We Are Coming

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello Diamond Back fans. I am an Airizona Cardinal Football fan from their days in Chicago but also a die hard Cub fan. Get ready cause here we come. This is not the same old Cubs you saw early in the year. Our pitchers are pitching and our bombers are bombing. You will see Big Z (18 wins) and Ted Lilly (15 wins) for the first two games. Our players are healthy and Soriano just hit his 10th leadoff HR and 33rd HR and set a new Cub record for HR in September (13 I think). Bring it on and bring your best.

What a year for me. The Cubs win the division and the Cards beat up on Pittsburg in a two day period. Do you have any idea what it is like to be an Airizona Cards and Chicago Cubs fan? I can tell you that you do not want to go there.

Go Cubs Go!!!!!!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Here come the Cub fans. Crawling out of their holes. "No franchise has suffered more than ours". Wrong! Every franchise has to suffer through your whining and moaning.

Excuses are for losers and the Cubs are full of excuses.

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Here come the Cub fans. Crawling out of their holes. "No franchise has suffered more than ours". Wrong! Every franchise has to suffer through your whining and moaning.

Excuses are for losers and the Cubs are full of excuses.

We are not making excuses. We are coming as Division winners. I have never once made an excuse. We have just had lousy teams if you want to call that an excuse have at it. Your team did not exactly run away with the division.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
We are not making excuses. We are coming as Division winners. I have never once made an excuse. We have just had lousy teams if you want to call that an excuse have at it. Your team did not exactly run away with the division.

Our team has the best record in the NL. Your team won a division about as much as all the other teams lost it. Our division had 4 teams with winning records and 3 that will end with a better record than you. If you were in our division, you wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Someone had to win the central. Too bad the Rockies and Padres deserve the post season more than your team.

$300 million sure doesn't go as far as it used to.

This year, no excuses. No Bartman, no goat. No curse. I used to love the Cubs growing up. Ryne Sandberg is still my all-time favorite player. But I am tired of the mystical excuses conjured by cubs fans (yourself excluded) for their woes.

Good luck to your team. If they beat us, I will root for them. But being the Central Division champs does not necessarily equate with being a good team.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello Diamond Back fans. I am an Airizona Cardinal Football fan from their days in Chicago but also a die hard Cub fan. Get ready cause here we come. This is not the same old Cubs you saw early in the year. Our pitchers are pitching and our bombers are bombing. You will see Big Z (18 wins) and Ted Lilly (15 wins) for the first two games. Our players are healthy and Soriano just hit his 10th leadoff HR and 33rd HR and set a new Cub record for HR in September (13 I think). Bring it on and bring your best.

What a year for me. The Cubs win the division and the Cards beat up on Pittsburg in a two day period. Do you have any idea what it is like to be an Airizona Cards and Chicago Cubs fan? I can tell you that you do not want to go there.

Go Cubs Go!!!!!!!
Pitchers are pitching? Good for them. :shrug:

:)

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Predictions, cub fans?

Here is mine, D-Backs in 4. I would say 3, but that would be just a slap in the face.

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Our team has the best record in the NL. Your team won a division about as much as all the other teams lost it. Our division had 4 teams with winning records and 3 that will end with a better record than you. If you were in our division, you wouldn't even be in the playoffs.

Someone had to win the central. Too bad the Rockies and Padres deserve the post season more than your team.

$300 million sure doesn't go as far as it used to.

This year, no excuses. No Bartman, no goat. No curse. I used to love the Cubs growing up. Ryne Sandberg is still my all-time favorite player. But I am tired of the mystical excuses conjured by cubs fans (yourself excluded) for their woes.

Good luck to your team. If they beat us, I will root for them. But being the Central Division champs does not necessarily equate with being a good team.

