Week 2 Snap Counts and Positive Vibes

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Offensive Comments

Snap counts are a little odd because of the blowout but great to see McBride and MHJ getting max(ish) reps as our best playmakers.

Tip and Higgins playing 50% snaps highlights the Cardinals plan for winning time. This is probably the high end of what we will see from them when all 3 are healthy but they got work in.

The Benson and Demercado splits continue to show that Beson is Conner's running backup and Demercado is the pass down support. Indicated here.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see that Demercado is running routes on almost half of his snaps. Benson almost at 25%.

Dortch's usage also highlights the decrease in 11 personnel when leading vs a smaller front.

That is pretty much it. Awesome to see backups getting work due to a blowout win vs blowout loss.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Defensive comments.

DB usage will generally see an increase in these situations where you are playing with a lead and vs a team that runs mostly 11 personnel regardless.

SMB and Garrett Williams paced the the CB room. I don't know if that is just the Rams playing almost all snaps out of 11 personnel or more. My guess is it is. Because of this, I wonder if the Cardinals are taking a "hot hand" approach with STV and Melton for the #2 CB spot.

Justin Jones continues to generate good rep volume for a defensive lineman. Only front 5 player (DL and EDGE) to play more that 60% of snaps.

Mack Wilson played 44%. This seems strange as I felt he had a very good week 1, but my guess is they played more dime once the lead got large and didn't use him as a pass rusher.

Okwara got some snaps. Great to see.

Nichols continued to get less than 50% of DL reps. Wonder if this opens a door for reps for Darius Robinson once he is off IR.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Offensive Comments

Snap counts are a little odd because of the blowout but great to see McBride and MHJ getting max(ish) reps as our best playmakers.

Tip and Higgins playing 50% snaps highlights the Cardinals plan for winning time. This is probably the high end of what we will see from them when all 3 are healthy but they got work in.

The Benson and Demercado splits continue to show that Beson is Conner's running backup and Demercado is the pass down support. Indicated here.

You must be registered for see images attach

You can see that Demercado is running routes on almost half of his snaps. Benson almost at 25%.

Dortch's usage also highlights the decrease in 11 personnel when leading vs a smaller front.

That is pretty much it. Awesome to see backups getting work due to a blowout win vs blowout loss.

i was wondering if the lambs were keying in on benson when he came in - but the snaps show petzing ran each rb about 50% of the time they were in the game - benson included

benson danced and was indecisive - and there were a couple runs he didn't have a chance at all with defenders in the backfield immediately

i still think the kid is going to be a good one

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
i was wondering if the lambs were keying in on benson when he came in - but the snaps show petzing ran each rb about 50% of the time they were in the game - benson included

benson danced and was indecisive - and there were a couple runs he didn't have a chance at all with defenders in the backfield immediately

i still think the kid is going to be a good one
It is definitely a run key after two weeks, but could turn into a great play action decoy as well. We will see.