Were is the fan intensity?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
Three cheers for the security guards. I'm happy for you that you are young and full of energy, but some of us old folks can't handle standing for the entire game, and if you stand in front of me, I have to stand to see the game.

Stand up for big plays, jump up for exciting plays, but if I wanted an SRO ticket, I wouldn't have plunked down nearly $80 per game.

Then you ould folks shouldn't get tickets in the end zone. Sorry, but that is where you go to be rowdy, not to sit on your hands. If you are on the fifty yard line, then I might see your point, but this is the freaking endzone...a HOSTILE area for opposing teams. There should be no whining, crying or sitting there.

This is why I got upper level tickets as well, so I can take my family to games where they can sit and watch, not stand and be the most intolerable jackasses known to man...because that is what it takes to be in the endzone.

nurnay

whatever
Reaction score
Lloydian said:
Three cheers for the security guards. I'm happy for you that you are young and full of energy, but some of us old folks can't handle standing for the entire game, and if you stand in front of me, I have to stand to see the game.

Stand up for big plays, jump up for exciting plays, but if I wanted an SRO ticket, I wouldn't have plunked down nearly $80 per game.

Sorry, but some of the toughest stadiums to play in have people standing and cheering most of the game. While I respect your situation, I think if you can't handle standing for extended periods of time, you should stay home and watch the game. I want to see crazy energetic crowds, it's good for the team.

njlawrence

RIP, Jim
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
Well if the team does win this game, is 2-0 leading the division after beating the defending NFC champs on the road, the fan intensity will be ridiculous. The bandwagon bus will need new shocks from all the weight.

I agree with you, Brat, but the papers will be full of articles that start out with "Yes, we won, BUT....." and there will be ton of posts here that begin similarly. Sometimes, I think we have analysis parallysis when it comes to Cards wins and we seem reluctant to wallow in a win. Wins are notched on the scoreboard, not the stats column. That's for the fantasy folks.

I think we are just beginning to see unbridled enthusiasm, but even after a win at Seattle, most everybody on that bus will still try to sit near the exits.

Big Red Line

Veteran
Reaction score
I'm a fan and I'm intense. Having watched approx 700 Cardinals games in my life and having had such a burning desire to win every one that it's hard for me to sit down even if I'm watching on television, I can say that my intensity is high today. But that's always true and never more so than when the Cardinals face a challenge that if successfully met could raise them to the next level. I have no idea whether we're good enough to pull this off, but my expectations are high and I'm amped to win this game. How about you?

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My intensity is aways there when referring to my cardinals. I am just tired of all the talking. It is time for these guys to nut up and deliver a great all around performance. No more excuses. No more stupid penalties. No more missed tackles. No more blown assignments. No more bend but don't break. It is time to show these Hawks that we are hear to play.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
oh and BTW, how can anyone come to a game and sit for extended periods of time. The seats are nice but they're not THAT comfortable to sit in all game long. No disrespect to LLyodian, because I'm sure we all can appreciate any other cardinals fans spending their hard earned money. I can't take just sitting there. I am too full of energy to do so.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
Two Stand/Sit Scenarios come to mind from the home opener...

First, the section I was in, including myself and my family stood through nearly the entire game, most of the time it was due to excitment and cheering and a few times (very few) it was to see over the people in front of us...

Second scenario was to stand to see over the only guy in front of us who was standing because he was so drunk I don't think he knew where he was, he typically was standing backwards with a blank look on his face scanning the crowd...

IF you are there and expect to sit the whole game for comfort, you are nuts and probably should find a cozy sports bar or hope they televise the game so you can stay home... It is a sporting experience, it is not the Opera...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05