What is your "Lock of the Draft"?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Last year kerouac's was "We are not drafting Leftwich."
He shot, he scored.

This year?

Lets hear your ONE STRONGEST PREDICTION for the Cards draft in '04.
No if's, but's, etc.

Mine... We will not draft a quarterback in round one (or two, or three).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
He shot, he scored.

This year?

No if's, but's, etc.

My lock:

The Cards will select a player with a pick(s) in the first round.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Krangthebrain said:
My lock:

The Cards will select a player with a pick(s) in the first round.
Brilliant. You should have just sent me the money for that draft guide and saved yourself the trouble.

Ya big chicken.

You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:

Man, I hope you're wrong...mine:

San Diego will NOT draft a QB #1 overall.

The following is not a lock, but a solid opinion: IF SD trades down, they'll do it looking for Gallery, though they MIGHT take a QB, after trading down, if Gallery is off the board. My lock only covers them at #1 overall. Same thing I guaranteed the year Vick was there, and people laughed...well, I was right.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
He shot, he scored.

Technically speaking, the K9 LOCK OF THE DRAFT was that the Cards wouldn't be drafting a QB on Day One because "We already have our QB of the Future, and his name is Josh McCown." Copycat. Plagurist. I bet it's a coincidence that all your designs have a striking familiarty to I.M. Pei's.

KEROUAC9'S LOCK OF THE DRAFT, 2004 EDITION: The Arizona Cardinals will not draft an offensive lineman on the first day. No Gallery, no OG, no new Center. Clement's two-years off surgery now, and will get one more season to prove himself. Green probably thinks there's too much money on the offensive line, anyway.

For what it's worth, the lock was nearly that the Cards would select a runningback on the first day.

Last edited:

spanky1

Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
He shot, he scored.

This year?

No if's, but's, etc.

Unfair.....I cry foul......you took my lock. :talk:

maddogkf

You think KFCs still open
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sun Devil Stadium, Sect 27, Row 34, Seat 8
SECTION 11 said:
He shot, he scored.

This year?

No if's, but's, etc.

# 1 Pick - SD - Ben
# 2 Pick - Oak - Fitz
# 3 Pick - Az - Eli
# 4 Pick - NYG - Gallery

Write it in stone

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Technically speaking, the K9 LOCK OF THE DRAFT was that the Cards wouldn't be drafting a QB on Day One because "We already have our QB of the Future, and his name is Josh McCown." Copycat. Plagurist. I bet it's a coincidence that all your designs have a striking familiarty to I.M. Pei's.

Programmatically I'm more of a Rem Koolhaas fan, and aesthetically I put James Cutler at the head of a whole group of people. I.M. Pei's currently changing the oil on the bandwagon, but I'll send along your regards when he's done.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

KEROUAC9'S LOCK OF THE DRAFT, 2004 EDITION: The Arizona Cardinals will not draft an offensive lineman on the first day. No Gallery, no OG, no new Center. Clement's two-years off surgery now, and will get one more season to prove himself. Green probably thinks there's too much money on the offensive line, anyway.

For what it's worth, the lock was nearly that the Cards would select a runningback on the first day.

I find it interesting that Josh is now our QB of the future. How many times have I heard this before. The guy started 3 games and was mediocre. If this was poker then making him the QB of the future is like drawing to an inside straigtht. If you had your choice right now who would you select Josh,Ben,or Manning?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
Programmatically I'm more of a Rem Koolhaas fan, and aesthetically I put James Cutler at the head of a whole group of people. I.M. Pei's currently changing the oil on the bandwagon, but I'll send along your regards when he's done.

I'll always remember the fun days I spent as a child in Walter Gropius's Bauhaus Village.

Koolhaas looks pretty neat, though. It's hard to tell, because ArchitectureWeek is a little chiesty with the pictures, oddly enough.

CaptTurbo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My lock also is that one of the top 3 picks will be traded.

I will also give you a bonus lock. WE WILL NOT DRAFT LEFTWICH :p

An extra bonus lock.....we will not draft a rb on day 1

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
DG will take this guy if availabile: FITZ

If not he will take either M Williams or S Taylor.

That's no lock though. My lock is Gallery won't bust.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
No lox (too salty).

But I do predict Gallery won't go in the Top 5.

I do predict Jeff will still live in N.J. and John H will still live in Little Rock. Kerry will still hate Bush and the Republicans will still blast Kerry. The sun will rise in the east and set in the west. Osama will still be on the loose. The French will still hate the ugly Americans. Wallmart will still be in business and oh yes the Cubs will win their division.

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
john h said:
I find it interesting that Josh is now our QB of the future. How many times have I heard this before. The guy started 3 games and was mediocre. If this was poker then making him the QB of the future is like drawing to an inside straigtht. If you had your choice right now who would you select Josh,Ben,or Manning?
So what's your lock then?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
SECTION 11 said:
He shot, he scored.

Hell a lobotomized monkey could have told you that. It was pretty damn clear last year this team wouldnt draft a QB.

I will go along the same lines and say the Cards wont draft Icky Woods! :D

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
john h said:

Actually, that's what I was saying in March and April of 2003. He's been our "QB of the Future" for the past two seasons, in that the players that were on the roster were on the downsides of their careers (Blake) or already on the way out (Plummer). Just because you have a designated QB of the Future is not guarantee that that player is going to be good. Josh was a developmental player like Chad Pennington was for the Jets. Josh is gone from QB of the Future to QB of the Present. His 2004 season will decide whether or not he still has a future with the Cards.

People are getting pretty ballsy with their "Locks" here. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
SECTION 11

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
john h said:
I do predict Jeff will still live in N.J. and John H will still live in Little Rock. Kerry will still hate Bush and the Republicans will still blast Kerry. The sun will rise in the east and set in the west. Osama will still be on the loose. The French will still hate the ugly Americans. Wallmart will still be in business and oh yes the Cubs will win their division.

Thank you for adding jack squat.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
Hell a lobotomized monkey could have told you that. It was pretty damn clear last year this team wouldnt draft a QB.

I will go along the same lines and say the Cards wont draft Icky Woods! :D

I don't know how often you were here at the time, but there was A LOT of optimism at the time that the Cards would take Leftwich or Simms or any QB on Day 1. It wasn't going to happed, but that didn't keep anyone here from fooling themselves about it. The "K9LOD" became a reviled refrain from mid-March to Mid-April. It was pretty funny.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05