West side sports bars...

Reaction score
Any suggestions on a West side( 35th Ave and Bell Rd.) sports bar or restaurant to take the family and catch the home games?

Thanks.

spanky1

Reaction score
My suggestion is to get DirecTV, pay the $200.00 for the NFL Season Ticket. You'll save a ton of dough over the year. I was spending $40.00 bucks at a sports bar every week before DirecTV.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Hardtailz Bar & Grill
16816 N 35th Avenue
S/W Corner 35th ave & Bell
Phoenix, Az
602 863-3474 phone

Majerle's Sports Grill
4917 W Bell Rd Glendale AZ

Padre Murphy's
4338 W Bell Rd Glendale AZ 85308.3515

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Neither DirecTV nor the sports bars will have the Cardinal home games on TV unless it is a sell out. Road games will be on broadcast TV in the valley.

If you want to watch other teams then DirecTV is the way to go.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Valle Luna is at 35th ave and Bell and is dedicated to the Cards, they had give aways for the draft and have drink specials for the away games and play the game on the big screen.

But like Chaz said they don't play the home games unless it is a sell out.

I am going to try Big Daddy's this year for the away games, it is a 25th ave and Union Hills. Which is in walking distance from my house.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 59th Ave and Bell there's a sportsbar - behind the carwash.. good burgers!

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Unless...you get NFL ticket and you put the billing address as one of your relatives addresses (of course, you would pay your relative back the $$).

Thus, you dont get hit with the blackout.

WO_FAT

Reaction score
Sports Bars

In my opinion the best sports bar on the west side would be Santisi Brother's at Bell and I 17. Most tvs i've ever seen and good food. Waitresses aint bad either (but not sure if that matters to you).

Another option could be Uncle Charlie's on Bell and 51st. Nice place, more laid back (not as busy) as Santisi's and have little tv's at every booth so you can watch whatever you want.

Brandon_Webb

Registered
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:
Unless...you get NFL ticket and you put the billing address as one of your relatives addresses (of course, you would pay your relative back the $$).

Thats a damn good idea...

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
arthurracoon said:

never thought of that... good one.

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
UNCLE CHARLIES....it is on 53 ave and bell. huge tvs everywhere....each booth has an individual flatscreen tv and there is a good size video game room for the kids (also about 10 pool tables). :thumbup:

WO_FAT

Reaction score
More I thought about it

Seems like Uncle Charlie's would be more to your likeing. I personally havent eatin much of their food but the drinks are good. TV situation would be adequate. Not very busy and a very solid place overall. Plus, me and a couple friends know a bartender, so we get hooked up pretty good.

TrentAZCards

Veteran
Reaction score
boricuazroadie said:
Any suggestions on a West side( 35th Ave and Bell Rd.) sports bar or restaurant to take the family and catch the home games?

Thanks.

Well, around the corner from where I live on 51st Ave and Thunderbird is a small Resturant/Sports Bar called Pullano's Pizza and Wings. I like the place a lot, same with Padre Murphy's on 43rd Ave and Bell (the corner with Hollywood Video). I'm sure you know of that place since you live a mile from there.

TrentAZCards

Veteran
Reaction score
offset said:
UNCLE CHARLIES....it is on 53 ave and bell. huge tvs everywhere....each booth has an individual flatscreen tv and there is a good size video game room for the kids (also about 10 pool tables). :thumbup:

I've Noticed Uncle Charlie's, It's where the Luby's Cafeteria used to be. Imma take my cousin and my gf there soon.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Neither DirecTV nor the sports bars will have the Cardinal home games on TV unless it is a sell out. Road games will be on broadcast TV in the valley.

If you want to watch other teams then DirecTV is the way to go.

If you want to watch Cardinal home games go to Sun Devil Stadium. It's just off Rural/Scottsdale Road just across the water from the 202. :D

Reaction score
WO_FAT said:
In my opinion the best sports bar on the west side would be Santisi Brother's at Bell and I 17. Most tvs i've ever seen and good food. Waitresses aint bad either (but not sure if that matters to you).

Another option could be Uncle Charlie's on Bell and 51st. Nice place, more laid back (not as busy) as Santisi's and have little tv's at every booth so you can watch whatever you want.
been to Santisi's once at night and VERY BUSY. ( they used to have all you can eat crab legs)

The only problem I have with that place, is I heard its the Eagles hangout on Sunday's. I read that on another message board once. FYI