Warner/Bartelstein: NEW OFFER TO CARDS!! (reasonable)

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Warner will stay in Arizona!!!....the news will be out by friday night!:) hopefully!!!
You cant even spell Arizona? Where is canuck, you're setting a bad example for his countrymen? :)

btw- newbs buy and I'll have two jumbo slices of buffalo chicken pizza and a large cherry coke

kjbad

Reaction score
Favre is retired is he not? Smith and Russell are only in there because they were the #1 overall pick.

Note that I said were, past tense from last season. Smith made an awful lot of $$$ for nothing, and Russell at least showed some improvement. These salaries impacted Warner's asking price, that's for sure.

kjbad

Reaction score
To be fair, 2 of those guys have high salaries because they were the 1st overall pick. Fellow 1st overall picks Joe Thomas and Jake Long make comparable money.

It's all good for Warner, it simply drives up the average when he asks for a top 5 salary. We can debate the merits of these guys earning their $$$, but they all cash their checks.

kjbad

Reaction score
??? Dont let facts get in the way Fitz is getting paid one of the richest contracts for a WR in NFL history...

The Cards restructured because they had to or else they tank their salary cap. Fitz made the $$$ by hitting the incentives that Graves obviously did not think he would hit, and then he held all the cards (pun intended) when he got the team to give him his new killer contract to save their salary cap.
They can't even franchise him or they INSTANTLY have to pay him $23M! That's not because the Cards are generous, it's because they had ZERO LEVERAGE and had to cave.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well you got me there, I certainly can't argue that point, yes I do want to go back to losing how did you guess?

The point is what Kurt is doing is NOT helping us pick up where he left off. His negotiation is just making it harder for us to redo other contracts and sign FA's.

If he's so concerned with Boldin why don't his agent and Boldin's agent team up and negotiate together to get it done quicker?

Baloney. This isn't like Fitz' deal where we had no room until it was finished. The worst case scenario is his deal takes up about half of our remaining cap room. We can do any deal we want to do. Using Warner as an excuse for our FOs inactivity is lame, IMO.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What are you too good for your home Kurt????

You must be registered for see images

This crap is pissing me off, sign already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
The Cards restructured because they had to or else they tank their salary cap. Fitz made the $$$ by hitting the incentives that Graves obviously did not think he would hit, and then he held all the cards (pun intended) when he got the team to give him his new killer contract to save their salary cap.
They can't even franchise him or they INSTANTLY have to pay him $23M! That's not because the Cards are generous, it's because they had ZERO LEVERAGE and had to cave.
Yawn, chicken or the egg.

Seriously if the Cards were so cheap the couldv'e just cut him right? Why dont you look up the ranknigs of all the NFL team's outstanding payroll and tell us again how "cheap" this team is...

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It does seem like Graves has a big mouth. He promised Q a new contract, right? Saying this to Warner would not seem out of character.

The problem is...when it comes time to put his money where his mouth is, he hedges.

Graves is good in other ways. He's calm and steady in the midst of crises, but he's passive aggressive at best...and his deals and promises of deals keep getting the Cardinals into trouble.

I admire Rod Graves in many, many ways. But negotiating contracts is not his strong suit. When we lost the salary cap guy a while back, it seems like it takes forever and a day to get these contracts done. And do we ever get our first-rounder to camp on time?

Regarding his promises, things really did change last season when the Fitz thing blew up in their face. This offseason that legitimate reason(excuse) is gone. Get it done with A-Dub and Anquan!!!

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Sounds eerily reminiscent & similar what Boldin has been saying. Is there a common theme here?

No not at all, IIRC Q was offered a chance to negoiate a new deal and him and Rosenhoser wanted to wait until after the Fitz deal was done. RG then told them he couldn't make any promises that they would be able to do it later, but were willing to do it now. They decided to wait and here we are, they are still waiting. Because Q has zero leverage the only way he seees more $ is to get it from the Cards.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05