We Are Coming

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My aunt is a Cubs fan.. Its obnoxious the way she speaks about the cubs.. like they are entitled to something.. They aint won ****!

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
Diehard Sox fan here....native chicagoan.

Let me just tell you.......

the

Cubs...

won't win

A

GAME!

They have a very over-rated group of players....no pitching....and havn't succeeded in beating good teams. I still cannot figure how they are favored to win the first series but whatever.

Cub fans have always been a gang on obnoxius losers that seem to like losing. Its part of their cute little image---goes well with the shirtless frat boys and the Bum they dress up in a uniform to yell WooWoo

They are the the worst team in profesional sports and futhermore a disgrace to the great city of Chicago. Just a sorry group of bums....

Go D-Backs

Nash2Amare

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I hope we murder them. Shut them up, annoying bastards. No taking ish from those clowns who haven't won a thing since 1908. F em

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
I still haven't seen many Cub fans give a prediction. Sad, really. I stand by D-Backs in 4. I'll give the Cubs the benefit of one win, although I don't think they deserve it.

Is there any more pathetic group of Sports Fans than Cub fan? The only time it was cool to be a Cub fan, is if you were ditching High School and caught a foul ball while on TV... and you friend's Ferrari was being taken for a joyride.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
I hope we murder them. Shut them up, annoying bastards. No taking ish from those clowns who haven't won a thing since 1908. F em

Agreed. Even though my sweet old Grandmother is a Cubs fan and anytime before August 26th I would have respect and pity for the Cubs and their long suffering fans. That was until I met their fans, now I hope they hit the century mark and then some.

Keep suffering drunkards.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score
Agreed. Even though my sweet old Grandmother is a Cubs fan and anytime before August 26th I would have respect and pity for the Cubs and their long suffering fans. That was until I met their fans, now I hope they hit the century mark and then some.

Keep suffering drunkards.

This is the biggest misconception of the Cub fans......they are not "long-suffereing" at all. Anyone who thinks this teams' ballpark is filled with 95 year olds is insane. The place is the ludest, stink ridden barn in the whole miswest.....its all kids who want to be seen. The day I call those Johnny-come-latelys "long suffering" is the day I put a Cowboy Jersey on.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the biggest misconception of the Cub fans......they are not "long-suffereing" at all. Anyone who thinks this teams' ballpark is filled with 95 year olds is insane. The place is the ludest, stink ridden barn in the whole miswest.....its all kids who want to be seen. The day I call those Johnny-come-latelys "long suffering" is the day I put a Cowboy Jersey on.
The ballpark holds 36,000 tops. While it is correct to say the Wrigley faithful (and most of the Arizona Cubfan contingentat Chase) are swine, most Cubfans I know are not.

So there.

:)

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Welcome to the board John, should be a great series with the Cubs eventually falling alongside the road :)

Any real fan is going to think his team will win. I am no different. You could be the 1929 Yankees and I would expect to win. Actually in a 5 game series if one team has 3 good pitchers they can win regardless of other things. Good pitching generally beats good hitting. We go with Zambrano, Lilly, and Hill. All are well above average. Your Ace will be tough but after that I think your pitching is just above average and your pen cannot stack up against Marmol, Howry, and Dempster. The west probably has not seen much of Marmol and Howry but you might be somewhat surprised. I think Marmol has an ERA under 1.0 and can get the ball up there at 98 or more. After all is said and done it will be played out on the field so may the best team win.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any real fan is going to think his team will win. I am no different. You could be the 1929 Yankees and I would expect to win. Actually in a 5 game series if one team has 3 good pitchers they can win regardless of other things. Good pitching generally beats good hitting. We go with Zambrano, Lilly, and Hill. All are well above average. Your Ace will be tough but after that I think your pitching is just above average and your pen cannot stack up against Marmol, Howry, and Dempster. The west probably has not seen much of Marmol and Howry but you might be somewhat surprised. I think Marmol has an ERA under 1.0 and can get the ball up there at 98 or more. After all is said and done it will be played out on the field so may the best team win.

Have you seen his stat lately? Ugh. :) Check Valverde's stats. :)

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ya, because thats always a good guideline to judge things on.. Tell me.. Before that NL Central World Champs won it all, did a team from that same division win it all the year before?

Stupid is as stupid does..

Dude have you looked at what Houston did out of the central before the Cards?

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score

You lost me when you included Dumpster in your argument. He sucks. Anyone would tell you that. Lyon, Pena, and Valverde can go against anyone in the league.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like John h and all, but why are we welcoming him? He had been on the board longer than I have.

