Week 2 other games thread

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fitzpatrick is the one with the dirty hit on Chubb. The NSFL angle going around on twitter makes it look very intentional too. I swear Tomlin coaches his players to go for the knees, his Steelers always play dirty. I wouldn't be surprised if he had a bounty system going.
I wouldn’t either be surprised. And yes, Tomlin is a dirty coach. In the Steelers are a dirty franchise - always have been.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Erm, no. No they wouldn't have.
I'm gonna stand by this take, I watched that entire dumpster fire of a game. Almost any QB would have won that game doing next to nothing. Watson lost it. Watson lost two fumbles (one was a scoop and score), a pick 6, he committed two facemask penalties (knocked them out of field goal range) and 6 sacks. Whenever he left the pocket it looked like he was running with bricks strapped to his feet. He did that a lot trying to extend the play so he could play hero ball and I don't remember it working once. Usually resulted in a throw away or a sack. I don't think he has trained his running at all since his last game with the Texans. He used to run like a track athlete, now he looks less mobile than Brady or Rodgers. His entire game at the Texans was running around defenders until someone deep got open, that is completely gone.

He had an impressive completion on a high pressure 3rd down and a 25 yard strike to Cooper; the rest was garbage and self inflicted wounds. Watson's ball placement looked like Clayton Tune's, his deep ball is garbage. He had several easy misses that I think Dobbs would have completed at a higher rate. I KNOW Dobbs scrambling would have been much more effective and I think Dobbs would have been content with the easier completions instead of playing hero ball.

The Steelers defense is good, but most of this game was on Watson being the worst QB in the league. The Browns running game, even without Chubb, would have carried them to victory with almost any other QB. The Browns OL gave him a lot more time than Pickett got. Even with Watson's garbage play the Browns had 20 first downs to 9 Steelers first downs and ran 30 more plays. Jacoby Brisset wins that game, Josh Dobbs wins that game, Baker Mayfield or Justin Fields definitely win that game. $250 million guaranteed is the only reason Watson isn't going to get benched.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna stand by this take, I watched that entire dumpster fire of a game. Almost any QB would have won that game doing next to nothing. Watson lost it. Watson lost two fumbles (one was a scoop and score), a pick 6, he committed two facemask penalties (knocked them out of field goal range) and 6 sacks. Whenever he left the pocket it looked like he was running with bricks strapped to his feet. He did that a lot trying to extend the play so he could play hero ball and I don't remember it working once. Usually resulted in a throw away or a sack. I don't think he has trained his running at all since his last game with the Texans. He used to run like a track athlete, now he looks less mobile than Brady or Rodgers. His entire game at the Texans was running around defenders until someone deep got open, that is completely gone.

He had an impressive completion on a high pressure 3rd down and a 25 yard strike to Cooper; the rest was garbage and self inflicted wounds. Watson's ball placement looked like Clayton Tune's, his deep ball is garbage. He had several easy misses that I think Dobbs would have completed at a higher rate. I KNOW Dobbs scrambling would have been much more effective and I think Dobbs would have been content with the easier completions instead of playing hero ball.

The Steelers defense is good, but most of this game was on Watson being the worst QB in the league. The Browns running game, even without Chubb, would have carried them to victory with almost any other QB. The Browns OL gave him a lot more time than Pickett got. Even with Watson's garbage play the Browns had 20 first downs to 9 Steelers first downs and ran 30 more plays. Jacoby Brisset wins that game, Josh Dobbs wins that game, Baker Mayfield or Justin Fields definitely win that game. $250 million guaranteed is the only reason Watson isn't going to get benched.

Clearly all those massages were making him a better runner

OP
OP
Ronin

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Put in a claim...

I did too but I was 3rd in line so I wound up getting Zach Moss instead who replaced Deon Jackson who cost me my game last week by being moved from starter to special teams because Moss was elevated to starter. We were out of town and I didn't see the move so I didn't adjust my lineup. That and sitting Daniel Jones for Tua cost me.

0-2 and looking terrible

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I did too but I was 3rd in line so I wound up getting Zach Moss instead who replaced Deon Jackson who cost me my game last week by being moved from starter to special teams because Moss was elevated to starter. We were out of town and I didn't see the move so I didn't adjust my lineup. That and sitting Daniel Jones for Tua cost me.

0-2 and looking terrible
I'm 2-0 in a deep league.

I missed out on the waiver claim last week for Nacua, but the guy waived Kirk to get him so I happily scooped him up LOL.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I'm 2-0 in a deep league.

I missed out on the waiver claim last week for Nacua, but the guy waived Kirk to get him so I happily scooped him up LOL.
I'm 0-2 with this lineup...and Bills Defense.

Freaking Burrow and Goedert are killing me...and the Jets not using Breeze Hall.

You must be registered for see images attach

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I'm 0-2 with this lineup...and Bills Defense.

Freaking Burrow and Goedert are killing me...and the Jets not using Breeze Hall.

Cowboys defense is really helping me out. Lamar has been a slight disappointment. Drake London rolled a goose egg in week one. My league is slanted WR

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Cowboys defense is really helping me out. Lamar has been a slight disappointment. Drake London rolled a goose egg in week one. My league is slanted WR
I have London on my bench. Just waiting for him to be more predictable with scoring.