What non-AZ media are saying about suspensions

Reaction score
First, in interest of full disclosure, I'm a Utah resident and a big Jazz fan. So I'm watching with interest the Spurs/Suns series. I have a few points of thought:

1. If you listen to the sports radio shows in Utah, there's pretty significant outrage at the suspensions by the hosts AND the callers. It's not just Suns fans that think the ruling was a complete joke. Either Duncan should have been suspended along with Amare & Diaw, or none of them should have been suspended.

2. Tim Duncan must have nude pictures of David Stern.

3. I was pulling for the Suns this series. I love their style of play and think Nash & Diaw are two of the top stand-up guys in the league. Now, however, I'm pulling for the Spurs. Why? I don't think the Jazz have any more chance of beating the Spurs than they would the Suns (slim either way), but now I REALLY want Jerry Sloan to insert Rafael Araujo into the game to deliver a Brazilian beat-down to Bruce Bowen. The Spurs have elevated thuggery from a stupid lack of discipline to an apparently acceptable form of strategy. Time to give them a taste of their own medicine.

4. If it weren't for point #3, I'd be pulling for the Suns. My now 2nd favorite team (now that I've completely abandoned Portland) in the NBA.

5. I think many Jazz fans feel somewhat of a kinship to Suns fans. The Spurs have their well-documented dirty play with Bruce Bowen as the King of it all. The Jazz just dispatched the Warriors with their dead-ball elbows to the head, layup-preventing tackles, elbows to the groin/stomaches, and punches to the back of the heads. Oh, and most of them didn't even get regular fouls, much less technicals, much less suspensions.

David Stern is a joke. Good luck. Despite my point #3, I'll still pull for the Suns against SA because I like them more, but I'll get into the West Conf finals way more emotionally if the Jazz are playing the Spurs.

Furio

Rookie
Reaction score
Thanks.

Whoever you guys play, I think Utah has a really good chance to win, especially they way you guys have been playing.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome and thanks for the support.

The Spurs used to be my 2nd favorite team before this series. The Jazz are now my second. I have always had a great respect for Sloan, and what he has been able to do.

OldDirtMcGirt

Reaction score
Welcome. Nice to have you on the forum, but if you would be so kind, never, ever, ever, ever mention the terms "David Stern" and "naked" in the same sentence.

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Welcome. Nice to have you on the forum, but if you would be so kind, never, ever, ever, ever mention the terms "David Stern" and "naked" in the same sentence.
He used "David Stern", "nude", and "Duncan" in same sentence which makes it perfectly ok!

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Basically the whole world was/is behind the suns. Except for NBA and SA.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
If the Suns don't make it, I'm rooting for the Jazz.

Boozer the Abuser...I love that guy!

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
First, in interest of full disclosure, I'm a Utah resident and a big Jazz fan. So I'm watching with interest the Spurs/Suns series. I have a few points of thought:

1. If you listen to the sports radio shows in Utah, there's pretty significant outrage at the suspensions by the hosts AND the callers. It's not just Suns fans that think the ruling was a complete joke. Either Duncan should have been suspended along with Amare & Diaw, or none of them should have been suspended.

2. Tim Duncan must have nude pictures of David Stern.

3. I was pulling for the Suns this series. I love their style of play and think Nash & Diaw are two of the top stand-up guys in the league. Now, however, I'm pulling for the Spurs. Why? I don't think the Jazz have any more chance of beating the Spurs than they would the Suns (slim either way), but now I REALLY want Jerry Sloan to insert Rafael Araujo into the game to deliver a Brazilian beat-down to Bruce Bowen. The Spurs have elevated thuggery from a stupid lack of discipline to an apparently acceptable form of strategy. Time to give them a taste of their own medicine.

4. If it weren't for point #3, I'd be pulling for the Suns. My now 2nd favorite team (now that I've completely abandoned Portland) in the NBA.

5. I think many Jazz fans feel somewhat of a kinship to Suns fans. The Spurs have their well-documented dirty play with Bruce Bowen as the King of it all. The Jazz just dispatched the Warriors with their dead-ball elbows to the head, layup-preventing tackles, elbows to the groin/stomaches, and punches to the back of the heads. Oh, and most of them didn't even get regular fouls, much less technicals, much less suspensions.

David Stern is a joke. Good luck. Despite my point #3, I'll still pull for the Suns against SA because I like them more, but I'll get into the West Conf finals way more emotionally if the Jazz are playing the Spurs.

In the event that Phoenix loses the series, I'm pulling for Utah. I've always somewhat liked them and felt that they were ripped off in the finals against Chicago. (Jordan got away with a push off on his game winning shot.)

Arctic

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
In the event that Phoenix loses the series, I'm pulling for Utah. I've always somewhat liked them and felt that they were ripped off in the finals against Chicago. (Jordan got away with a push off on his game winning shot.)

I always root for whoever beats us (if they beat us). That way I can say at least we were be by the champs. I mean, imagine how the Mavs must feel.

mribnik

Reaction score
If the Suns don't beat the Spurs, and it's the Spurs vs. Jazz in the WCF I'm going to feel violently ill. I can find a thousand reasons to root against each team, but no reason to root for either of them. Ugh, that would be disgusting. No offense to Jazz fan. :eek:)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

:thumbup:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I always root for whoever beats us (if they beat us). That way I can say at least we were be by the champs. I mean, imagine how the Mavs must feel.

I can never, ever root for SA.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
If the Suns don't beat the Spurs, and it's the Spurs vs. Jazz in the WCF I'm going to feel violently ill. I can find a thousand reasons to root against each team, but no reason to root for either of them. Ugh, that would be disgusting. No offense to Jazz fan. :eek:)

Oh come on, AK-47 is one of the most exciting players and so is Derron Williams. In fact, most fans should be amazed at how much Derron Williams has improved over the past year.

mribnik

Reaction score
Oh come on, AK-47 is one of the most exciting players and so is Derron Williams. In fact, most fans should be amazed at how much Derron Williams has improved over the past year.

but but...they're the Jazz! I have to admit, I'm much more likely to root for the Jazz than the Spurs, but I can't stand Sloan (as great of a coach as he is). On the other hand, I'd love to see the Jazz win a title without Malone. That thought does make me happy. Still though, I have trouble with the idea of rooting for the Jazz.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
"Go anywhere in the US, besides Utah, I hear it sucks!" My Super Ex-Girlfriend :D