What is your Favorite Cardinal Moment of all time

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm much newer to the Cardinals so I'd have to say the 2015 NFC Divisional round vs the Packers. Especially the end of the game.

I thought we were destined for SB rings after that game. So many things broke our way. Palmer should have been intercepted a couple of times in the 4th to close the game. David Johnson getting a crucial 1st down on 3rd and 10 with 4 to go by an inch of ass cheek. Then straight after a pass from Palmer was tipped for the Floyd TD while a John Brown penalty was missed on the same play. I thought the hand of God was moving the ball for us in that game. Then there was a couple of missed PI calls on us with GB going for the game.

Then God went for a leak and GB completed a bomb on 4th and 20 from inside their own 10 (Thanks Bethel). The game should have been over.

Then God took a phone call and you know what happened next.

Then the very first play of OT Palmer spins out of a sack, find Larry and he runs all the way to the 5. This would be my greatest moment.

Certainly the greatest game I've ever watched. Might be the best 4th quarter and OT ever.

I thought we were ordained to win it all that year.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I'm much newer to the Cardinals so I'd have to say the 2015 NFC Divisional round vs the Packers. Especially the end of the game.

I thought we were destined for SB rings after that game. So many things broke our way. Palmer should have been intercepted a couple of times in the 4th to close the game. David Johnson getting a crucial 1st down on 3rd and 10 with 4 to go by an inch of ass cheek. Then straight after a pass from Palmer was tipped for the Floyd TD while a John Brown penalty was missed on the same play. I thought the hand of God was moving the ball for us in that game. Then there was a couple of missed PI calls on us with GB going for the game.

Then God went for a leak and GB completed a bomb on 4th and 20 from inside their own 10 (Thanks Bethel). The game should have been over.

Then God took a phone call and you know what happened next.

Then the very first play of OT Palmer spins out of a sack, find Larry and he runs all the way to the 5. This would be my greatest moment.

Certainly the greatest game I've ever watched. Might be the best 4th quarter and OT ever.

I thought we were ordained to win it all that year.
I’ve been at almost all of the games listed here and this one - the crazy end - was indeed a lasting memory.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The NFC championship against the Eagles. When we stopped them on 4th down. I cried. Only other time I did that was when Neil Odonahue missed that kick against the Redskins in 1984

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
Easy, NFC championship win sitting with Wisconsincard. Second best game I’ve ever been to only trailing game 2 of the 2005 World Series when Scott Podsednik hit an extra innings dinger to give the White Sox a walk off win.

bad thing about the NFC championship game was I couldn’t stick around long to enjoy the win because I had a plane to catch. Bad planning on my part.
Loved that game and the meet up the night before was awesome too.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Have to go with the 1998 game winner to send them to the playoffs because I was at the game.
Yep, this was the moment that the Cardinals finally gained some local legitimacy. I'm sure many here were on the field at Sun Devil Stadium - my buddy still has some of the turf from that game.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ditto. My father (a Stillers fan) looked at me and said, "You just won the Super Bowl."
He obviously hadn't seen enough of our snake bitten franchise to know that there would have to be less than 10 seconds left to make that comment:bang:. I'm sure you enlightened him on the spot. I was yelling for Fitz to take a knee on the 5 & let the clock keep running. And all my Steeler friends who were at my house were looking at me like I was nuts.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Definitely was the 2008 NFC Championship Game. When Dockett intercepted one of the many Eagle's laterals on the last play of the game & was trying to run it all the way into the endzone. I was screaming for him to "JUST GO DOWN". When the confetti came down, all I remember was everyone in the basement was jumping up and down like lunatics. My youngest son was 6 & he was just hanging from me as I was jumping like a fool. At some point I was crying. My daughter had "We are the Champions" blasting on the stereo. I live in Eagle's country, so we moved the stereo out on the patio & looped the song for like 2 straight hours.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
He obviously hadn't seen enough of our snake bitten franchise to know that there would have to be less than 10 seconds left to make that comment:bang:. I'm sure you enlightened him on the spot. I was yelling for Fitz to take a knee on the 5 & let the clock keep running. And all my Steeler friends who were at my house were looking at me like I was nuts.
Haha, yep. I looked back at him and said, "There's too much time left."

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hands down NFC championship game when Tim Hightower scored the go ahead TD to seal our SB appearance. The atmosphere in that stadium, the craziness that ensued, the tears that were rolling and hugs that were given amongst complete strangers.

