Very susperstitious ...

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, what haven't you changed since the Cards made the playoffs? (And please don't say underwear.) Is there anything that you absolutely MUST have remain the same?

I've been wanting to change my avatar, but just can't do it.

I also hung two pennants and redforceone's sign that says "RESPECT!" on my wall near the TV and I can't (and don't want to) move them.

I have my Big Red bobble head sitting right next to the TV. Have red pom-poms on the lamp shades.

Will wear my Fitz jersey on Super Bowl Sunday since that is the one I have won every playoff game.

Anyone else?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ever since I started wearing the Division Champions hat they've won. I got it right before the Seattle game.

Doc Cardinal

Old Fart
Reaction score
I'm just tellin all my Suthern Ahia relatives and friends that we have Jersey Girl on our side....we can't lose.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Lucky dog-playing-frisbee boxers, lucky red vans (3/4 top), lucky red rock and gold dollar in left pocket, lucky old school Boldin jersey, lucky 'Truckin',' at 11 on the juke box, lucky red collar on the Fellas.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My superstition this year has been doing whatever I want.. Meaning if I do the same thing as the last game I think we'll lose.. So I do whatever I want..

The only thing I have stopped doing is going to games this year.. O told me I wasnt the problem and I was crazy that I wouldnt go to the NFC Championship game.. But he also said I was taking one for the team.. But the two games I went to this year we got blown out.. So its why I stayed away from the playoff home games this year.. Id rather the Cards win while Im at home......

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
My superstition this year has been doing whatever I want.. Meaning if I do the same thing as the last game I think we'll lose.. So I do whatever I want..

The only thing I have stopped doing is going to games this year.. O told me I wasnt the problem and I was crazy that I wouldnt go to the NFC Championship game.. But he also said I was taking one for the team.. But the two games I went to this year we got blown out.. So its why I stayed away from the playoff home games this year.. Id rather the Cards win while Im at home......

Just keep on movin' on movin' on.

IAWarnerFan

Warnerphile, but a Cards fan!
Reaction score
So, what haven't you changed since the Cards made the playoffs? (And please don't say underwear.) Is there anything that you absolutely MUST have remain the same?

I've been wanting to change my avatar, but just can't do it.

I also hung two pennants and redforceone's sign that says "RESPECT!" on my wall near the TV and I can't (and don't want to) move them.

I have my Big Red bobble head sitting right next to the TV. Have red pom-poms on the lamp shades.

Will wear my Fitz jersey on Super Bowl Sunday since that is the one I have won every playoff game.

Anyone else?

My superstitions these playoffs:
  • I'm wearing the color shirt of the team the Cardinals just beat the weekend before (both black). It will probably be green for the Super Bowl.
  • Creating the same threads as previous weeks. I'm still uncertain what I'm going to do with the Steelers logo.:shrug:
  • Watching the game from the same location (in my bedroom or livingroom)
  • I'll keep on betting on the Cardinals on all the A$FN bets as well.
I'm not sure why I'm so superstitious when my favorite player wears #13.:?:

Last edited:

Nitemare129

Registered
Reaction score
I've worn the exact same clothes every playoff game (don't worry, I wash them in between). Wear the exact same hat every game. And I've even watched the game at the exact same house, sitting in the exact same chair(and no, it's no my own house, so it is a bigger deal).

I was thinking of throwing a party at my place for the Super Bowl, but I thought that Super Bowl Sunday might not be the best time to tempt fate.

Reaction score
When you believe in things that you don't understand
Then you suffer
Superstition ain't the way

:)

football karma

Michael snuggles the cap space
Reaction score
somewhat like Gee -- this year I said "screw it" to all my supersitions-- ( but I still go to games)

I used to be convinced that buying any Cardinal gear would cause the team to go to hell --- this year I splurged (for me) and bought a stitched Adrian Wilson jersey and the Cards won three in a row.

I used to think that the more I obsessed during the week in terms of the upcoming game (internet, tv, etc) would mean that they would lose --- pay less attention during the week and they would win. Again, this year I do what I want.

Its a little of a liberating feeling truly knowing that it just doesnt matter what I do.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Ever since the Seattle game I've been wearing my retro 89 jersey I dug out of the closet.

Definitely the difference maker!

or, was it when I hung Fitz on my garage wall? hmmm....

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The following traditions started the week before the Seattle game.

During the BRR and Gamedays my custom BigBadBert jersey must be worn whether I go to the BRR or not.

Chris Sanders must guarantee victory the weekend of each game.

A Whopper with cheese but sans tomato and onion must be consumed the night before the game. (I dont even like whoppers but it's now an official tradition)

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
somewhat like Gee -- this year I said "screw it" to all my supersitions-- ( but I still go to games)

I used to be convinced that buying any Cardinal gear would cause the team to go to hell --- this year I splurged (for me) and bought a stitched Adrian Wilson jersey and the Cards won three in a row.

I used to think that the more I obsessed during the week in terms of the upcoming game (internet, tv, etc) would mean that they would lose --- pay less attention during the week and they would win. Again, this year I do what I want.

Its a little of a liberating feeling truly knowing that it just doesnt matter what I do.

Boooooo! :p

My fam and I once made a friend stay in the bathroom for the whole third period of a hockey game because our team finally scored, lol. :)

OP
OP
Jersey Girl

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oooh. I forgot one. I got a candy cane shot glass for Christmas. It is made out of candy cane. Anyway, I do a shot out of a candy cane shot glass before every game. It MUST be done.

I hope I still have that candy cane shot glass somewhere. The last tailgate party got a little outta control, lol.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last 10 games I have attended we have won. I HAD TO GO to the Superbowl.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Still rocking the uber-successful Pariah-Spidey avatar. Wife's forced to wear my old Swann jersey. I'm in a blue vneck tshirt and my unique Cards Cap.