Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think he comes back for one more.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He'll be back. Not even finishing the game and having that bad taste in his mouth confirms it at least for me :)

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I hope he comes back, but I think he and Brenda know that he is one shot away from not being able to enjoy retirment.

He just look like he was wore out yesterday and I am not sure he wants to go through another whole season. I sure hope so.

But if we don't make some serious changes on defense it won't matter.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
I think he could be back but splitting the season with Lienart

mrbyte

Be careful what you wish for.
Reaction score
I think he comes back if we can show him there will be improvement to the defence...otherwise theres no point in his return.

gamebird98

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope he comes back, but my wife did point something out in the game yesterday.....They showed him standing on the sideline, after he was pulled....he looked to be getting a little emotional...the look of a man that has played his last game.:sad:

Last edited:

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
Guys, he is done. The comment about concussions and how serious they are and how he wants to enjoy his family. Also, he mentioned that he felt like players were trying to come after him to hurt him will play a part. He just will not keep pushing the envelope. He is very appreciative of his outstanding career. I just dont see him coming back.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys, he is done. The comment about concussions and how serious they are and how he wants to enjoy his family. Also, he mentioned that he felt like players were trying to come after him to hurt him will play a part. He just will not keep pushing the envelope. He is very appreciative of his outstanding career. I just dont see him coming back.

These are also my thoughts. Read between the lines, the concussion he had changed everything.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he comes back, but I don't think he will. He was contemplating retiring after boldin broke his face because he realized that could be him. He contemplates his mortality and his longevity (as a person, not a football player) in light of his concussions. He takes that hit yesterday and looks pretty dazed as he's sitting on the turf.

I think he's going to walk away, and I can't say I blame him. Yeah, it'd be great fun for everyone if he took one more run at it, but at what cost to Warner? I don't think he's got anything left to prove and I believe he thinks the risk is too great.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope he comes back. However, something in his voice sounded like "I'm pretty sure I am done".

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
11.5 million reasons he'll come back, plus an improved defense...

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

+1

He's gone.

OmeneX

\m/___\m/
Reaction score
Well. I think he comes back to finish his contract to the team and fans. It's what I would do, and I think though his family would prefer him to retire also it says something about a person to finish what they agreed to.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
I think he could be back but splitting the season with Lienart
That will NEVER happen. If he is still here, he is the #1. No ****ing questions! It would be an insult. Show this man the respect that he deserves.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
11.5 million reasons he'll come back, plus an improved defense...

Nonsense. I heard Gambo and Ash talking the other day about how his contract was for approx 20 mil, and he got 16 up front. Playing next year only gets him 4 mil. To us that's a lifetime of money, to him it's maybe not worth the risk.

I'd take nothing away from Kurt Warner if he retires. He's a sure fire first ballot hall of famer and he was absolute lightning in a bottle for 3-4 years with St. Louis and 2-3 years with us.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nonsense. I heard Gambo and Ash talking the other day about how his contract was for approx 20 mil, and he got 16 up front. Playing next year only gets him 4 mil. To us that's a lifetime of money, to him it's maybe not worth the risk.

I'd take nothing away from Kurt Warner if he retires. He's a sure fire first ballot hall of famer and he was absolute lightning in a bottle for 3-4 years with St. Louis and 2-3 years with us.

Actually it was 15 million up front according to Urban. Plus his up front money was based on a 2 year contract. If he doesn't fulfill the contract Urban stated that the team would have the right to go after and get back a pro rated amount of that signing bonus. If I was the team I sure would.

But your right I don't see that as a deciding factor for Warner he would likely not even fight it and just write the check and retire if that's what he wants to do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05