What now?

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
First of all, thank you Suns for yet another tremendous season. Suspention was hard but we must move on.

Hoping for a good draft and FA. We need to do something about that bench. And think of Nash's replacement.

arwillan

The King
Reaction score
we need to get another big man to rebound and cover the other teams big men now that amare has thoroughlly proven he cant do that and wants to focus on offense. they need to add a little depth and change the run 'n' gun. the suns can not win with that system

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Now we try to get some help for Nash and Amare. We need a playmaker who can aliviate some pressure off of Steve. We also need somebody to help Amare in the paint.

In addition, Boris Diaw has to work his ass off this offseason and come into next season ready to play.

OP
OP
CHAPTER 7

CHAPTER 7

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah I don't know if Diaw deserve that contract. He needs to stop penetrating and at the end pass all the way to the 3 pointer.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Keep the core of Nash, Amare, Marion, Bell and Barbosa. Also we need to keep Thomas. Keep D'Antoni. Try not to screw up the draft again. Try to stay relatively healthy two years in a row. Hope and pray our luck will turn one day.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Yeah I don't know if Diaw deserve that contract. He needs to stop penetrating and at the end pass all the way to the 3 pointer.

What the hell do you mean you don't know, diaws last game was absolutely, digustingly, sickeningly, mind-numbingly horrible and worthless.
He is not even worth a 3 million per anymore.

Candidate #1 to be moved is Diaw

He has no toughness
no aggresiveness
bad defense
lost his 15 footer almost completely
etc. etc.

He got his contract and is now a lazy git. Time to scuttle him along with the 2nd rounder to a team with capspace and some talent for a year.

Man did the suns **** up this year, 4 million to banks, massively overpaying for diaw, letting Tim Thomas walk who would have no doubt signed for 5 million per and we sure as HELL could have used his solid shooting and decent rebounding vs the spurs.

Horrible moves by Mike as GM.

Hat

Return of the Dragon!
Reaction score
I think his boyfriend Tony Parker gave him a handy and it all went to his head.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Diaw is wasting his talent. He can do so much, but it seems so difficult to get through to him. Maybe Mike will figure out how to use him next year. But the Suns will not hesitate to move him if an opportunity presents itself.

jpjapes

Registered
Reaction score
Man, did Diaw really play that bad this year? You guys are making him sound like he is horrible now. I know he's not putting put triple doubles like he was in last years playoffs, but he is still a solid bench player... right?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Diaw had a really down year and yet everyone thinks he'll be a hot commodity on the trade market?

Sometimes I don't get Suns fans--they don't understand anything about trade value. They see a guy who is underperforming, what do they do? Talk about trading him for Kevin Garnett!

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
if diaw played like he played last year as most improved player do you think we could have won the series? just curious what your guys thoughts are

Hugh D'Man

Veteran
Reaction score
Diaw had a really down year and yet everyone thinks he'll be a hot commodity on the trade market?

Sometimes I don't get Suns fans--they don't understand anything about trade value. They see a guy who is underperforming, what do they do? Talk about trading him for Kevin Garnett!

Precisely Put

Somebody with in the organization should be flat out honest with Doris and demand/command him to work his arse off this off season. The guy has zero muscle def and plays with a pansy demeanor. Buff up and Puff up. I wish some opponent would just blast that sheepish look off his mug...does the guy even have a temper ?

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

KG for diaw is rediculous I agree, but I think you underestimate NBA GM's and their willingness to look at the rosy side of things to a fault. A lot of teams look to make changes and certainly if they are set in their thinking enough the trigger is pulled. This is where a good GM really makes a difference, the dealing that goes on is does not always work out like some cyber geek's transaction on realgm but it happens and people are willing to sometimes look past recent performace and project.
Same case with Amare, while most of you and your friends were willowing in depression about Amare having no trade value, I disagree, I bet 95% of the GM's would have asked for Amare first in any big deal proposed. Because the potential is something they tends to see while fans tend to see the immediate.

Although fans like to think 'they understand" trade values and how to game a GM online in reality you and I don't know crap about what goes on behind the doors and what type of pressure these guys are under to make changes. You can't punch pressure into an internet algorythm and shoot out a trade scenario.

All I know is I see a lot of people on the internet telling me, never, no way, stupid but good GM's seem to pull deals off time and time again all while stretching for players who have potential. Why is that?

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
Compare from last year and this year, Diaw need to lose some weight in this summer. He is 230 lbs according to suns.com, is that really true?