Seems to me the World Series Champion from last year came out of the Central Division and had the worst record of all the winners (83). Do not crow just yet. I would wait until your fat lady sang. The best team does not always win in a short series. I think the Mets easily had the best team on paper but they are sitting at home drinking with the worst collapse in baseball history. Our goat, black cat, and Steve Bartman all moved to NYC. I do like your former Manger as our TV announcer and hope he does not leave for some managerial job like the Mets. Be glad you do not play the Rockies at their park. If you can somehow get Big Z mad you can beat him as he has a real nasty temper and tends to lose it when angered. He punched out our catcher this year who was traded to the Padres the next day. I am counting on your youth to fail under the pressure of a playoff.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Seems to me the World Series Champion from last year came out of the Central Division and had the worst record of all the winners (83). Do not crow just yet. I would wait until your fat lady sang. The best team does not always win in a short series. I think the Mets easily had the best team on paper but they are sitting at home drinking with the worst collapse in baseball history. Our goat, black cat, and Steve Bartman all moved to NYC. I do like your former Manger as our TV announcer and hope he does not leave for some managerial job like the Mets. Be glad you do not play the Rockies at their park. If you can somehow get Big Z mad you can beat him as he has a real nasty temper and tends to lose it when angered. He punched out our catcher this year who was traded to the Padres the next day. I am counting on your youth to fail under the pressure of a playoff.

People have been waiting for our youth to crumble all year long. Just ask Tony Gwynn. He's been predicting our downfall all season. The fact is that these kids have alot of talent and they seem to rally at just the right time. I don't think anyone can predict how they will respond because they have been unpredictable all season long.

For example: We sweep the Phillies in Philly, but lose 2 of 3 to the Pirates. Just no way to know which team shows up.

Last edited:
OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Predictions, cub fans?

Here is mine, D-Backs in 4. I would say 3, but that would be just a slap in the face.

Any line on game 1 or 2 yet? Of course my line is Cubs in 5. How is your attendance? I saw on your site that tickets were available. The Cubs set a 100 year attendance record and I think had the best attendance at away games of any team in baseball. We had more fans in the seats at both Cincy and the Marlins than the home teams did. I bet in AZ we will have a lot of Cub fans in the seats also. If you like I will send you the words to "Go Cubs Go" our theme song. Would you like one of our Division Champ caps?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the board John, should be a great series with the Cubs eventually falling alongside the road :)

SunCityCarl

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Welcome John!! Great Cards WIN on Sunday!! Nothing personal, but D-Backs in 4 games..
2007 Cubs Excuse (1): The Z-Man breaks his mirror while shaving goes ballistic & it's wait till 2014! (jk!)

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Just don't be drunk and talk :soapbox:. I know that as a Cubs fan, this will be almost impossible for you, but figured I'd just ask.

I almost punched some guy at a Cubs/Dbacks game a month ago because of all the crap he said. Looking back on it, I kinda regret that I didn't hit him, while the Dbacks win was worth it, he made the experience from from the 7th inning on a pain. That and he spilled beer on my sister.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i hope the d'backs destroy the cubs - i used to like them as an impressionable youth, but the more i've grown the more i've seen them for who they are

their fans (on the whole) tend to be as obnoxious as they come as well

2003 really put a whole new light on a lot of them - i'm just disapointed milwaukee didn't take advantage of all this cubs losing

anyhow, still plenty of tickets available - get out and support your d'backs (i may just jump on the bandwagon if I have any $$ left) and shut down chicago

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
their fans (on the whole) tend to be as obnoxious as they come as well

You can say that about any team your guys play right? We all aren't obnoxious.

Actually, I am in a strange circumstance here...one which I hoped would not happen. I want the Cubs to win badly but I really love the Dbacks as well...went to 14 games this year and watched most others on TV. This team is fun so while I would be disappointed the Cubs lost, it wouldn't be crushing like 2003.

Speaking of 2003, I hope none of you ever have to go through that (especially the Cards fans on the board).

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
I'm a marlins fan so 2003 was awesome and I hope everyone does get the chance to experience that (except cubs fans and mets fans)

there are many groups of fans I actually enjoy - twins fans are some of the best i've ever been around for any sport

although not everyone fits the mold, there are broad cross sections that do fit a mold

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seems to me the World Series Champion from last year came out of the Central Division and had the worst record of all the winners (83).

Ya, because thats always a good guideline to judge things on.. Tell me.. Before that NL Central World Champs won it all, did a team from that same division win it all the year before?

Stupid is as stupid does..

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I grew up a Cubs fan in Illinois. Cub Management destroyed the love I had for the team. Cub fans in Arizona cemented that.

Dbacks will destroy the Scrubs, and their obnoxious fans.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05