242 lbs, 2nd fastest 20 and 10 yard dashes out of all the MLB's. One of the best and in some cases the best Cone, Shuttle, Baord jump, and Verts. He to was scouted heavily at the combine by us. We tried to bring in Bart Scott MLB out of Baltimore and that didnt work out. Good special teamer right out of the box.

6 - RB/FB - Gilbert Harris - Little speed, willing but not good blocker, injuries, character concerns. Pobably asking yourself well then why draft the guy no matter how low of a round well its a pretty good reason. Good size, excellent inside runner with power, vision, and instincts, also has good hands. doesnt really have a position as he isnt an everydown back, cant block nearly good enough for a FB, and can only be used maybe 2 times a game in short yardage situations. We also scouted him at the combine a lot.

7 - OL - Isaac Sowells - Comes from a smaller football program of Indiana, but Green isnt afriad to take small svhool players later inthe draft if he likes their potential. And this kids has potential. Have you noticed a theme yet, this guy was to scouted heavily at the combine by our scouting department.

Unless it's Simpson in the 2nd , I think we go OG/OT in 2nd and OL, TE or FS in 3rd - BPA. What do you think of Watkins from FSU (FS)?

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
RedForeman said:
Nadda, Greenway is a reach at 10. If thats how it falls you try to trade down with someone hot for Cutler.
A reach??

Every single expert analysis that I've seen have him in the 5-15 area.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
WildBB said:
Unless it's Simpson in the 2nd , I think we go OG/OT in 2nd and OL, TE or FS in 3rd - BPA. What do you think of Watkins from FSU (FS)?

Maybe not Watkins in the 3rd but Salley from Ohio. We interviewed him at the combine as well.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BACH said:
A reach??

Every single expert analysis that I've seen have him in the 5-15 area.

Really? Then you're not looking very hard, or are looking at very old information. Scouts Inc has him at 12. Kiper has him at 15. The Huddle Report.com has him at 17. Yes, he's in the area you specify, but it'd be more accurate to say that he's rated in the 10-20 range. I haven't seen a single mock or ranking that has him among the Top 10 picks in the draft.

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe this is semantics --

but I dont consider taking a guy ranked 12th or 15th by amatuer draft sites at #10 a reach--

Now if AJ Hawk or Ferguson were also available-- then I guess it would be a reach

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
en fuego said:
I dunno, maybe this is semantics --

but I dont consider taking a guy ranked 12th or 15th by amatuer draft sites at #10 a reach--

Now if AJ Hawk or Ferguson were also available-- then I guess it would be a reach

All it takes is another team reching for need, though, and you could get your 5-8 ranked player at #10. No need to reach back in the draft because you need someone.

Either way, I'd like to see someone post a ranking that had Greenway ahead of Bush, Young, Leinart, Ferguson, and Hawk, the consensus Top 5 players in this draft.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Either way, I'd like to see someone post a ranking that had Greenway ahead of Bush, Young, Leinart, Ferguson, and Hawk, the consensus Top 5 players in this draft.

What exactly is your point.:confused:

No one is saying any different.

Savage58

Defense, Defense, DEFENSE
Reaction score
CronosCard said:
What about Ernie Sims?? Please don't tell me it was a low Wonder-lick score that will keep him drafted after Greenway.. How fast was his 40 and all his measurables, his leadership.. To embrace being being compared to Ray Lewis and Derrick Brooks says alot about him.. That said I never saw him play, so could anyone shed some light on how the LB's stack up that way??Thank you

WOW! Who ever said he was in the same breath as Ray Lewis and D. Brooks? That doesn't compute at all, and I love watching linebackers, I've seen this guy play and he is quick, but lacks the power to take on blocks at the point of attack. He's like Dat Nguyen from Texas A&M undersized, quick as hell, but lacks the bulk/power , he reminds me of Ray Thompson, or a nickel LB. No way I waste a Top 10 pick on him, I'd rather go Winston Justice and I'm not even that high on Justice.

Just say no to Sims.