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
these cub fans sure sound alot like some steeler fans i heard on sunday and we all saw how that turned out

You will find a lot of Cub fans who are Football Cardinal fans as that is where the Cardinals originated. I watched many Chicago Cards football games in Wrigley Field which was their home field in the early 40's. I was probably a football Cardinal fan before you were born. Do you even know who the Dream Backfield was? Did you know that the Pittsburg Steelers and the Chicago Cardinals were combined into one team during the war? As to beating Pittsburg I watch each and every Cards game on Direct and have been a football Cardinal fan since 1943 and follow them as closely as anyone.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
You will find a lot of Cub fans who are Football Cardinal fans as that is where the Cardinals originated. I watched many Chicago Cards football games in Wrigley Field which was their home field in the early 40's. I was probably a football Cardinal fan before you were born. Do you even know who the Dream Backfield was? Did you know that the Pittsburg Steelers and the Chicago Cardinals were combined into one team during the war? As to beating Pittsburg I watch each and every Cards game on Direct and have been a football Cardinal fan since 1943 and follow them as closely as anyone.

Rock on! :newcards:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Sports Illustrated Rankings

3) Diamondbacks. With 90 wins, the D-Backs set the record for fewest victories for the top team in a league since the advent of the 162-game schedule. Hardly anyone thought they'd get this far (OK, I'll take my bow now; before the season I had D-Backs vs. Tigers in the World Series). There's something about them. Like the other National League teams that are in, they earned it with a strong finish (15-9 in September, not counting the two throwaway games at the end against Colorado). Some will call them lucky, but their unexpectedly strong relief corps gives them hope in close games, and that's not about luck. They won what was by far the NL's toughest division, and, for what it's worth, keep this in mind if they advance: They were 4-2 vs. the Cubs and 5-1 vs. Philly. Odds: 8-1

8) Cubs. That $300 million that GM Jim Hendry spent turns out to be worth every penny now that Cubs mania is back in Chicago. They have three huge hitters who can turn any game their way (Alfonso Soriano, Derrek Lee and Aramis Ramirez), a very solid rotation (though ace Carlos Zambrano has been up-and-down in his money year) and fiery manager Lou Pineilla, who's pretty good this time of year (unless he's got a 116-win team). Beyond Carlos Marmol (5-1, 1.43), though, I'd worry about that bullpen. As if they didn't have enough to think about, between the Billy Goat, Bartman and all the rest. Odds: 25-1.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neither team has a "solid" rotation. The Cubs rotation included Traschel, Marquis, and one or two guys who the Cubs started instead of Traschel down the stretch. :)

The Dbacks have Livan and Doug Davis who can be hit or miss.

OP
OP
john h

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The ballpark holds 36,000 tops. While it is correct to say the Wrigley faithful (and most of the Arizona Cubfan contingentat Chase) are swine, most Cubfans I know are not.

So there.

Mulli you need to get in touch with reality. Wrigley Field holds in excess of 41,000. In 2007 the Cubs drew 3,252,462 fans at Wrigley Field (#6). Arizona drew 2.316,507 fans at home (#20). The Cubs average was in excess of 41,000 or in other words standing room only. Arizona averaged 28,598 fans. The average for road games was Cubs 36,503 And Arizona 31,493. You did better on the road than at home? The Cubs were second only to the Yankees in road attendance. I will not be surprised to see a large Cub contingent in the stands tonight as many Chicago people apparently retire in the desert. As a football Cardinal fan I am amazed that year after year more opposition fans sometimes show up at the Cards stadium than Cards fans?

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mulli you need to get in touch with reality. Wrigley Field holds in excess of 41,000. In 2007 the Cubs drew 3,252,462 fans at Wrigley Field (#6). Arizona drew 2.316,507 fans at home (#20). The Cubs average was in excess of 41,000 or in other words standing room only. Arizona averaged 28,598 fans. The average for road games was Cubs 36,503 And Arizona 31,493. You did better on the road than at home? The Cubs were second only to the Yankees in road attendance. I will not be surprised to see a large Cub contingent in the stands tonight as many Chicago people apparently retire in the desert. As a football Cardinal fan I am amazed that year after year more opposition fans sometimes show up at the Cards stadium than Cards fans?
Funny that your alleged reality colored glasses missed that I was sticking up for cub fans with that post.

If you want to say that Wrigley hold 5K more drunkards than fine, I stand corrected.

What Yankee attendance has to do with anything, I do not know.

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score

John H.... you seem like a good amn who is just sticking up for his team...

Trippi and Angsman/Harder were the dream backfield, right?

Card/Pitt didn't win a game, I know that

But lets get something straight---- It's SOX fans that one might find rooting for the cards'. Not Cub fans.....Cubs/Bears---Northside...Sox/Cards.....southside....At Comiskey....not the dump otherwise known as wrigley field

chicards11

Registered
Reaction score

Hark!

A Cub fan that argues attendance! Well now I've seen it all!

Seriously....Cub fans rejoice in you new found happiness with making the playoffs----but you are starting to remind me more and more of the cicadas that come around every 17 years!

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05