What is Chris Sheridan smoking? RE: trade rumors

goldseraph

Irrelevance Sucks :(
Reaction score
From article - http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insider/columns/story?columnist=sheridan_chris&page=TradeProspects-080117&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fnba%2finsider%2fcolumns%2fstory%3fcolumnist%3dsheridan_chris%26page%3dTradeProspects-080117

Amare Stoudemire, Suns

The Suns were willing to move him over the summer when they thought they could get Garnett, and then his name pretty much dropped out of the rumor mill. But one source close to the team told ESPN.com that the Suns very quietly revisited the idea of moving Stoudemire early in December, which would lead one to believe they'll at least be open to fielding offers as the deadline nears. Just a thought, but doesn't Stoudemire and Atlanta's No. 1 pick, which the Suns own from a prior trade, for Gasol and Hakim Warrick make some sense for both teams? If not that one, what about Stoudemire for Rasheed Wallace?

Ok the Gasol and Warrick idea is pretty laughable - how exactly does that improve the Suns? A high scoring post player with little defense, plus a No. 1 pick, for a less athletic scoring post player with even less defense, plus a middling backup PF.

The second idea is just certifiably insane though, Amare for Sheed, straight up? Lay off the heavy hallucinogens, Sheridan!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From article - http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/insi...ist=sheridan_chris&page=TradeProspects-080117

Amare Stoudemire, Suns

The Suns were willing to move him over the summer when they thought they could get Garnett, and then his name pretty much dropped out of the rumor mill. But one source close to the team told ESPN.com that the Suns very quietly revisited the idea of moving Stoudemire early in December, which would lead one to believe they'll at least be open to fielding offers as the deadline nears. Just a thought, but doesn't Stoudemire and Atlanta's No. 1 pick, which the Suns own from a prior trade, for Gasol and Hakim Warrick make some sense for both teams? If not that one, what about Stoudemire for Rasheed Wallace?

Ok the Gasol and Warrick idea is pretty laughable - how exactly does that improve the Suns? A high scoring post player with little defense, plus a No. 1 pick, for a less athletic scoring post player with even less defense, plus a middling backup PF.

The second idea is just certifiably insane though, Amare for Sheed, straight up? Lay off the heavy hallucinogens, Sheridan!

Chris Sheridan has alot in common with the Scarecrow from the Wizard of Oz.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Every trade scenario I read has the Suns trading a star for a non-star without a young prospect to make up the talent differential.

asudevil83

Reaction score
the only way i'd EVER even consider the Memphis deal would be if the Atlanta Pick became Clevelands 2nd rounder, and Banks and Lowry were included in the deal.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
dude warrick was one of my favorite orange players ever. i would love to see him on this team....BEHIND AMARE off the bench. i would do marion and the atl pick/ barbosa for gasol and warrick in a second, but not stoudemire.

tobiazz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Warrick is worse that Stromile Swift. He plays the ninth most minutes on a 10-28 team. He would be a terrible pickup.

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
ALERT: You have exceeeded the annual quota for Lowball Amare offers. Please close thread immediately

cly2tw

Reaction score
Amare is making too much for just standing in Nash's way! So, anything would better. Let's just dump his contract!

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
Terribel trade ideas, both of them. This would be one of the only trades I'd consider for Amare, and it has practically no chance of taking place.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/featur...213~959&teams=1~1~21~21~1~4~4~21~21&te=&cash=

Wow, you just turned a team striving for the championship into a rebuilding team with no post presence. Didnt think that was possible, then you admitting you would consider it?

Then, somehow Atlanta changed a rookie and a scrub into luol deng and tyrus thomas.

This is grounds for ignore lol

Next time you feel like thinking about Amare's trade value, start with this concept and go from there

Last edited:

mathbzh

Registered
Reaction score
I really don't see how we could have a short term improvement trading Amare.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I should have been a lot clearer when i made the post, so my bad. I don't want to trade Amare, but if the team determines they have to do so, who can they expect to get in aa return package? By the way, if the teams makes that determination, they're acknowledging that the team can't win a championship as presently constructed, because as someone else said, this team can't improve significantly enough to win the title trading Amare now. But since the gospel has been spoken already in this thread, carry on.

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
I read that garbage on ESPN and the first thing that came to mind was "YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME" with a nice seven letter adverb added between BE and KIDDING.