Warner Signs!!!!!!!!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good...I hope the FO didn't cave on the second year though.

I'm glad our long CardsNational nightmare is over. On to Boldin.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Trade Leinart to Tampa. They hate him there. When I wore a Leinart jersey there, I toook all kinds of grief.

Sorry Matty.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good for him. I hope he has another season like he had this year.

...I just wish he'd signed without all the drama.

LACardsJoe

Reaction score
Great News!!! Finally we can move on, it's on Sportcenter too, just saw it.

Saxon079

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2924

It took longer than expected and turned in to a bit of a soap opera, but Kurt Warner will officially be back with the Cardinals in 2009 after he agreed to a new two-year contract Wednesday.
Terms were not immediately known, but the deal is expected to be worth about $23 million.
Warner became a free agent late last week, surprisingly hitting the market. He even took a visit to San Francisco and spoke with the Cards’ division rival 49ers about signing there. He did multiple national interviews pleading his case and the back-and-forth created chaotic reaction among the fan bases of both the Cardinals and 49ers.
But after an extended negotiating session deep into Tuesday night and on to Wednesday, the Cards and Warner finally got to a contract agreement that had been anticipated since Warner said after the season he wanted to stay in Arizona.
“There is no question I want to finish my career as an Arizona Cardinal,” Warner said a couple days after the Super Bowl. “If I am going to play, I don’t want it to be anywhere else.”
Warner had a fantastic season at age 37, completing 401-of-598 passes for 4,583 yards, 30 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions in the regular season, setting multiple franchise records in the process. He was better during the Cards’ run to the Super Bowl, completing 92-of-135 passes for 1,147 yards, 11 touchdowns and only three interceptions in four postseason games. His passer rating was 112.2.
Warner’s return wasn’t without hiccups. He expressed concern when offensive coordinator Todd Haley left to become head coach in Kansas City. Haley was replaced with passing game coordinator Mike Miller, who had been receivers coach.
Warner also wants to make sure wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who has been locked in a battle with the team about his contract, was going to play for the Cardinals in 2009.
Then came the drawn-out negotiations, when Warner did multiple national interviews saying he had felt underpaid and wanted to be paid among the top quarterbacks in the NFL.
Warner wanted to make sure he was properly compensated after his stellar 2008 season. The Cardinals, meanwhile, wanted to make sure they had their Pro Bowl signal-caller back to run an offense that had a franchise-record 427 points this season and averaged 29.5 points in the playoffs.
Warner had always left himself wiggle room, however, saying over and over he was looking for a contract number he was “comfortable” with. The Cards apparently provided such a number.

OP
OP
PoolBoy

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
but now the text that i got says...
"Cardinals sign Kurt Warner to a 2-yr deal 15 signing bonus-19 million guaranteed"

that from KTAR....

LACardsJoe

Reaction score
http://www.azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=2924

It took longer than expected and turned in to a bit of a soap opera, but Kurt Warner will officially be back with the Cardinals in 2009 after he agreed to a new two-year contract Wednesday.
Terms were not immediately known, but the deal is expected to be worth about $23 million.
Warner became a free agent late last week, surprisingly hitting the market. He even took a visit to San Francisco and spoke with the Cards’ division rival 49ers about signing there. He did multiple national interviews pleading his case and the back-and-forth created chaotic reaction among the fan bases of both the Cardinals and 49ers.
But after an extended negotiating session deep into Tuesday night and on to Wednesday, the Cards and Warner finally got to a contract agreement that had been anticipated since Warner said after the season he wanted to stay in Arizona.
“There is no question I want to finish my career as an Arizona Cardinal,” Warner said a couple days after the Super Bowl. “If I am going to play, I don’t want it to be anywhere else.”
Warner had a fantastic season at age 37, completing 401-of-598 passes for 4,583 yards, 30 touchdowns and only 14 interceptions in the regular season, setting multiple franchise records in the process. He was better during the Cards’ run to the Super Bowl, completing 92-of-135 passes for 1,147 yards, 11 touchdowns and only three interceptions in four postseason games. His passer rating was 112.2.
Warner’s return wasn’t without hiccups. He expressed concern when offensive coordinator Todd Haley left to become head coach in Kansas City. Haley was replaced with passing game coordinator Mike Miller, who had been receivers coach.
Warner also wants to make sure wide receiver Anquan Boldin, who has been locked in a battle with the team about his contract, was going to play for the Cardinals in 2009.
Then came the drawn-out negotiations, when Warner did multiple national interviews saying he had felt underpaid and wanted to be paid among the top quarterbacks in the NFL.
Warner wanted to make sure he was properly compensated after his stellar 2008 season. The Cardinals, meanwhile, wanted to make sure they had their Pro Bowl signal-caller back to run an offense that had a franchise-record 427 points this season and averaged 29.5 points in the playoffs.
Warner had always left himself wiggle room, however, saying over and over he was looking for a contract number he was “comfortable” with. The Cards apparently provided such a number.

LOL, beat me to it, barely :D

AzWins23

Reaction score
Text message from KTAR 2 year deal 15 million signing bonus, 19 million guaranteed

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Good for him. I hope he has another season like he had this year.

...I just wish he'd signed without all the drama.

Good news! Yeah, there was some drama. But I also believe the Cards went in low with only a one yr. deal in mind. It wasn't acceptable to retain an All-Pro who helped lead you to the first anything since 1947.:thumbup:

LACardsJoe

Reaction score
Text message from KTAR 2 year deal 15 million signing bonus, 19 million guaranteed

Hmmm, John Clayton ESPN was stated as saying 2 years, 23 million, 12 guaranteed. Well at least the man is signed, the terms are what they are. We need to lock up Q now and give Edge his release. Be nice to keep them both though. Can you smell another SB run?

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
How much longer does Matt have on his deal? 2 years? So in 2 yrs the Cards could potentially loses their 2 QBs, spent a ton of money, and have ungatz. Va bene