Wells thinks he'll play against Baltimore

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wells confident he'll play

Cardinals RB Beanie Wells went on the radio Wednesday
morning brimming with confidence that his knee injury won't
keep him out Week 8 at Baltimore. "It's just a matter of
controlling the swelling," Wells told 620-AM in Phoenix.
"It's just a day by day thing. Hopefully I'm out there on
Sunday and I personally think I will be."

I think I heard this before and he didn't play.
:shrug:

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He was saying the same thing right before the Seattle game too.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well the good news may be that it isn't serious and perhaps he could be ready for the home game against the Rams on November 6.

kolb2fitz

Reaction score
Wells is enjoying a pretty good season minus the injuries....

given that we're 1-5 and barring a tiny miracle, will probably we 1-6 after sunday-- do the cards really want to rush him back?

have smith and lsh carry the load

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
He was saying the same thing right before the Seattle game too.
BUt this is a different type of injury and may be more of a pain tolerance issue. With the hammy it could have gotten worse and he may missed much more time. They said there was no stuctural damage to the knee and if the swelling is down, I see no reason why he couldn't play.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BUt this is a different type of injury and may be more of a pain tolerance issue. With the hammy it could have gotten worse and he may missed much more time. They said there was no stuctural damage to the knee and if the swelling is down, I see no reason why he couldn't play.

We'll see. I love watching him play. Him running people over and knocking off helmets is about the only joy that I've had this season.

Last edited:

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
wanting to play and being clear to play....

don't like that he plays the media game.....says he's good to the media knowing darn well that the med staff won't clear him.

like a girl saying...yea tonight's gonna be your night....then nope....then again....and again and again....

eventually you figure it out.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Wells is enjoying a pretty good season minus the injuries....

given that we're 1-5 and barring a tiny miracle, will probably we 1-6 after sunday-- do the cards really want to rush him back?

have smith and lsh carry the load

Out of concern for larod's personal safety I hope he doesn't get more than two carries. Both pitches...away from ray ray's side of the field.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Ghosts of Hearst and Jones abound.
Beanie is close to tied with Rice in Rush Yards, and leads the NFL in TD's. On a lot less carries in 2 less games.
Rice is touted as a Probowler than needs fed by the Ravens.

Let me say this Beanie Wells is not outmatched by the #1 Ravens Rush Defense. The Bean can slug it out with anyone.But his style does lean toward nicks and bruises for all involved.

Beanie Wells straight up against Suggs or Lewis, will be worth the admission price. He is gonna mess them up regadless of the score.

cardfolife

Reaction score
Let me say this Beanie Wells is not outmatched by the #1 Ravens Rush Defense. The Bean can slug it out with anyone.
Physically, he most definitely can. Mentally, I think Ray Ray can still take his soul; like he did Eddie's in all those Titans-Ravens clashes in the early 2000's

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Hey, good on Beanie. Not only did he play, but he played well. He even laid a lick on Ray Lewis once. He's still a glass RB that gets hurt a lot (like, already this season several times, missing significant time). Still, I love it when he plays and plays well, and wish he could do it 100 percent of the time, for just one season.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When is his rookie contract up? Are the Cards sure to lose him when it does come up?

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised with Beanie's effort yesterday and being fare...he has put together a very nice year so far.

Top 10 in yards per game
Top 3 in TD's

His injuries are concerning but with his running style, this will always be an issue. If he can continue fighting through them...that's a positive sign.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05