West Playoff seeding/results prediction thread

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
http://www.nba.com/statistics/playoff_picture.html#tbb

(1) Better winning percentage in games against each other.

(2) Better winning percentage against teams in own division (only if tied teams are in same division).

(3) Better winning percentage against teams in own conference.

(4) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in own conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).

(5) Better winning percentage against teams eligible for playoffs in opposite conference (including teams that finished the regular season tied for a playoff position).

(6) Better net result of total points scored less total points allowed against all opponents (“point differential”).
gotcha

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'll save my predictions for when the brackets are set.
It's too crazy to try an predict the final standings. Crazy i tell ya!

That's a good idea. I think I'm going to put some money on Kansas winning the 2008 NCAA tournament.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
Lakers leading the Spurs in the 4th.

If the Lakers win, Spurs slides to 5th and we get the Rockets.

:stick:

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
spurs are getting killed.

starters have been benched.

or course bowen getting dirty before he's sat down. tears away at walton.

Kody Rumin

Registered
Reaction score
Awesome. I hope that the Spurs 4th quarter struggles are becoming a real issue, not just a short-term problem over the last few games.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The Spurs loss will put the Suns a game behind SA with two games to go. The Suns hold the tie-break. The Spurs still have to play Utah.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
The Spurs loss will put the Suns a game behind SA with two games to go. The Suns hold the tie-break. The Spurs still have to play Utah.

we still have to play golden state and portland, neither of which will be an easy win. i'd rather keep the 6th seed and play houston.

bigfoot

Mystery solved.
Reaction score
I'm so confused now. I don't know who to root for anymore. :confused:
I guess from this point on, what will be will be. I'm praying that the Suns land favorable match-ups all throughout the playoffs and WIN it all.
GO :suns:!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
The #8 seed isn't even decided yet. Dallas is currently down at Seattle at the start of the 4th quarter. With Denver blowing out Houston, if the Mavericks lose then the Nuggets will be only one game back of Dallas for the #7 seed with one game to play.

The Mavericks have to play New Orleans, while Denver plays Memphis to end the regular season. If Dallas and Denver are tied, the Nuggets hold the tiebreaker by virtue of a 2-1 head to head advantage over the Mavs.

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The #8 seed isn't even decided yet. Dallas is currently down at Seattle at the start of the 4th quarter. With Denver blowing out Houston, if the Mavericks lose then the Nuggets will be only one game back of Dallas for the #7 seed with one game to play.

The Mavericks have to play New Orleans, while Denver plays Memphis to end the regular season. If Dallas and Denver are tied, the Nuggets hold the tiebreaker by virtue of a 2-1 head to head advantage over the Mavs.

That would be so sweet if dallas is 8 and lakers are 1. Dallas can win that series, but I don't think they'll lose to N.O.

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Mavs lose 99-95 to the Sonics. The Mavs led 95-89 with 3:14 left in the 4th but missed their last 8 shots.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Denver Wins
Dallas loses to SEATTLE
Lakers Win
Spurs Lose

How many teams wont know their standing until the very last game of the season?!?!

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I posted this in the GS thread, but it really belongs here:
I'm pretty sure we can move up higher than #6, but trying to figure it out gives me a headache. Here is what I have so far with current records and games remaining:

Phoenix (53-27): vs Warriors, vs Portland
Houston (54-26): at Utah, vs Clippers
San Antonio (54-26): at Sacramento, vs Utah
Utah (53-27): vs Houston, at San Antonio
New Orleans (55-25): vs Clippers, at Dallas

If each team wins only the bolded games above then we'll have a five way tie for #2, with all teams finishing at 55-27. It's not realistic to think that the Hornets are going to lose to both the Clippers and Dallas, so let's forget about them and concede New Orleans the #2. Then you would have four teams tied for the #3.

I gotta sort through the tiebreakers and see who comes out where. Suffice to say, it's pretty much still a crapshoot....

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ok, here is some info (let's assume n.o beats clippers and are out of this):

Utah head to head: 2-1 vs suns, 2-1 vs. spurs (1 game left), 1-1 vs houston (1-game left)

Houston: 2-2 vs. suns, 1-1 vs. utah (1 game left), 2-2 vs. spurs

S.A. = 1-3 vs suns, 1-2 vs. utah (1 game left), 2-2 vs. houston

pho = 3-1 vs spurs, 1-2 vs. utah, 2-2 vs. houston

I'm assuming utah beats houston tomorrow, and houston wins their final.

Also assuming suns win final 2 games (which is a huge assumption with the way they blow things).

In that case we NEED s.a. to lose at home to utah. If that happens, there is a 4 way tie, utah at 3, suns at 4, hou at 5, s.a. at 6.

OR
If s.a. loses to sac but beats utah, utah is at 4, we're at 3, hou 5, s.a. 6. Not as good. Because utah has 28 losses and it is a 3 way tie with us and hou/s.a. If s.a. wins both games they are 3 we are 6, basically same thing.

OR if houston pulls the big miracle and wins at utah tomorrow, s.a. only needs to lose one of last two doesn't matter which. In that case houston 3, utah 4, suns spurs tied at 5 (assuming s.a. only loses 1 not both). But guess what we tank to portland to get 6!

I think the way to look at things is thus:
So tomorrow I say root for houston to win and s.a. to lose, if so we can tank on wed and expect s.a. to beat utah at home.

Or the easier one
Expect utah to beat houston at home, very likely, and somehow win in s.a. on wed.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05