We've got Fitz

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
SD is going to take Manning and everyone is working Oakland to get Gallery. Was,NYG,and Cleve are all putting on the full court press to try and get the Raiders pick.This means Fitz is going to be our's for the taking. The only thing that could change is if Oaklad takes him but if there are 3 teams bidding for that pick the price will go high and Al Davis would be stupid to not trade it. Imagine if Davis were to select LF.How intense would the bidding be by Cleve and Was to get our pick? Throw the Giants in that mix also because they wouldn't want to lose out on Gallery.I think we're in the catbird's seat.We get the player we want or we auction off that pick to the highest bidder and still stay in the top 7 and,most likely,get Roy Williams and alot more players/draft picks.

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
Roy Williams

There in NO way I'd take Roy Williams that high. The guy disappears in big games. I'd take Rashuan Woods or Lee evans furter back. Woods is a better receiver anyway, the only difference is Texas gets the pub and Ok. state is virtually unknown but played a lot of heavyweights! :cool:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I say we trade down with the Browns and draft Wilfork and concentrate on defense the whole draft!!!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Quote:

I say we trade down with the Browns and draft Wilfork and concentrate on defense the whole draft!!!

I like the idea of a balanced draft, and I;m sure thats what they'll do. But I agree put the emphasis on the D. early.

We really need an extra 2nd.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This comes down to taking the best player available, or at least player from a the BPA cluster where you are picking. There might not be a defender there when you pick - that is what makes it tough. You might need a DT for eg. but what if the good DTs are gone where you pick do you reach for one? It's too bad you don't get 2 picks each round one for defense and one for offense. Sometimes the better players might be on the side of the ball where you are strong. The Cards are weak on both sides so taking BPA wherever they are makes sense.

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
This comes down to taking the best player available, or at least player from a the BPA cluster where you are picking. There might not be a defender there when you pick - that is what makes it tough. You might need a DT for eg. but what if the good DTs are gone where you pick do you reach for one? It's too bad you don't get 2 picks each round one for defense and one for offense. Sometimes the better players might be on the side of the ball where you are strong. The Cards are weak on both sides so taking BPA wherever they are makes sense.

The Cards are so weak on defense that we are last in pass rush and we are not good in the run too. Why can't we concentrate on defense alone? I for one is sick and tired of opposing QB sitting in the pocket and have time to read a newspaper!!! We need defense!!!

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
The Cards are so weak on defense that we are last in pass rush and we are not good in the run too. Why can't we concentrate on defense alone? I for one is sick and tired of opposing QB sitting in the pocket and have time to read a newspaper!!! We need defense!!!
Well I thought the Cards were last on offense and defense I saw a quote from Mora saying ATL was last on defense.

They started working on the defense already. They added Berry and Macklin. If good defenders are there as BPAs the Cards will take them. Remember you need an offense too. If your offense is going 3 and out and not scoring points your defense will get tired out anyway.
Patience. The key is to fill as many holes as possible by being smart not by panicking.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Cbus cardsfan said:
SD is going to take Manning and everyone is working Oakland to get Gallery. Was,NYG,and Cleve are all putting on the full court press to try and get the Raiders pick.This means Fitz is going to be our's for the taking. The only thing that could change is if Oaklad takes him but if there are 3 teams bidding for that pick the price will go high and Al Davis would be stupid to not trade it. Imagine if Davis were to select LF.How intense would the bidding be by Cleve and Was to get our pick? Throw the Giants in that mix also because they wouldn't want to lose out on Gallery.I think we're in the catbird's seat.We get the player we want or we auction off that pick to the highest bidder and still stay in the top 7 and,most likely,get Roy Williams and alot more players/draft picks.

If Fitz is so desired around the league, then trade the pick away and get Roy Boy and a LB in 1st round or Sean Taylor and Raushaun Woods. I would have a party in my pants. :bday:

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:

Our run defense was actually pretty adequate at times. If we have the chance, should we add another tackle? Sure, but it isn't worth passing up a true impact player on offense. IMO we are so close on offense with Boldin, the oline, Shipp, McCown, Jones, Bry-John, that if we could add another really good receiver this offense could explode with Green at the helm.

IMO the defense will improve from Deek Pollard's work with the dline. We've underachieved badly on both sides of the ball, and I'm actually confident that we'll see a few players step it up on both of the lines.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
WildBB said:
Quote:

I like the idea of a balanced draft, and I;m sure thats what they'll do. But I agree put the emphasis on the D. early.

We really need an extra 2nd.

Balanced Draft? The Atlanta Braves many years ago commited themselves to drafting and trading for pitchers and has resulted in 12 consecutive division championships. The Chicago Cubs started such a commitment about 4 years ago and now have arguable the best staff in baseball. There is something to be said about trying to be the very best you can either on defense or offense rather than have mediocre or just a good offense and defense. Does not always work but one can make an argument.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
wallyburger said:
If Fitz is so desired around the league, then trade the pick away and get Roy Boy and a LB in 1st round or Sean Taylor and Raushaun Woods. I would have a party in my pants. :bday:

HOY, ILMAO! AGREED!

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
john h said:
Balanced Draft? The Atlanta Braves many years ago commited themselves to drafting and trading for pitchers and has resulted in 12 consecutive division championships. The Chicago Cubs started such a commitment about 4 years ago and now have arguable the best staff in baseball. There is something to be said about trying to be the very best you can either on defense or offense rather than have mediocre or just a good offense and defense. Does not always work but one can make an argument.

Quote from Vikesfan:

They started working on the defense already. They added Berry and Macklin. If good defenders are there as BPAs the Cards will take them. Remember you need an offense too. If your offense is going 3 and out and not scoring points your defense will get tired out anyway.
Patience. The key is to fill as many holes as possible by being smart not by panicking.

Yea, what he said. :thumbup: One has an impact on the other, especially the O (moving the chains) on the D.

The D. scoring for the O. is equally as huge, or setting up scores.

But I see where your going. Come crunch time, Big D. has usually shut down the O's and prevails.