Vick Struggling

spanky1

Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
Vick is much better than his stats and is more important to the Falcons than his stats. can we establish that?

San Diego lost 3 of their last four, so do teams have a plan for Brees?

If you could find an actual ratings site that has him lower then #21 that would be great.

I always thought that the first word in a sentence should be capitalized.....but hey BigDavis 75, what do I know?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
San Diego lost 3 of their last four, so do teams have a plan for Brees?
You're completely missing the point. I'm not the one arguing that a qb(Vick) can singlehandedly will his team to victory. I can show in a myriad of ways how Vick is struggling, I'm just trying to put it in terms that will be accepted. That's the big argument in favor of Vick, right? "He" just win's games. But he doesn't. "He" lost 3 out of 4 to end the year and 6 out of 9 after Atlanta's bye.

His stat's aren't good, "his" record is tailspinning, he isn't running wild. Now we're at "he's much better than his stat's". How can this be quantified?
If Atlanta can get Vick an Anquan Boldin or Larry Fitzgerald who can make teams pay for keying on Vick maybe they won't lose those four of five games.
That's a valid hypothysis, but I can argue it from the othe angle just as easily. Vick doesn't get the wr's he has, the ball. Snap.stats.com offers quite a breakdown of player stats, one of them being "poor throws". It's all on the qb in this stat. Guess who's top two in that category? Vick. His 18.9%(of his passes were simply bad throws) is right there with JP Losman(18.4%), Alex Smith (18.8%), Brooks Bollinger(18.0%), Eli Manning(17.0%).

Of course, there's always someone that's even worse that takes the punctuation point off of an example and in this case it's Donovan McNabb. Vick may be 2nd, but McNabb is the king of the poor pass. 21.3% of his passes are just bad one's.

So, while it may be argued that Vick doesn't have the wr's to help him out, his inability to throw it accurately might keep him from getting it to those guys anyway.

Since this was a Brees vs. Vick argument originally, I thought I better show the top 5 in accuracy. 1. Simms(11.5%), 2. Palmer(11.6%) 3. Brees (12.0%), 4. Green(12.2%) 5. Warner(12.5%). Simms I'm not convinced about just yet. Griese was at 12.6% before he got hurt so I think Gruden may be directing that show of qb efficiency. Oh, I almost forgot the other qb that everyone around here is familiar with-McCown. Not too impressive at 17.0%.