Week 5 Snap Counts and Positive Vibes

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thoughts on the offense.

Lots of TEs. McBride played 88% of snaps, Tip 45%, and Higgins 41%. Congrats to Tip who made a decent impact this game. Noticed his blocking and saw him get his first catch. Higgins with a big TD.

A lot of WRs, but not a lot of snaps for anyone. 5 WRs got snaps this game but none more than MHJs 76%. Dortch got relegated due to the TE usage at only 41%. Pascal getting 17% and Moore getting 14% is new.

Conner is probably feeling it after this one. 79% of snaps. Demercado gave him a little break.

No Benson. Not shocking due to the game script. It's going to be tough for him to see the field in games the Cardinals trail early and often because he doesn't play pass downs and he can be a key for run plays.

Colon came in for Hernandez. Seemed to do ok.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Thoughts on defense.

Wild rotation of players. 20 players got snaps on defense. All 20 over 19% and 19 played 30% or more.

Players over 80% of snaps. Mack Wilson. Kyzir White. SMB. Jalen Thompson. Budda Baker. Not shocking that those are the Cardinals best defensive players right now.

CB reps. Garrett Williams being out opened up reps for Melton. Season high 50% for him. SV5 got 52% so the gap was closed a bit. Keitrel Clark played 33%.

3 S sets? Budda and Jalen played 100% and 98% respectively, but the big change was DTD getting 34% of snaps.

EDIT: One extra point. LJ Collier and Roy Lopez paced the front 5 group with 59% and 56% respectively.

EDIT: An extra, extra point. Either Xavier Thomas got missed by PFR again or he did not get a snap on defense which is kinda wild due to how many players got snaps.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pretty condensed target share with MHJ, Wilson and McBride gobbling up 21 of 27 targets.

Tip ran 4 routes and got one target. Nice to see. Higgins ran a route on 10 of 24 snaps so they do use him to block more than most would think.

This continues to highlight Demercado's role. 13 snaps and 9 routes run.

Pascal and Moore are pretty much just in for blocking.

OP
OP
Chopper0080

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don't think I am going to do the rookie snap count thing this week, but I do want to highlight some rookie performances from week 5.

Max Melton. Played a season high in snaps. Targeted once and gave up a completion for 8 yards but two assisted tackles and none missed. The missed tackles matter (IMO) because it seems like Rallis and Gannon really focus on that. 4th game in a row with 0 missed tackles.

DTD. also played a season high in snaps. The 49ers targeted him 5 times so they did go after him. Only allowed 2 catches for a total of 12 yards. Allowed a 40% completion % and 47.9% QB rating. 2 PDs which is great and zero missed tackles in three opportunities. I hope to see more 3 S sets.

Just the Tip. His blocking was highlighted on the Kyler run. I will mention again that he ran 4 routes and then caught his one target. It matters for a guy like him. Nice game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
CB reps. Garrett Williams being out opened up reps for Melton. Season high 50% for him. SV5 got 52% so the gap was closed a bit. Keitrel Clark played 33%.

It's crazy that we've invested so many resources at DB and it still seems like we need help there. I guess we just said "Aiyuk is gonna have to beat us", but we were a high ankle sprain away from Kei'Trel Clark being back on the field.

EDIT: An extra, extra point. Either Xavier Thomas got missed by PFR again or he did not get a snap on defense which is kinda wild due to how many players got snaps.

He was a healthy inactive. Again, fifth round pick so whatever you get out of him is bonus, but you'd love to get something out of him.

Pretty condensed target share with MHJ, Wilson and McBride gobbling up 21 of 27 targets.

Yeah. I'm not concerned about Wilson's development to this point because he's a third option in this offense pretty clearly.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake