Wake Me Up

traveler

Registered
Reaction score
when we draft a franchise QB in the first round and get a big league running back. After 40 years, I'm on the way out. Directv was just cancelled. DJon't forget to set the alarm.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Im a HUGE fan of this team but they have gotten to me (to be honest this happens every year around game 8) Be that i dont live in the area any more and i can ignore the cardinals with no one EVER mentioning them i will only be watching for two things anymore....

1) Cardinals wins and losses.....(draft status)

2) JJ arringtons numbers....

Im not quite as extreme as traveler but its hard to maintain the passion when they look so bad...although i am used to it by now...:thumbup:

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
C'mon now - Dallas didn't look all that hot last year...some people were claiming that Parcells may not have it or be forcing things to fit himself and not football. Who knows how the rest of the season will play out.

If the OLine continues to improve by rotating the positions, then we will know who to actually replace. I think we will have some decent depth, not many starters yet and need an actual coach.

If Warner can finish the season, I think we will have a much better record the second half AND we will know which receivers and tight ends are worth keeping, since Josh can't see all of them.

JJ will continue to grow. Maybe we will pickup some depth for the DLine and actually find someone worth keeping by accident. Our corners are going to get a hell of a lot of experience, so though they will get burned, some of them at least have the skills to make plays the other way at times.

What is this depressing world you all live in - every Sunday I am fortunate enough to tune in Sirius and listen to 53 guys pummel the crap out of 53 other guys over the skin of a pig, I never know the outcome, I never know who is going to show up and make some incredible play. If we fight every game tooth and nail and lose by 1 point every week, so be it: as long as our team shows up to play and brings the fire of hell to the field.

But you don't know unless you listen and draft status, stats, records and all that other crap don't mean squat during those 3 hours. Just watch the angry little redbirds swoop down and peck the **** out of some poor sap every week and be happy.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
traveler said:
when we draft a franchise QB in the first round and get a big league running back. After 40 years, I'm on the way out. Directv was just cancelled. DJon't forget to set the alarm.

:lame:

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
b8rtm8nn said:
C'mon now - Dallas didn't look all that hot last year...some people were claiming that Parcells may not have it or be forcing things to fit himself and not football. Who knows how the rest of the season will play out.

If the OLine continues to improve by rotating the positions, then we will know who to actually replace. I think we will have some decent depth, not many starters yet and need an actual coach.

If Warner can finish the season, I think we will have a much better record the second half AND we will know which receivers and tight ends are worth keeping, since Josh can't see all of them.

JJ will continue to grow. Maybe we will pickup some depth for the DLine and actually find someone worth keeping by accident. Our corners are going to get a hell of a lot of experience, so though they will get burned, some of them at least have the skills to make plays the other way at times.

What is this depressing world you all live in - every Sunday I am fortunate enough to tune in Sirius and listen to 53 guys pummel the crap out of 53 other guys over the skin of a pig, I never know the outcome, I never know who is going to show up and make some incredible play. If we fight every game tooth and nail and lose by 1 point every week, so be it: as long as our team shows up to play and brings the fire of hell to the field.

But you don't know unless you listen and draft status, stats, records and all that other crap don't mean squat during those 3 hours. Just watch the angry little redbirds swoop down and peck the **** out of some poor sap every week and be happy.

It would be true, if they played like that. Instead, they come out dead and go belly up at the first sign of trouble!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
traveler said:

I think it was 1987 when we last drafted a 1st Rd QB.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
b8rtm8nn said:

The "Red Zone" on Direct is great as there are no commercials and they are constantly switching from game to game as big plays occur. When we are getting our butts kicked I will switch over there. This week our game is in HD. Do any of you have a Direct TV HD receiver with recordable HD? They are expensive but I would like to talk to someone who has one.

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
The great Kelly Stouffer

He was so awesome.....he never threw an incomplete pass or an interception while he was with us.:notworthy:notworthy

seesred

Reaction score
WE picked Rosenbach in the supplemental draft. He might have been great had he been healthy after a freak injury inside the NAU dome during a non contact play. Have his Jersey he was a very smart Bidwill move. As long as he gets all the blame lets give him the credits as well.

GBR

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
WE picked Rosenbach in the supplemental draft. He might have been great had he been healthy after a freak injury inside the NAU dome during a non contact play. Have his Jersey he was a very smart Bidwill move. As long as he gets all the blame lets give him the credits as well.

GBR

Yep that's my standard reply when a friend will say "the Cards suck and have forever", I ask who his favorite team is(usually 49ers or Raiders around here), and then say if Montana hadn't come back from his back surgery, and Young had torn his ACL and ended his career after one year as the 49er starter, exactly how good do you think they'd have been in that stretch of years?

The Cards made a ton of mistakes but we had incredibly bad luck with both Lomax and Rosenbach suffering career ending injuries, Lomax was in his prime, and Timm was approaching his.

Grand Canon

Rookie
Reaction score
Lomax was such a great guy- super nice- off the field he could barely walk after games- what a warrior who never got his due-- he is the reason for grand canon- remember his poster- he signed it for me and took me in the locker room when the Giants came to town with Joe Morris as the running back

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
You do what you have to do. There are certainly better ways to spend your time and money each Sunday for five months of the year cursing at your TV and hating life. It can't be healthy. Stay safe out there. I hope it works out.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
traveler said:

I'm sorry, what purpose does canceling your directv service fulfil? If you are referring to their Sunday Ticket package, you either paid for it in full at the beginning of the season, or have just made your final installment payment. They are not going to reimburse you for the final half of the season.

Other than Sunday Ticket, I'm not sure that DirecTV offers any different NFL coverage than any other subscription TV service, of which I've had Cox, Charter Cable, and Commcast Communications. DirecTV has been better than any of them.

Therefore, if you paid for the DirecTV hardware, paid for a full seasons SundayTicket package, and then cancelled it after only half of the season... excuse my vulgarity, but you're an idiot.

Go Cards!!!

Last edited:

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
WHAM said:
Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

;);)

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
seesred said:

GBR

FYI... after rehab, Rosenbach tried a comeback in the CFL with the Hamilton Tiger Cats. Unfortunately, he'd lost whatever skills he had and was nothing short of pathetic. If I remember correctly the Cats cut him mid-season.

seesred

Reaction score
Sadly Rosey had lost his nerve. If you remember he had a seperated shoulder(I think) just after coming back to the Cards and everything changed for him. He left football and then got the bug to return via CFL, but things were never the same. I believe he is a coach someplace in Washington state? He was once a tough rodeo rider and played football without fear. Had a better than average arm and could move in the pockert with a lot of fire.

GBR

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
traveler said:

Don't worry...

He will be back in a couple of days, change his name, and start posting the exact same point over and over and over and over and over...
You must be registered for see images

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
seesred said:
Sadly Rosey had lost his nerve. If you remember he had a seperated shoulder(I think) just after coming back to the Cards and everything changed for him. He left football and then got the bug to return via CFL, but things were never the same. I believe he is a coach someplace in Washington state? He was once a tough rodeo rider and played football without fear. Had a better than average arm and could move in the pockert with a lot of fire.

GBR

Yep, he's the only QB I've ever seen get called for ROUGHING THE PASS RUSHER!! Can't remember if it was a preseason game or a real game but it absolutely happened. He got mad at the guy who sacked him and retaliated and got a roughing penalty.