Week 9 Snap Counts and some thoughts

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
LOL - if anyone is blowing it out of proportion, it is you. It is not the same as a normal QB sneak, and no, we don't want our newly-back from injury QB doing it.

It is a specialized play that everyone knows you are doing it. A larger QB has an advantage.
Okay, sure.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Tush Push has no secondary option and requires no QB skills. There is no trick, the defense always knows exactly what’s coming. It’s all about driving your legs forward for 3 feet and taking a hit. It works for the Eagles because their OL is the best in the league and Hurts is massive.

I would prefer it if a fullback was in at QB whenever we run that play. I don’t see any advantage to having your QB run it. In the Vikings/49ers game Purdy ran it for a 1st and took a massive headshot from a linebacker. He threw 2 picks in the next two drives, lost the game, and spent the week in concussion protocol.

Good point. Everybody knows it's coming. Why risk your quarterback? Put Fotu back there. He knows about a rugby scrum.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Defensively.

1 - Have a week BJ Ojulari. Matched Collins snaps for the most by an EDGE player at 52%.

2 - I am guessing a lot of nickel and dime this week. Josh Woods played 46% of snaps as the 2nd most by an ILB.

3 - 1st week in a while IIRC no CB played more than 80% of snaps. Garrett Williams tied for 2nd with 72 and two less than Marco.

4 - Starling Thomas played 51% of snaps which makes 6 DBs playing over 50%.

5 - Strong, Stills, and Ledbetter seem to be our starting front 3. I am not sure any of these three should be "starters" at the NFL level, but I feel like they could all contribute in a rotation on a decent roster.
Definitely agree here. I've seen some glimpses of ability from all three. This is why if I'm Monti, I'm driving a Brinks truck to Christian Wilkins house in Miami to get him to come to Arizona. I'm also considering moving up from Houstons pick to get Newton. Wilkins, Newton, Strong, Ledbetter, and Stills is a solid DL group.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Anyone else feel like Conner will get an extension this offseason? I actually feel like his relationship with Kyler is more meaningful to the organization than Marquise Brown's.
I'd honestly think about it, but I'd make it full of fluff and funny money.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Subbing Kyler out for the sneak or tush push has ZERO to do with skill and more to do with size and the fact he just came back from a major knee injury. How one can come to the conclusion he isn’t the QB of the future because of that is silly.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
To be fair , in rugby , it’s actually illegal to intentionally collapse a scrum or maul due to safety concerns. There is no rule in football that protects the players in this situation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be fair , in rugby , it’s actually illegal to intentionally collapse a scrum or maul due to safety concerns. There is no rule in football that protects the players in this situation.
Didn't know that! Thanks! So it's even more of a risk in the NFL.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't agree on the QBOTF thing but you got to do the sneak. I can't think of any other QB in the league who has a stunt double for sneaks. SOunded like Kyler didn't want to come out in the presser so hopefully it's just an "Only just back" thing.

Plus Tune for a gust of wind away from fumbling his one touch.
Didn’t taysom hill come in for a diminutive brees?

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Subbing Kyler out for the sneak or tush push has ZERO to do with skill and more to do with size and the fact he just came back from a major knee injury. How one can come to the conclusion he isn’t the QB of the future because of that is silly.
You and @urs are a riot. I said "if he can't." I also said I think it's the coaches not wanting him to and that he wants to himself. Ergo, that he could. In no world did I say he isn't actually the QBotF. But go on with your bad hating self lol

• Disagree
Reactions: urs

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok lol. Honestly man, take the L. You had a bad take, which in itself is quite common for you if I’m being honest. And you know what man, it’s alright we all say dumb poo from time to time.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Seriously. Other teams are mad because they can't do it. All you need is a hall of fame center and a quarterback made from chiseled granite.

What's the problem?

Yet, many other teams have done it successfully. Hell, the Eagles are only 81% on it so it's not like that are unstoppable. They were 92% on it last year so teams are already getting better at defending it. Traditional QB sneaks have an 86% success rate.

And what's all this crap about Hurts being big? He's 6' 1" and 220lb. That's average.

It's a legit play within the rules of the game and whiners are just sore that some teams are better at it than others.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't agree on the QBOTF thing but you got to do the sneak. I can't think of any other QB in the league who has a stunt double for sneaks. SOunded like Kyler didn't want to come out in the presser so hopefully it's just an "Only just back" thing.

Plus Tune for a gust of wind away from fumbling his one touch.
Bryce Young never does qb sneaks. The Panthers did sub him out before

Last edited: