what is your take on possible changes

What is your take on possible changes

• Welcome any uni AND logo changes!

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Uni change but dont take my bird!

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Wait and see approach.

Votes: 21 37.5%
  • Bird gotta go, but keep the classic look.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dont change a thing!

Votes: 4 7.1%

• Total voters

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was reading here and on the other boards trying to gauge reaction to news of possible changes to unis and or logos. It seemed pretty even in that most are split of the thought of changes so I wanted to get a poll going (because I am bored )

Anyway my take is that for a long time I thought a name change would be nice, but after years of attachment to the cards I dont think I would want one...and I dont think there is a chance in hell the bidwills would change it anyways.

so....

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice poll. I am open to change and have comfort in knowing they wont get rid of the color red (my fav color). I hope the bird still has a classic look to it, nothing too futuristic. I think our current helmets are as classy and recognizable as the Colts, Chargers or Bears.

Don't want to see
*Southwest influence
*Southwest colors (think 'yotes first jerseys)
*Any other colors other than red, white, black and yellow
*our unis to look too much like another team's

A-Bomb

BigJoe

Rookie
Reaction score
I love the bird and would probably have to replace a quarter of my wardrobe and most of my hats should it be changed. However, I'm all for making an attempt at drawing in (a) new revenue and (b) borderline "fans" who are easily swayed by marketing buzz. That being said, I haven't noticed many comments on the fact that the Cards changed their logos, tweaked their colors, and made a pretty significant change to their white jersey just 10 years ago to coincide with the name change from Phoenix to Arizona Cardinals. Change happens. It's not like I'm going to go find a new team to cheer for just because the uniforms change. (Although, if they come out looking like the Bengals, Seahawks, or Bills, I can't imagine spending my money on a jersey that looks like one of those.)

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
abomb said:
Nice poll. I am open to change and have comfort in knowing they wont get rid of the color red (my fav color). I hope the bird still has a classic look to it, nothing too futuristic. I think our current helmets are as classy and recognizable as the Colts, Chargers or Bears.

Don't want to see
*Southwest influence
*Southwest colors (think 'yotes first jerseys)
*Any other colors other than red, white, black and yellow
*our unis to look too much like another team's

A-Bomb

I think we can be assured that it will not have a southwestern influence or colors. I dont see any way they could combine that with a cardinal bird.

The main sticking point in my mind is the Cardinal.. meaning the bird and the color arent going anywhere.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I'm welcome to any change....as long as I can wait and see...:D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
I like our current unis and I think our unis right now is a classic throwback type. But I'll take a wait and see approach.

MikeOnTheMic

Veteran
Reaction score
I like it the way it is. I think its one of the best logo/uni's in the league.

One change I would welcome would be to go back to being the "Phoenix Cardinals". I like teams named after cities rather than states.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
I would like to see an update to the bird, to make it look a little tougher but keep the same basic feel. Also, I would like to see a 3rd alternate uniform for 3-4 games per season.

I would like all Reds with white helment, All whites with white helmet, and all black with black helmet.

With the all blacks I would like to see the stiching lines and accents in red--I think that would look tough.. (Also, numbers in white with red as the outline with white sox)

Last edited:

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
MikeOnTheMic said:
I like it the way it is. I think its one of the best logo/uni's in the league.

One change I would welcome would be to go back to being the "Phoenix Cardinals". I like teams named after cities rather than states.
Arizona Cardinals sounds better than Phoenix Cardinals.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Tell you the truth I wouldn't mind if they changed the name of the team.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2 cents.

Wait and see. As long as it's not something radical like a name change or a prehistoric Cardinal or something like that I'll be fine.

I've been a fan since 1975, the uniform, the logo, Metcalf, the exciting offense were the reasons I became a fan(I was born in St Louis but grew up in California with parents who weren't sports fans so I CHOSE the Cards on my own). I absolutely identify with the team, the logo and the uniforms. So a radical change would annoy me, wouldn't stop being a fan of course, but I think it's important to remember there was a Cardinal team long before it moved to ARizona(and before St Louis) and hopefully the new look will "remember" the history of the team.

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
SweetD said:
Tell you the truth I wouldn't mind if they changed the name of the team.

I hope not, I want it to remain the Cardinals...I don't mind changing the look, but us loyal Cardinal fans have earned the right to see that emblem become a champion...

I love our team name and logo wouldn't change it for the world. Like I said, keep the Cardinal but updated it slightly to look tougher/a little more modern.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
I think it's important to remember there was a Cardinal team long before it moved to ARizona(and before St Louis) and hopefully the new look will "remember" the history of the team.

I agee. That's why the current logo needs to go, IMO.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It has to be updated to be a little meaner and more modern, but not sci fi type.

The most important thing to me though is that it MUST take on some sort of connection to Arizona without all the southwestern colors and cactus crap. Afterall this is their home now.

I love the fact that they have keep the history going, but it is important to make new history!

DKCards

Reaction score
I don' care what they wear as long as they start winning on the field.

I could even deal with a pink logo as long as it said "Super Bowl Champions 2006" under it.

Ok pink is pushing it but you get my point