We could have signed Drew Brees instead!

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
I would rather have him than Warner long term, yes?

JasonKGME

I'm a uncle's monkey??
Reaction score
sr7706 said:

100% healthy with no shoulder injury, yes.

With current shoulder questions un-answered, no.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would be rather curious to see how successful Brees is without Tomlinson

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
I think if I had my choice, I would have picked Brees. But, the way free agency worked, I liked being the only team able to sign Warner before March 3rd. It would have been a huge risk to go into free agency with no QB and hope to win the Brees sweepstakes. If you lost and Warner signs with another team, the Cards season would have been totally screwed. Also, Warner is cheaper this way.

Also, with Warner signed, it looks to the rest of the league that the Cards have their act together, so the early free agents would be more likely to sign here. Otherwise, many free agents would wait until the Cards QB position was determined before signing here.

FlagstaffDave

Reaction score
Nope.

I'll take Warner for the next few years, and a young QB for the future. We have our QB for the time being, why can't some people just accept that.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. Let some other team give him a huge bonus and watch his noodle arm kill their season.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nope.

I wouldn't have wanted Breeze, at the price he would have commanded, if he was healthy. With the shoulder, absolutely no way.

Signing Kurt, at the price, was a good deal for the short term. NOW they need to get a young guy in here that is the QBOF.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
sr7706 said:

No one knows how Brees serious arm surgery will effect him. We needed to sign a QB immediately and not go into the draft not knowing who would play QB. There are a number of teams that would have signed Warner. He may have been the best available FA QB. Brees may or may not be available. The Vikings are shopping Cullpepper but who is going to gamble by offering them a #1 Or #2? If he is healthy they would keep him but he will not be ready to start the season so we do not need to face that deal.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
I missed the poll, but...

let me add...

No PIE for Brees.

golfcardfan

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Heck NO!! At least we know Warner can throw the ball, Bree's is a HUGE ?????? after the surgery, not to mention he did not have a big arm before the surgery.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
the only problem i have with brees is that is his second shoulder surgery in the 2nd consected year. doesn't sound like he going to be as sharp has he has been the past couple of years.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05