Nothing has even come close not even being at the actual SB or even Larry’s catch in it.
I am glad that you were able to narrow down the window of the game like this, because I was sitting here struggling to do so... and it almost made me pick the Fitz SB catch and run... but that always felt too early immediately after the score went up...

But this is definitely it for me too. I was in 447 not too high up for that game, but I will never forget the energy and the way the entire building resonated - it didn't shake, it resonated - from noise and energy starting the second that Hightower got the handoff and it was clear he was going in and no one would stop him, until well after the game was over.

I joke with my buddy about how we have all been chasing the dragon since that game, and I still feel that way about it.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yep, this was the moment that the Cardinals finally gained some local legitimacy. I'm sure many here were on the field at Sun Devil Stadium - my buddy still has some of the turf from that game.
Cheese and I both had turf. Pretty sure our mom threw it away.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is really hard. The Jacke kick was the third straight game in a row that came down to a FG to win. OT versus Eagles, last second to beat New Orleans. Every game was a must win to get in the playoffs and we did at the gun in every game. We had also just given up a 4TH AND 20 on D where Craig Freaking Whelihan threw a 30 yard TD to tie it with 20 seconds left. So the swing of emotion from we’re going to the playoffs with one more stop to AHHHHH now we’re headed to OT to Jacke hitting a 53 yarder was wild on of itself, but to FINALLY put us in the playoffs? It was the FIRST true moment of success in a decade of Arizona football.

the crowd at the NFC Title game was electric. That’s the only way to describe ir. In the starting lineups that places was SHAKING. I remember an Eagles fan in front of us turning to his friend and saying “Holy ****.” Re: the crowd. And the game hasn’t even STARTED. The Hightower TD was awesome, the confetti falling was beautiful, but to this day, that moment before the game where the place was GOING F’N NUTS is my memory that sticks from that game. Well, that and Ouchie doubled over in pain during the last three minutes, somehow coming down with a horrific case of stomach cramps... gutted it through like a champ tho!

my favorite single moment though was the Dansby TD. That game was so ridiculous, huge blown lead, a classic Rackers miss from 38 to win in it in regulation and Rodgers sure to kill us in OT when everything changed within one play that just sent that crowd into most bonkers frenzy I’ve ever and probably will ever experience. Anyone ever see Event Horizon? You know that moment where they watch the video of the past crew and it’s just disgusting, violent chaos... this moment was that but substitute the heavenly joy version for the horrific hell in that movie.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Been a Cardinal fan for over 60 years but when Larry caught/ran it in for the TD in the Super Bowl I thought for a second there we might win it all. Alas. . .
JMT. if I could say the single greatest moment and the worst, this would be it. I swear, it was like touching the hem of God's robe. I never felt that way before in all of my years as fan of professional sports. It was also the worst because it symbolizes what should have been a Cardinals SB win, what could have been had we held on, and unfortunately as close as Larry will ever have been to winning a Lombardi. It's painful to even talk about it.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My most memorable time would be the NFC Championship game. From the party the night before, Ben from England coming all the way for the game, to tailgate, dear lord...to the game itself, to @ANDY440 and his wife with my wife and I bawling like babies, to Adrian Wilson post game interview when he tearfully said God is Good, to players parking lot access after the game, my wife being an LSU fan hugging Early Doucet's mom, even to Q leaving in his Bentley. Someone from this board making CD's of the game for anyone who wanted one, Best memory ever.

the only low lite was @WisconsinCard being at the party.... hahaha

Here's a pic of sunrise that day from my hotel.

Attachments

• stadium-cropped.jpg
    stadium-cropped.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wtf? I guess I’m done getting you custom made things that we all participated in together . . .

i actually think Brother Who Shall Not Post found my grass in my drawer back home and then had this made and gave that to me as a present.

Probably because I’m the best brother.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my favorite single moment though was the Dansby TD. That game was so ridiculous, huge blown lead, a classic Rackers miss from 38 to win in it in regulation and Rodgers sure to kill us in OT when everything changed within one play that just sent that crowd into most bonkers frenzy I’ve ever and probably will ever experience. Anyone ever see Event Horizon? You know that moment where they watch the video of the past crew and it’s just disgusting, violent chaos... this moment was that but substitute the heavenly joy version for the horrific hell in that movie.
That Dansby TD is definitely up there as well. Dansby used to always go over and flap his wings like a bird in the section we were in and that moment I will ever forget.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That Dansby TD is definitely up there as well. Dansby used to always go over and flap his wings like a bird in the section we were in and that moment I will ever forget.

it was just a cuckoo-bananas end to a completely cuckoo bananas game. And one that had major stakes being a playoff game.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05