USA vs Germany

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
They may fit better into the system. :shrug:
Not only that, but Amare is the backup center. yeah, center. I think Amare might have to get used to being a Center.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
They may fit better into the system. :shrug:

Boozer has been TERRIBLE. I dont see how he fits into the "system" better than amare.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
slinslin said:
I don't mind a pissed off Amare coming back from the olympics. You can bet he is angry sitting on that bench watching Boozer and co struggle.

He'd probably be pissed off about Garnett and Duncan playing and him on the bench because he wants to become the best but that must be like a slap in the face for him.
If Larry Brown is staying with those substitutions it will be interessting to see the Suns-Pistons matchup next season.
Garnetts not on the team.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, it looks like LB has left Melo on the court too long. He didn't even make it down the floor that last play.

I guess he doesn't want to send Marion out there to break the backboard with his shot again. :(

Amare is looking at short minutes from now on, because he's slotted at backup center behind Duncan. They should have put Amare at backup PF and tossed Boozer in at C. :mad:

OP
OP
slinslin

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
Garnetts not on the team.

That was hypothetical.

Amare has so much desire to win and become the best. He'd probably be pissed if he had to watch Shaq, Duncan and KG on the bench. Watching Lamar Odom and Carlos Boozer playing before him must be like a slap in the face for him.

Good thing it will only make him work more.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don;t know I think Amare is a better Center then Boozer

We're up by one with seconds left.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
What the HELL was the camera man doing?!

Pimpin

Da Infamous One
Reaction score
WTF!!! :rolleyes:

Idiots didn't even show the game winner!

Can't believe with 3 secs left their looking at the crowd instead of the ball handler lol

Still good win by the US though :thumbup:

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What a turn of events in the last 15 seconds. Jefferson makes both of the free throws to make the lead three points then the German team races upcourt and gives it off to Dirk who while being double teamed aggressivly makes a three pointer, then Iverson gets it with like 6 seconds, runs the whole court and guns the three (or was it a two) to win the game.

What a game.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The camera men were most certainly german so they got all excited when dirk hit that three, so they scanned the crowd.

Then Boom, he switches over to Iverson making the game winning shot.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Absolute ******** camera work. Inexcusable.

One thing I liked about Stoudemire, in the 45 seconds he was on the floor, is that he was extremely active on both ends of the floor. Particularly on offense, he was constantly hopping around in the lane against the zone defense, giving his teammates a chance to find him. That's how he got his dunk. Duncan, by contrast, gets "his position" in the lane and then just stands there. Obviously that isn't working against this zone defense when the US doesn't have any pure shooters to space the floor with.

Aside from Duncan, I thought that Jefferson and Anthony looked the best on the US team. Marion isn't as comfortable an overall shooter as Anthony is.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:
What a turn of events in the last 15 seconds. Jefferson makes both of the free throws to make the lead three points then the German team races upcourt and gives it off to Dirk who while being double teamed aggressivly makes a three pointer, then Iverson gets it with like 6 seconds, runs the whole court and guns the three (or was it a two) to win the game.

What a game.

I think it was Anthony again with the FTs.

You know what this reminded me of? The U of Arizona at Oregon game.

And like the UA, the US team is playing finesse defense--they're out there trying not to commit fouls instead of banging guys and building a reputation with the officials. There isn't even the excuse of lack of depth with the US, though; it's just that everybody on their roster has been trained to avoid fouling at all costs. They need to get rid of those habits if they're going to have any success in the Olympics.

Kind of a lucky win for the US, but they probably needed something like this to help their confidence after the Italy debacle.

thegrahamcrackr

Reaction score
NJYAJ09 said:

What a game.

I am pretty sure Iverson got it with like 3 seconds. His shot was just in from half court.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Aside from Duncan, I thought that Jefferson and Anthony looked the best on the US team. Marion isn't as comfortable an overall shooter as Anthony is.

Marion actually looks better at the four than at the three right now--I guess the US can get away with that in international play. He needs to start shooting from outside, though.

Even disregarding the last minute, I thought Iverson looked better than Jefferson did.

Odom is a horrible defender. I know that Dirk makes everybody look bad, but this is the third game in a row now.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Marion actually looks better at the four than at the three right now--I guess the US can get away with that in international play.

So far, it looks like they can't.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
F-Dog said:
I think it was Anthony again with the FTs.

You know what this reminded me of? The U of Arizona at Oregon game.

And like the UA, the US team is playing finesse defense--they're out there trying not to commit fouls instead of banging guys and building a reputation with the officials. There isn't even the excuse of lack of depth with the US, though; it's just that everybody on their roster has been trained to avoid fouling at all costs. They need to get rid of those habits if they're going to have any success in the Olympics.

Kind of a lucky win for the US, but they probably needed something like this to help their confidence after the Italy debacle.
Your right, it was Anthony.
Its hard to watch tv in another room, and type in another room on my computer here.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Where would this team be without Duncan? This is the first game that I've been able to watch carefully, so maybe it wasn't a fair example. But today, if they hadn't had Duncan, they would have gotten killed.

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Where would this team be without Duncan? This is the first game that I've been able to watch carefully, so maybe it wasn't a fair example. But today, if they hadn't had Duncan, they would have gotten killed.

Actually, this is by far the best they've played. :(