USA vs Germany

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
25-24 USA at the end of the first quarter. Marion only played about two minuutes, and amare only about one. Neither of them really touched the ball. It seems like Brown is playing amare as a center... not sure how much he likes that.

USA is playing better, but Germany should have had the lead. At one point they were up 23-17, but team USA came back. At least USA is making some of their threes today.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
29-26 USA, Marion just got a nice rebound and scored. not sure if amare is playing.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Amare huge dunk!

33-28 USA
on the court: Marbury,Wade,Melo,Marion,Amare

looks like Amare is a center and Marion is a PF.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
Amare huge dunk!

33-28 USA
on the court: Marbury,Wade,Melo,Marion,Amare

looks like Amare is a center and Marion is a PF.

All i can say is...
How ironic. :shrug:

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Monster dunk by Duncan.

When the Germans get dunked on, it seems like they all get posterized. Duncan bulldozed a guy on his way down.
Dirk has like 10 points, he hasnt scored in a while though.

40-35 USA, this game is probably going to be close all day.

AnotherHOMER

Reaction score
The game is boring!! I thought it would have been high flying action!! Back to my X Box Live.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
44-40 USA at the half.

Yeah its wierd seeing Marion playing PF and Amare playing center. Carmelo is not playing good today, but Okafor really looks NBA ready. Dirk started off really hot but has since cooled off. He should get more touches if Germany wants to win.

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
44-40 USA at the half.

Yeah its wierd seeing Marion playing PF and Amare playing center. Carmelo is not playing good today, but Okafor really looks NBA ready. Dirk started off really hot but has since cooled off. He should get more touches if Germany wants to win.

what has made Anthony's play any better or worse than anybody else's? I'm really not trying to start a fight. I just would like to know because I thought he was playing very well. From what I saw he had one missed shot. He created an easy basket for Okafor and drilled a couple long shots. In fact so far I would say he has been the only guy for team USA in the last few games that can consistently knock down an open three-point shot.

This team needs Michael Redd badly. They need a couple shooters on the floor with all of these athletes at all times. The sad thing is that Michael Redd is the only American guy I can think of who fits that role. I mean I guess Brent Barry or someone like that would fit.

Are the commentators and I the only ones complaining about the officiating so far? Into this isn't like when I complain about the officiating in a Phoenix Suns game. That's the nice thing about good shooting. It's a lot more difficult for the officiating to hurt a team that can knock down outside shots. When the entire offense depends on going to the basket the referees can have a real effect on the game. I don't think these officials have ever heard of "over the back" either. :)

Joe Mama

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Anthony really hasn't played any better than the rest either. They are all pretty much equally as bad and that includes Duncan.

Anthony is the only one who consistently takes jumpshots or drives to the basket. All the rest of the guys are just passing the ball around and not taking the J at all really.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
what has made Anthony's play any better or worse than anybody else's? I'm really not trying to start a fight. I just would like to know because I thought he was playing very well. From what I saw he had one missed shot. He created an easy basket for Okafor and drilled a couple long shots. In fact so far I would say he has been the only guy for team USA in the last few games that can consistently knock down an open three-point shot.

This team needs Michael Redd badly. They need a couple shooters on the floor with all of these athletes at all times. The sad thing is that Michael Redd is the only American guy I can think of who fits that role. I mean I guess Brent Barry or someone like that would fit.

Are the commentators and I the only ones complaining about the officiating so far? Into this isn't like when I complain about the officiating in a Phoenix Suns game. That's the nice thing about good shooting. It's a lot more difficult for the officiating to hurt a team that can knock down outside shots. When the entire offense depends on going to the basket the referees can have a real effect on the game. I don't think these officials have ever heard of "over the back" either. :)

Joe Mama
Carmelo just looks lost out there. Its not only him- Marbury and Lebron are doing the same thing. Maybe its just the olympic experience.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
The US team seems to have cleaned up pretty well--most of the egregious mistakes from yesterday are gone. The players seem to be less afraid to take perimeter shots than before, except for Anthony who is gunning as usual.

The main problem for the US is that they're getting killed on the boards. The guards need to be coming back to fight for rebounds (since the bigs are getting held) but they keep leaking out hoping for fast-break glory.

Marbury has actually played well so far, and Iverson looks like a completely different player. The flip side is Jefferson, who's playing dumb for the first time (in a US uniform, anyway).

It's frustrating to see Boozer keep coming off the bench so early.

Amare had a sweet pass to Wade at the end of the first quarter for Wade's buzzer-beating three--I was surprised and pleased that he got the ball out there in time. :thumbup:

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I agree about Jefferson, he looks horrible.

If we dont put down the hammer on these guys they could beat us.
I think Dirk is leading all scorers with 24.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
68-65 USA

I take back what I said about Carmelo, he is playing great. Some nice jumpers and a huge block.
Dirk is leading all scorers with 26, Duncan has 21.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
68-68 its basically a three point shooting contest right now.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Anyone else come to the conclusion that Amare wont play any more than 5 min a game during these olympics? :mad:

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Yeah what the heck is Larry Brown doing? That team needs Amare and Duncan to score in the post.

What is the point for Amare to play for the olympic team when Larry Brown refuses to play him at PF and the guards don't look to pass to him at all.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Are Boozer and Odom really better than Amare?

Please.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
68-65 USA

I take back what I said about Carmelo, he is playing great. Some nice jumpers and a huge block.
Dirk is leading all scorers with 26, Duncan has 21.

Of course, as soon as you said it, Melo blew a defensive assignment (giving up a wide-open 3), committed a turnover, and took a bad shot. :lol:

I agree that Melo is making a positive contribution overall, though (which I didn't think was the case against Italy or PR).

Did you see that awful 3-ball that Marion took from the baseline? I wonder whether the Int'l three-point line is bothering him on that shot... :shrug:

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
Are Boozer and Odom really better than Amare?

Please.
Odoms playing better, but Boozers not. Put Carmelo playing more then Marion? WtF?

72-72 TIE GAME!!!!
about 2 or so minutes left.
Zone defense is really killing Us. our last three times we had the ball we jacked up a three and missed every time.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
75-72 USA, Iverson just made a VERY LONG three pointer.

The US players on the bench are all getting into it, Amares waving his towell around like a maniac, and Lebrons kneeling on the floor.
Dirks taking a ton of shots.

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I don't mind a pissed off Amare coming back from the olympics. You can bet he is angry sitting on that bench watching Boozer and co struggle.

He'd probably be pissed off about Garnett and Duncan playing and him on the bench because he wants to become the best but that must be like a slap in the face for him.
If Larry Brown is staying with those substitutions it will be interessting to see the Suns-Pistons matchup next season.