What are you reading now?

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I remember Dragon Tears being very good. Tick Tock. I also recommend the Bad Place.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I also usually have a non-fiction audio book going in the car (I have about a half-hour commute, longer when I have to pickup or drop off the kids).

I started listening to "Blink" in the car. Pretty good so far, same tone as "The Tipping Point" and just as interesting.

I thought this a good idea, so I put Blink on my ipod and started listening to it today...I haven't read The Tipping Point (yet) but Blink has completely captivated me right away...this is great stuff. I'm now looking forward to the commute for more of the book. :)

Thanks Jariah! :thumbup:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hey Pariah, does Gladwell also read the Tipping Point audio book?

I like the way he reads Blink.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
I just read Haunted by Chuck Palahniuk(writer of Fight Club). What a weird, weird book. Twisted and gross but pretty entertaining..not really a horror book or about a haunting like you'd expect from the title.

If anyone can read the short story "Guts" and not get squeamish you've got something on me.

I just started Steven Pressfield's Virtues of War: A Novel of Alexander the Great. I read Gates of Fire about 3 years ago and I'm not sure why I waited so long to pick up another one of his novels...its a very good read.

Weird is the perfect word to describe Haunted, twisted is up there as well. "Guts" describes quite possibly one of the grossest things that can happen to a human.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought this a good idea, so I put Blink on my ipod and started listening to it today...I haven't read The Tipping Point (yet) but Blink has completely captivated me right away...this is great stuff. I'm now looking forward to the commute for more of the book. :)

Beer me the mp3s.

CardEd

Registered
Reaction score
The Last Season, by Eric Blehm. It tells the story of a backcountry ranger Randy Morgenson's life in the Sierra Nevada mountains, his accomplishments and his disappearance.

A really interesting read. It's got me thinking of hiking the John Muir Trail.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erin and I started reading this book. Pretty good so far; something about a boy wizard or something.

You must be registered for see images attach

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've read a lot of his Novels, probably most of them. Intensity is one of my favorites...Fear Nothing and Seize the Night were very good as well.

I read a ton of Koontz but it seemed like the payoff was never worth the buildup?

Koontz was Servants of the Twilight correct? That's probably been my favorite of his books.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Erin and I started reading this book. Pretty good so far; something about a boy wizard or something.
Does she tuck you in & kiss your forehead when she's done reading you your bedtime story?

:p

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You must be registered for see images attach

:notworthy

Being a Potthead, that book holds nice memories of when times were nice and comfy in Hogwarts. Now, with book 7 on the dark horizon, seeing little 'arry Potter on the cover there reminds me how far this series has come. Kudos, J.K.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bastard.
It was good yogurt, too. But the next day he had some really great pudding in the there, so I took that to make us even stevens.

I should write a book about that. I'd call it "Good to Great: The Real Story."

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was good yogurt, too. But the next day he had some really great pudding in the there, so I took that to make us even stevens.

I should write a book about that. I'd call it "Good to Great: The Real Story."

You might leave out the chapter on the switch from Pariah to Jason to Pariah.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you ruined it.

See, he went from good to great. Good yogurt to great pudding.
sigh. What are we going to do with abomb?

He does have a point, though, since Jariah said that they were "even stevens". If he went from good to great, then really, he one-upped him.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05