We didn't deserve to win

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The number of overtly dirty plays is not large, but the Horry response gives a pretty good idea of how the Spurs view this process. Blame the victim and insist that Nash TRIED to bang his head on the table.

In a broader sense, I suppose the fact that the Spurs are so clever at cheating might be admired in some circles. The ability of the Spurs to grab without being caught and to initiate contact and then get the foul called on the opponent is really amazing. I would recommend that a training film be put together to teach everybody to play that way in a quest to turn the NBA into WWF. :rolleyes:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The number of overtly dirty plays is not large, but the Horry response gives a pretty good idea of how the Spurs view this process. Blame the victim and insist that Nash TRIED to bang his head on the table.

In a broader sense, I suppose the fact that the Spurs are so clever at cheating might be admired in some circles. The ability of the Spurs to grab without being caught and to initiate contact and then get the foul called on the opponent is really amazing. I would recommend that a training film be put together to teach everybody to play that way in a quest to turn the NBA into WWF. :rolleyes:

After that comment, Horry instantly became the most hated man in sports IMO. I already hated him after the "towel" incident. Now, I despise him.

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score

I'd recommend an extra official.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend an extra official.

Where do you put him? Do you leave two officials on either baseline? You can't have them on the court. The game is too fast and they will get run over.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you asked me, the league has a vested interest in seeing this series go 7. I'm looking for Phoenix to get the benefit of the calls in game 6.

If you ask me the league has a vested interest in the Suns winning the series. I have never heard the majority of media or fans blast David Stern more then in the last few days.

Stern's own defensive reaction on the Dan Patrick show I think is direct reflection of how bad he knows the decision was. Considering the decision is viewed by most others outside the NBA office and San Antonio Spur fans as illogical at best, I am sure Stern is praying for a Suns win.

Any other outcome will be viewed as a direct intervention on his part. It will be viewed as an outcome that he decided versus letting the players decide in on the court. Between his brilliant decision to change NBA balls and the suspension, Stern is not having a good year. When is the last time you heard people talking about replacing Stern?

F-Dog

lurker
Reaction score
It was pretty fair for the most part.
Yeah, too damn fair. Where the hell were the home calls?

How many fouls did Duncan wind up with? Two? He gets away with plays that other players wouldn't even attempt, because they know it's an automatic call. :rolleyes:

nbadan

Reaction score
If you ask me the league has a vested interest in the Suns winning the series.

The Suns will have to win this series on their own, but the league can make sure they get a fair shake in SA. The Suns have the players, but does D'Antoni have the game-plan to win 6 and 7? If not, the Suns should give PJ Carlesimo a look. Weaken SA staff and knows their weak spots.

The_Matrix

Jump Program
Reaction score
There was a play in the first half where Oberto posted up Bell. Oberto's backing down, and I'm thinking, "100% chance Bell falls down." Sure enough, Bell hits the deck, offensive foul!!! :lol:

cly2tw

Reaction score
There was a play in the first half where Oberto posted up Bell. Oberto's backing down, and I'm thinking, "100% chance Bell falls down." Sure enough, Bell hits the deck, offensive foul!!! :lol:

Absolutely! I was thinking the same, Raja had him bagged in!:D He anticipates it so well, it's uncanny. It's like what Rodman used to do with how he got to all the rebounds.

Booyah30

Reaction score
We don't deserve anything, we need to take it. If we think we deserve it then we will be let down. We need to be aggressive and not so whiny. Roll with the punches, quit complaining and beat them regardless of what they do. Let them know there is nothing they can do to stop us. "Pursue Victory with Honor"